Is Brexit dead?

spospe

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fesspark - 2020-04-11 10:07 AMI thought this forum was for motorhome Garble,not political views,We all have our opinions so why not keep yours to yourselves,otherwise put up for election anyone could beat the shower in opposition fesspark

As far as Chatterbox is concerned I'm afraid you thought wrong.

You are of course entitled to express your views if you want to waste your time, although you shouldn't expect too much in the way of anyone paying attention to you.  Most threads end up with the regular head-bangers swapping insults and rehearsing their hobby-horse views by means of unintelligible, multi-nested quotes.  Overall this part of the Forum is best avoided, although it does give you an opportunity to let of steam occassionally if that's of any use.

fesspark - 2020-04-11 10:07 AM

I thought this forum was for motorhome Garble,not political views,We all have our opinions so why not keep yours to yourselves,otherwise put up for election anyone could beat the shower in opposition fesspark

Some years ago, when Motorhome Matters became clogged with political garbage the moderators set up Chatterbox, intended to be the place for any and all non motorhome related chatter.

It worked in as much as Motorhome Matters became more sane but the looney left soon took over Chatterbox and it quickly degenerated into what it is now with a severe lack of variety of topics and a lack of humour and tongue in cheek postings.

One of the main reasons so many good contributors have left this forum is those few obsessives who for years have posted drivel and whinged on and on about how awful the Tories are and how the sun shines out of Jeremy's ear - or is it another orifice?

Nothing stops stop them, the moderators won't stop them as they say it is just topical discussion so the best way is to ignore them and move on as they lack the balls to actually come out from behind the anonymity of their computer and stand up and be counted by putting their real names forward for election to back their alleged 'beliefs'.

Everyone, as you say, is entitled to their view but the manipulation of reality is nothing more than looney left propaganda.

Many of us make a point of NEVER clicking on any of the many cut and paste links - don't feed the trolls.

jumpstart - 2020-04-10 7:50 PM

There is no Union of the European Union. It is a dead parrot. The cheese shop is empty. Devoid of new ideas, unsympathetic towards neighbouring countries . It is a beached whale.

If you are out now, why are you worried about the shelves of the European Community cheese shop?

Should the Community have to refill them again, perhaps the divorce bill that the United Kingdom owes to it can help.

Have you ever thought about it?

Set at 32B€, it is as if each British citizen owes around 420£ to the Community.

Or, seen from another standpoint, your government owes something just under £ 63 to every citizen of the Community.

When can I expect to have mine?

Max

StuartO - 2020-04-11 10:37 AM
fesspark - 2020-04-11 10:07 AMI thought this forum was for motorhome Garble,not political views,We all have our opinions so why not keep yours to yourselves,otherwise put up for election anyone could beat the shower in opposition fesspark

As far as Chatterbox is concerned I'm afraid you thought wrong.

You are of course entitled to express your views if you want to waste your time, although you shouldn't expect too much in the way of anyone paying attention to you.  Most threads end up with the regular head-bangers swapping insults and rehearsing their hobby-horse views by means of unintelligible, multi-nested quotes.  Overall this part of the Forum is best avoided, although it does give you an opportunity to let of steam occassionally if that's of any use.

Spot on. Did make me laugh.

mtravel - 2020-04-11 11:15 AM

jumpstart - 2020-04-10 7:50 PM

There is no Union of the European Union. It is a dead parrot. The cheese shop is empty. Devoid of new ideas, unsympathetic towards neighbouring countries . It is a beached whale.

If you are out now, why are you worried about the shelves of the European Community cheese shop?

Should the Community have to refill them again, perhaps the divorce bill that the United Kingdom owes to it can help.

Have you ever thought about it?

Set at 32B€, it is as if each British citizen owes around 420£ to the Community.

Or, seen from another standpoint, your government owes something just under £ 63 to every citizen of the Community.

When can I expect to have mine?

Max

Mere piddle in the long run. Can’t wait for the finish line .

Tracker - 2020-04-11 10:41 AM

fesspark - 2020-04-11 10:07 AM

I thought this forum was for motorhome Garble,not political views,We all have our opinions so why not keep yours to yourselves,otherwise put up for election anyone could beat the shower in opposition fesspark

Some years ago, when Motorhome Matters became clogged with political garbage the moderators set up Chatterbox, intended to be the place for any and all non motorhome related chatter.

It worked in as much as Motorhome Matters became more sane but the looney left soon took over Chatterbox and it quickly degenerated into what it is now with a severe lack of variety of topics and a lack of humour and tongue in cheek postings.

One of the main reasons so many good contributors have left this forum is those few obsessives who for years have posted drivel and whinged on and on about how awful the Tories are and how the sun shines out of Jeremy's ear - or is it another orifice?

Nothing stops stop them, the moderators won't stop them as they say it is just topical discussion so the best way is to ignore them and move on as they lack the balls to actually come out from behind the anonymity of their computer and stand up and be counted by putting their real names forward for election to back their alleged 'beliefs'.

Everyone, as you say, is entitled to their view but the manipulation of reality is nothing more than looney left propaganda.

Many of us make a point of NEVER clicking on any of the many cut and paste links - don't feed the trolls.

Nothing wrong with your sense of humour .

jumpstart - 2020-04-11 11:59 AM

Nothing wrong with your sense of humour .

Who's joking!

My philosophy in life is never to worry myself about anything that I cannot fix myself.

I have no particular political affiliations - just Like Catchphrase - I say what I see!

• 2 weeks later...

Its not dead but it could be.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/calls-for-second-brexit-referendum-could-re-emerge-after-coronavirus-outbreak-1-6614716?fbclid=IwAR27Ck3jhZwec0cuti8EL9fnNGrRyNQnFVaL9La6gy_JndG82RedFZQkTp8

It seems two thirds of the population want the transition period extending including half of all leave voters. 8-)

We may have left but we are still in the European Union in all but name.

The thing is the world has now changed, probably for most of our lifetimes. Nothing will be the same again for a long time at least. As I said before, it could be that because of that remaining in the EU would be the best thing to do or it could be that leaving actually makes more sense once we see how the cards fall when we (eventually) come out of this current world crisis. It would be madness though and foolhardy not to extend the transition for the time being and clearly the majority agree with that. Johnson has until June to decide I believe. Problem with that is nobody knows where he is. Hiding in a fridge perhaps. (Again)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-04-20 10:18 PM

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/calls-for-second-brexit-referendum-could-re-emerge-after-coronavirus-outbreak-1-6614716?fbclid=IwAR27Ck3jhZwec0cuti8EL9fnNGrRyNQnFVaL9La6gy_JndG82RedFZQkTp8

It seems two thirds of the population want the transition period extending including half of all leave voters. 8-)

The thing is the world has now changed, probably for most of our lifetimes. Nothing will be the same again for a long time at least. As I said before, it could be that because of that remaining in the EU would be the best thing to do or it could be that leaving actually makes more sense once we see how the cards fall when we (eventually) come out of this current world crisis. It would be madness though and foolhardy not to extend the transition for the time being and clearly the majority agree with that. Johnson has until June to decide I believe. Problem with that is nobody knows where he is. Hiding in a fridge perhaps. (Again)

According to the New Euroupean (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

I can see why you Remoaners are hoping Chinky Flu will change the dynamics to your side of the argument ;-) ........

Have you bothered to think what the new world.......ie post chinky flu will assume after we have survived Chinky Flu? >:-) ..........

Given the performance of the EU so far (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

pelmetman - 2020-04-20 10:32 PM

I asked you why we aren't doing the same as Germany: https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/Thanks-Germany/54858/#M643653 but, like your hero BoJo you didn't answer.

The Polar opposite to Nicola Sturgeon on TV again last night taking questions from viewers and directly answering every one. When will BoJo do that *-)

pelmetman - 2020-04-20 10:32 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-04-20 10:18 PM

According to the New Euroupean (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

I can see why you Remoaners are hoping Chinky Flu will change the dynamics to your side of the argument ;-) ........

Have you bothered to think what the new world.......ie post chinky flu will assume after we have survived Chinky Flu? >:-) ..........

Did you bother to read what I said? Its not just the New European that has covered this by the way. I said that we should keep our options open as its just possible that after all this is over leaving the EU might be the better option. Somehow I doubt it but we just dont know. Therefore it makes sense to get a 1 or 2 year further extension while we work that out and begin the long economic recovery from Covid 19. We wouldnt have to stick to it either. If six months down the line it appears that we need out and fast we could dump the transition.

Do you honestly believe though that by December having suffered by then nearly a year of disruption that business and the public will be happy to suffer a further shock from the fall out of a no deal Brexit and everything we know that will entail?

Is there still an EU?

It seems to me that individual member States were on their own until threats to break up the EU were aired. Then all of a sudden hundreds of millions (or was it Billions?) of Euros became available, all of which will need to be paid back. That is another reason why we need to get out NOW.

747 - 2020-04-21 12:34 PM

Is there still an EU?

It seems to me that individual member States were on their own until threats to break up the EU were aired. Then all of a sudden hundreds of millions (or was it Billions?) of Euros became available, all of which will need to be paid back.

We are always paying back debts to somebody, so who it's too, and what it's for, doesn't seem to make much difference.

I seem to recall it took us over 60 years to pay back the USA and Canada for WW2 debts.

;-)

Barryd999 - 2020-04-21 10:33 PM

Looks like Cruella Patels Points based immigration system has been binned.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/government-shelves-priti-patel-s-immigration-bill-house-of-commons-1-6616651

Perhaps Free movement of people was a good idea after all? Who knew eh?

8-)

Says delayed ... Is that the same as binned

Birdbrain - 2020-04-22 6:12 AM

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/government-shelves-priti-patel-s-immigration-bill-house-of-commons-1-6616651

8-)

Well lets hope so eh seeing as we desperately need immigrants to pick our food and save our lives.

Barryd999 - 2020-04-22 8:15 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-04-22 6:12 AM

8-)

Well lets hope so eh seeing as we desperately need immigrants to pick our food and save our lives.

We've always needed immigrants for that and for years managed without the EU and open borders to fill those positions ... The same open borders fill our prisons , courts , police cells n'all ... Side issue for you I know

Many observers have said that the timescale to deliver a good Brexit (by the end of 2020) is very tight and that was before Covid-19 struck.

Since the virus and its problems are occupying all the attention at the moment (just look at the News on TV if in doubt), do you think that a good Brexit deal is possible before 31 December 2020?

My personal guess is that politicians of all shades and nationalities regard Brexit as a distraction they can live without and possibly will push for an extension to the end of 2021.

What say you?

Archived