Covid changes

Dursl

Stuc - 2020-05-11 4:50 PM

I have read (quickly) the 60 page document. AND the FAQs (see https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do).

The FAQs include ... "1.9 Are day trips and holidays ok? Day trips to outdoor open space, in a private vehicle, are permitted. You should practise social distancing from other people outside your household."

I can't see anything wrong with a day out, but I was wondering about a cheeky (wild) night out too.

Jusy wondering at the moment though.

Your comment of a "cheeky" wild night out shows that you know it is not acceptable under the current requirements. As you quoted, day trips are permitted. An overnight stay wouldn't be a day trip would it?

Brian Kirby - 2020-05-12 1:05 PM

Stuc - 2020-05-12 9:32 AM

I have failed to find anything in the new documentation that prohibits sleeping overnight in a motorhome. …….

I think, if you check, you will find the advice was that you can now travel an unlimited distance to take exercise, but must not stop overnight. However, wait for a day or three before going, as the "clarifications" are still being issued!

Trying the line that no-one actually said you couldn't spend the night in a motorhome, if challenged by the police at night, just might suggest a smartarse who needed to be fined to make the point! I think some folks senses of humour are just a little frayed at present. I wouldn't push your luck!

I think this a good reply Brian.

It seems that Stuc doesn't want to accept that he can only go out for a day at a time.. The Prime Minister (if I remember correctly) said on Sunday that going out for a day was fine as long as one returned home that day/didn't stay somewhere overnight.

Despite what Boris or others think, this Virus HAS NOT gone away or abated in any way , I for one and my wife are going to carry on Isolating as we have been since 20 th March, my van sits in my garden and there it is going to stay , you go out if you want to , but we are NOT for changing anytime soon.

It looks like we are getting to the 'I'm alright Jack and sod the rest' stage. People want their freedom and will look for loop holes or ambiguities to clear their conscience. Well you go ahead and I hope none of your family catch it because you wont be there at the end to say 'Sorry, but at least we had a nice day out' as they die alone. Go on enjoy yourself, you'll be alright, wont you?

Solwaybuggier - 2020-05-12 8:01 A

in Cumbria, where we are a black spot for Covid.

A cursory look at the facts shows this is highly misleading

The Chief Medical Officer has already said this is probably due to a higher rate of testing

And the main concentration is in Barrow - Hardly a tourist hot spot, in fact a deprived area where the majority live concentrated in tightly packed housing.

To suggest its got anything to to with motorhomers visiting the lakes is entirely without foundation.

Dursl - 2020-05-11 4:19 PM

Does todays changes to policy mean that my wife and I can now use our motorhome to day trip, as long as we do not stay overnight. The benefits of doing so rather than taking our car would be access to or our own toilet and hand washing facilities within or own controlled and safe environment. Anybody got an tough either way please...

What if you had a fault with your vehicle that meant you couldn't drive it back till next day ;-)

Guest rael
John52 - 2020-05-14 10:45 PM

Does todays changes to policy mean that my wife and I can now use our motorhome to day trip, as long as we do not stay overnight. The benefits of doing so rather than taking our car would be access to or our own toilet and hand washing facilities within or own controlled and safe environment. Anybody got an tough either way please...

What if you had a fault with your vehicle that meant you couldn't drive it back till next day ;-)

May not answer the question but If you are unable to return to your home hotels etc are allowed to provide you with accommodation, see section (i) below. I suspect that if you were out for the day in your van and you broke down the police would expect you to call road assistance to get you home, as you would in any other circumstance.

(3) Subject to paragraph (4), a person responsible for carrying on a business consisting of the provision of holiday accommodation, whether in a hotel, hostel, bed and breakfast accommodation, holiday apartment, home, cottage or bungalow, campsite, caravan park or boarding house, must cease to carry on that business during the emergency period.

(4) A person referred to in paragraph (3) may continue to carry on their business and keep any premises used in that business open—

(a)to provide accommodation for any person, who—

(i)is unable to return to their main residence;

(ii)uses that accommodation as their main residence;

(iii)needs accommodation while moving house;

(iv)needs accommodation to attend a funeral;

John52 - 2020-05-14 9:42 PM

And the main concentration is in Barrow - Hardly a tourist hot spot, in fact a deprived area where the majority live concentrated in tightly packed housing.

What complete and insulting fiction.

Every area has its grott spots, and Barrow is no worse than anywhere else. I've come across some pretty grim places in your Scotland, but I don't feel a need to grossly exaggerate and throw mud.

everhopeful - 2020-05-15 8:29 PM

Every area has its grott spots, and Barrow is no worse than anywhere else. I've come across some pretty grim places in your Scotland, but I don't feel a need to grossly exaggerate and throw mud.

You say its fiction,but offer no evidence

What part of the quote do you think is fiction?

Is Barrow a tourist hot spot *-)

Is it not a deprived area *-)

Are the majority not concentrated in tightly packed housing *-)

everhopeful - 2020-05-15 8:29 PM

Sorry, but from past experience there is NO point in engaging in discussion with certain trollers! Just let him get on with it.

rael - 2020-05-15 9:17 AM

John52 - 2020-05-14 10:45 PM

May not answer the question but If you are unable to return to your home hotels etc are allowed to provide you with accommodation, see section (i) below. I suspect that if you were out for the day in your van and you broke down the police would expect you to call road assistance to get you home, as you would in any other circumstance.

(3) Subject to paragraph (4), a person responsible for carrying on a business consisting of the provision of holiday accommodation, whether in a hotel, hostel, bed and breakfast accommodation, holiday apartment, home, cottage or bungalow, campsite, caravan park or boarding house, must cease to carry on that business during the emergency period.

(4) A person referred to in paragraph (3) may continue to carry on their business and keep any premises used in that business open—

(a)to provide accommodation for any person, who—

(i)is unable to return to their main residence;

(ii)uses that accommodation as their main residence;

(iii)needs accommodation while moving house;

(iv)needs accommodation to attend a funeral;

Thanks for looking it up

OK then what if you spend the night investigating and repairing the fault ;-)

John52 - 2020-05-14 9:37 PM

Solwaybuggier - 2020-05-12 8:01 A

However any suggestion of a night away is clearly against the regulations -

Could you enlighten us all as to what regulation it is contravening ?

Was hoping you were going to enlighten us all as this is important.

Archived