Stay Apart and Stay Safe

StuartO

StuartO - 2020-06-04 9:27 AM

Posted by someone on Facebook today:

"Took the moho out for the day to Godrevy Point today (only 20 miles from our home in Falmouth) and got stopped by the police to check our validity of travel. Talking with the officer we found out that today, in this area alone, they had stopped and charged 5 vans - two from Kent, one from the Midlands and two from Yorkshire. They have all been told to return home and are being fined. Also found out that the fine applies to everyone in the vehicle. Therefore a family of four will pay four fines !! Don’t think I’ll be travelling away for a while."

Bit short on relevant info there.

He would have been ok driving to Godrevy for exercise

Presumably the others stated they were not living in their (motor) home when the lockdown was announced, - unlike these guys where "there was no breach of the Public Health Regulations 2020 deemed to have taken place and therefore no police action was necessary." https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Police-called-to-Motorhome/55244/

globebuster - 2020-06-04 12:26 AM

John52 - 2020-06-03 7:51 PM

globebuster - 2020-06-03 7:28 PM

your actions are far worse than any other example of breaking the law that I'm aware of.

But you can't say what law I have broken *-)

Well, more like I can't be bothered actually - You know you've broken the law,

But i don't know what law I have broken since you 'can't be bothered' *-) to tell us *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-06-04 2:48 PM

your actions are far worse than any other example of breaking the law that I'm aware of.

But i don't know what law I have broken since you 'can't be bothered' *-) to tell us *-)

Do you OWN a motorhome? >:-) ........

Or is it just YOUR "interpretation" of a motorhome?,........HYPOCRITE *-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-06-04 2:52 PM

John52 - 2020-06-04 2:48 PM

Do you OWN a motorhome? >:-) ........

Or is it just YOUR "interpretation" of a motorhome?,........HYPOCRITE *-) ........

So the best you can do is argue over the interpretation of motorhome.

Totally pointless irrelevant distraction, because steel walls of a van will be at least as effective a barrier for the virus as motorhome windows.

I'm either in there, which is as good a barrier as my bricks and mortar house, or outdoors where the risk of transmission is lowest - especially during the unprecedented spell of hot weather :-D

Its indoors where the virus spreads - especially when people are sitting close for long periods. BoJo cutting the social distancing to one metre for his Brexit chum's Wetherspoons pubs is what you should be worried about >:-)

Brian Kirby - 2020-06-04 12:11 PM

There has to be some greater reason for the estimated 8,000 infections per day that are still taking place than that it is just passing around in carehomes. So who is causing that level of infection?

Something you apparently haven't seen Brian.

The housing crisis - people crammed into places they can't socially isolate.

Virus spreads far more easily indoors, than it does outdoors.

Why else is the lockdown not working?

StuartO - 2020-06-03 9:46 AM

John52 - 2020-06-03 9:05 AM

'Stay Apart' is insensitive to the millions in overcrowded housing etc.

Thats why the virus is still spreading during lockdown,

and we can't stay on lockdown till the R rate comes down.

The economy won't stand it.

You don’t have to be a genius to appreciate that “Stay Apart” doesn’t apply to inside your home but to social distancing when you’re out.

Well you wouldn't need to be a genius to appreciate that not everyone has the sort of housing you do.

John52 - 2020-06-05 7:05 AM

You don’t have to be a genius to appreciate that “Stay Apart” doesn’t apply to inside your home but to social distancing when you’re out.

Well you wouldn't need to be a genius to appreciate that not everyone has the sort of housing you do.

Whats his house got to do with social distancing when out ???

Birdbrain - 2020-06-05 7:08 AM

As I stated in the post you quoted but ignored I was talking about spreading the virus indoors.

Which spreads far more easily indoors, so social distancing indoors is more important than social distancing when out.

But many people can't social distance in their overcrowded cramped housing.

John52 - 2020-06-05 7:21 AM

As I stated in the post you quoted but ignored I was talking about spreading the virus indoors.

Which spreads far more easily indoors, so social distancing indoors is more important than social distancing when out.

Then you would think those who care with empty properties would offer their help ... Like you

StuartO - 2020-06-05 8:29 AM

John52 - 2020-06-05 7:21 AM ....But many people can't social distance in their overcrowded cramped housing.

Irrelevant. People in the same household don't need to try to stay 2 meters apart.

Actually they do if one is going out to work.

Ever heard of Flats & other HMO's with shared facilities *-)

Birdbrain - 2020-06-05 8:57 AM

John52 - 2020-06-05 7:21 AM

Then you would think those who care with empty properties would offer their help ... Like you

Not empty now.

Not been empty for so long before.

I didn't expect the sunshine to last as long as it did.

John52 - 2020-06-05 6:59 AM

There has to be some greater reason for the estimated 8,000 infections per day that are still taking place than that it is just passing around in carehomes. So who is causing that level of infection?

Seems too simple a hook to hang a coat on to me. It must undoubtedly contribute, but equally can't be the whole answer. After all, just on the issue of crowded housing, what about those who live with extended families for cultural, rather than economic reasons? Also (and I'm not claiming to have combed the news for supporting evidence), I haven't seen reports of whole households being infected, as one would expect from densely multi-occupied housing where one occupant became infected. It's obvious that the virus is more readily caught indoors than outdoors, but no-one seems to have isolated crowded housing as a source of increased infection, whereas they definitely did in the case of care homes - which are also multi-occupied, albeit with more vulnerable, though better organised, occupants. So, I still think there must be a lot of infection taking place other than in crowded homes.

Brian Kirby - 2020-06-05 12:25 PM

Seems too simple a hook to hang a coat on to me. It must undoubtedly contribute, but equally can't be the whole answer. After all, just on the issue of crowded housing, what about those who live with extended families for cultural, rather than economic reasons? Also (and I'm not claiming to have combed the news for supporting evidence), I haven't seen reports of whole households being infected, as one would expect from densely multi-occupied housing where one occupant became infected. It's obvious that the virus is more readily caught indoors than outdoors, but no-one seems to have isolated crowded housing as a source of increased infection, whereas they definitely did in the case of care homes - which are also multi-occupied, albeit with more vulnerable, though better organised, occupants. So, I still think there must be a lot of infection taking place other than in crowded homes.

A lot of people can't afford to live near their work, so have to use overcrowded public transport. They might catch the virus on the tube, but the root cause is the housing crisis, because they wouldn't spend hours crammed into public transport every day if they had a choice.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-06-05 1:09 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-06-05 12:25 PM

A lot of people can't afford to live near their work, so have to use overcrowded public transport. They might catch the virus on the tube, but the root cause is the housing crisis, because they wouldn't spend hours crammed into public transport every day if they had a choice.

Perhaps they should all get a builders van to live and talk b*llocks in? *-) ........

John52 - 2020-06-05 1:09 PM.....................A lot of people can't afford to live near their work, so have to use overcrowded public transport. They might catch the virus on the tube, but the root cause is the housing crisis, because they wouldn't spend hours crammed into public transport every day if they had a choice.

Doesn't compute! :-) It is estimated that approximately 1.2 million people commute into central London daily. It would be extremely difficult to inject an extra 1 million or so additional homes into central London, which is the main reason so many commute. You disregard those who commute because they choose not to live in central London, (or the centre of any city) which is where the jobs tend to concentrate. You also disregard those, such as construction workers, whose places of employment move as projects come and go. It is undoubtedly true that many commute relatively short distances within cities because the areas in which they work lack affordable nearby housing, but that is far from the whole picture. Although the numbers who live in the conditions you depict are large, they are not large as a percentage of the overall population. Nor is the incidence of Covid locked into those places. The simple truth is that, although for some their housing leaves them more vulnerable to the virus than others, Covid spreads simply because people, however housed, however wealthy, and wherever they live, travel around and are careless of the social distancing rules.

Brian Kirby - 2020-06-06 7:11 PM

.................. It would be extremely difficult to inject an extra 1 million or so additional homes into central London, which is the main reason so many commute. .

... unless we could make use of a few of the Royal Palaces. *-)

...but it wouldn't be difficult for the Government to stop cramming everything into Central London to jack up housing costs for their landlord chums. Even cramming the Olympics into London FFS

Covid spreads simply because people, however housed, however wealthy, and wherever they live, travel around and are careless of the social distancing rules.

The likes of the Duke of Cornwall, BoJo & Dominic Cummings have apparently been careless of the social distancing rules they impose on us. Its them that need to realise the virus doesn't discriminate because they seemed to think they were above it.

But those without proper housing, working in the gig economy,key workers, & the retinue of servants cleaning up after the Duke of Cornwall etc, maybe don't have a choice when their masters have spread the virus to their other homes.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-06-08 7:08 AM

Covid spreads simply because people, however housed, however wealthy, and wherever they live, travel around and are careless of the social distancing rules.

The likes of the Duke of Cornwall, BoJo & Dominic Cummings have apparently been careless of the social distancing rules they impose on us. Its them that need to realise the virus doesn't discriminate because they seemed to think they were above it.

But those without proper housing, working in the gig economy,key workers, & the retinue of servants cleaning up after the Duke of Cornwall etc, maybe don't have a choice when their masters have spread the virus to their other homes.

"But those without proper housing,"

Said the bloke who has just spent months living in a builders van with a bucket and a wide neck bottle 8-) ......

pelmetman - 2020-06-08 8:30 AM

Said the bloke who has just spent months living in a builders van with a bucket and a wide neck bottle 8-) ......

.... which made social distancing to keep away from the virus easy for me B-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-06-08 8:38 AM

So there you go ;-) ...........

You've just solved the housing crisis you keep on bleating about :D .......

All folk need is a builders van....a bucket....and a wide neck bottle >:-) ......

.... which made social distancing to keep away from the virus - or potentially spread it, easy for me B-)

pelmetman - 2020-06-08 10:13 AM

So there you go ;-) ...........

You've just solved the housing crisis you keep on bleating about :D .......

All folk need is a builders van....a bucket....and a wide neck bottle >:-) ......

Bullseye! :-D :-D :-D

Archived