Fiat Ducato airbag warning light

Eswyn

Having had my van on SORN since the start of lockdown, now on starting and running the vehicle I have the airbag warning light showing on the dashboard for no apparent reason.

The information says see handbook, the handbook says consult main dealer. Fiat commercial main dealers are few and far apart in this part of the Country, ie 80 mile round trip.

Any ideas, could this be a large spider at home somewhere?

A common, but potentially expensive fix by Fiat. If you do a search either on here or google you will find many posts on it. I had to have mine replaced but managed to get it done as a goodwill gesture. I have posted about it on other forums and probably on here too.

There is a firm called crashdata who will repair the unit quickly and for about £80. Their details will crop up on the threads.

A word of warning though. Although the unit is fairly straightforward to remove and replace, there is a specific sequence to follow, particularly for the electrical connections.

Davy

Eswyn - 2020-07-27 8:21 PM

Many thanks for the heads up Davy.

I was hoping it was just a blip and it would right itself, I'll keep an eye open for the details of 'crashdata'.

Earlier forum discussions that included regerences to the “Crashdata” firm

https://tinyurl.com/y4znhjr4

Their website here

https://www.crashdata.co.uk/Default.asp

We used crash data, we telephoned and a young lady, yes a young lady, gave me explicit instructions how to remove, did it with her on phone! Removed, sent it to her, it arrived back in three days. £60.00. Job done. V v satisfied! Good luck. Fiat wanted £300 !

Good luck

Archived