Dont want to say I told you so

Barryd999

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Kirby - 2020-08-24 6:57 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-24 6:34 PM..................….Hypocrite

Says he who calls everyone else haters, but wants migrants to drown in the Channel as an act of fraternal love - because they frighten him. What's that word I'm searching for? :-D

Brian Goes To Hollywood ... Dont recall I have ever said I want "migrants to drown in the Channel" or saying they were all "potential terrorist" ... Makes you feel better imagining I did though hater ... Talking of immigrant terrorists though ... https://news.sky.com/story/fast-food-worker-who-called-himself-local-terrorist-cleared-of-plotting-to-attack-army-base-with-axes-and-drone-12055748 ... You dont have to look far do ya

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2020-08-24 3:58 PM

pelmetman - 2020-08-24 8:38 AM

John52 - 2020-08-24 6:56 AM

They come with no papers so you don't even know what country they came from.

They can tell you anything.

How are you going to force other country to accept them *-)

Give them the choice of a flight home or being locked up ;-) .........

Then give their country the choice of accepting their citizens back or lose millions in aid >:-) ..........

Superficially attractive Dave but the countries from which these poor souls came will have the greedy b******rds who siphon off any aid to fund their Mercedes limousines and luxury compounds. Morally indefensible methinks.

Kinda makes it more likely that they would accept their citizens back, if it means they will lose their slush funds ;-) ............

Birdbrain - 2020-08-24 7:05 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-24 6:57 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-24 6:34 PM..................….Hypocrite

Says he who calls everyone else haters, but wants migrants to drown in the Channel as an act of fraternal love - because they frighten him. What's that word I'm searching for? :-D

Brian Goes To Hollywood ... Dont recall I have ever said I want "migrants to drown in the Channel" or saying they were all "potential terrorist" ... Makes you feel better imagining I did though hater ... Talking of immigrant terrorists though ... https://news.sky.com/story/fast-food-worker-who-called-himself-local-terrorist-cleared-of-plotting-to-attack-army-base-with-axes-and-drone-12055748 ... You dont have to look far do ya

Well, let's see.

Just read this, paying attention to the bold:

Birdbrain - 2020-08-08 3:45 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-08 3:02 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-08 2:36 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-08 9:31 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-07 7:35 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-08-07 5:34 PM…………………….

Thanks for posting the facts Brian and dispelling a few myths. So as I said following the transition period not only will there be no Dublin agreement which actually currently allows us to send Migrants back to the country they entered Europe from I presume we wont have access to the Eurodac database so wont be able to check finger prints and previous claims etc. I imagine the French will be rubbing their hands with glee at that prospect and probably the Italians and Greeks. Dinghy sales in France will do good business I bet.

Nigel is going to be busy except I bet he isnt. He wont want to broadcast the fact that his Brexit rather than securing our borders has actually made them much weaker. Of course it will be winter by then but come the spring?

We can secure our borders ... Use the military with the required force if needed to repel the invaders ... Simple ... Seem to remember you wanted the military to stop invaders coming to your neck of the woods during lockdown, whats the difference hypocrite ???

So would you care to explain how that might be achieved? Where, exactly, is the UK border? How, exactly, does who, prevent people crossing it? You do realise that the UK border does not run down the French coast, don't you? I assume you also realise that if we want to keep certain people out it is for us to keep them out and not for other countries to prevent them leaving in case they want to come here.

Read the above Fullfact analysis of the rules.

UK territorial waters extend 12 miles offshore. In locations where the Channel is less than 24 miles wide the English - French border is mid channel. In areas where the Channel is more than 24 miles wide, the space between UK territorial waters and French territorial waters is international waters.

At its narrowest point, in the Dover Strait, between Dover and Cap Gris-Nez, the Channel is just 22 miles wide.

So where/how does anyone intercept an overloaded inflatable in mid channel, in the middle of the "world's busiest shipping lane" without endangering its occupants in contravention of Article 98 of the United Nations Convention of the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) and/or Regulation V-33 of the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea (SOLAS), to both of which the UK is signatory?

Once they cross the French/UK border in mid Channel they have, legally or illegally, entered the UK, and are subject to our legal jurisdiction, and until they reach that point they remain under French legal jurisdiction.

So what, exactly, do you expect "our military" to do? Strafe them, sink their boat and drown them, or safeguard their passage in the best manner under prevailing sea conditions, and arrest them once safely on land? And how would that differ from what is now being done?

Like many who live with these types I simply dont care what the Navy does at all or how it does it to stop those you and Barry believe we should house in towns and cities away from you ... Current legal jurisdiction can be changed and Government has talked about doing so and the sooner it is the better ... If EU based Italy can refuse them to land then little old scaredy pants Blighty can do the same and those illegals got in the sea without force so one can only presume they like the sea, so stay in it

Re Italy: https://tinyurl.com/yxv2kzpg Seems it's not quite as simple legally as you'd like! And those migrants had already been taken on board rescue ships, and were eventually landed on Italian soil in any case.

There may well be many who think as you do, which is why we need people who think otherwise, isn't it? As to where I think they should go, I don't have an opinion. Their claims first have to be evaluated, so it is only those with convincing cases who will need accommodation, the others will presumably be refused entry and deported.

But what you've failed to do is demonstrate how they should be dealt with. "Don't care" is hardly an answer is it? You do care, because you endlessly whinge on about them. You just aren't prepared to think through what you're saying, and spell out its implications, are you? Bit uncomfortable, I suppose! :-D

Dont go all Hollywood Brian ... I said I dont care how the Navy deals with them, is that so difficult to understand and I dont need to think anything through and its certainly not uncomfortable Princess ... As long as they dont land on our shores I dont care ... Simple enough for ya

So, the risk of drowining if attempts were made to turn back the migrants, as you had advocated, was pointed out to you. You said you didn't care.

You were asked what you thought should be done to prevent them crossing the channel. You again said you didn't care.

You were invited to consider the consequences of what you were arguing for. You wouldn't, and you again said you didn't care what the consequences, including drowning, for the refugees might be.

How much more proof do you want?

It was explained to you that the consequence of your own argument would be drowned refugees, and you repeatedly replied that you didn't care. What conclusion should one draw?

According to you, drowning them would be acceptable to you, just so long as they didn't get to the UK. Having said that three times you couldn't have been any clearer, could you?

Archived