Dont want to say I told you so

Barryd999

pelmetman - 2020-08-23 9:05 AM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-22 8:45 AM

pelmetman - 2020-08-21 3:53 PM...........................Shipping them back next door is hardly solving the problem is it? >:-) ..........

But shipping them back next door under the Dublin regulations is far easer than trying to ship them back to their countries of origin under international law.

No country has jurisdiction outside it's own borders saving those negotiated with other countries or competent international institutions. We have fewer rights under international law than we have under the Dublin regulations.

It is a Brexiter own goal. Simples.

Shipping them back next door is pointless *-) ..........

We may as well just ship them to West Sussex ;-) .........

I reckon you'd soon change your tune then >:-) ...........

Yeah nice try but that's exactly what you argued with me and many others for years! You thought Brexit would simply allow the uk to just send them all packing back to France. Now its been proved to you that in fact Brexit will actually close that option down you now think it's a bad idea anyway sending them back. (lol) Your funny.

Interesting article here. Seems the boat people are in the main genuine refugees not chancers. They come by boat as they want to be picked up and have a good chance of being accepted. The real illegals are the ones stowing away on lorries etc and it seems many are actually from Europe, Albania.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-50813246

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Kirby - 2020-08-22 12:54 PM

John52 - 2020-08-22 12:33 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-22 11:14 AM

A remaining alternative might be to simply tour the camps with free, open, air tickets to any country of their choosing outside the EU or UK, and additionally stuff their mouths with gold as an inducement to accept. Ultimately, that might be cheaper!

But that would just encourage more people to claim - a fraudsters charter like everything else BoJo has come up with :-S

Possibly, but the Brexiter's game is to send them elsewhere, not to worry whether they are morally virtuous!

I'm not convinced the English Aristocracy really wants to stop illegal immigration - it has brought cheap labour, high rents divide and rule amongst the working class, and something to blame on the EU - all of which seem to suit them.

Their puppet politicians seem to have tackled it in a half hearted manner, and in some ways encouraged it.

Barryd999 - 2020-08-23 10:12 AM

The real illegals are the ones stowing away on lorries etc and it seems many are actually from Europe, Albania.

Exactly - and they come here for the black economy, as the Covid ridden sweatshops in Leicester have shown.

Guest pelmetman

pelmetman - 2020-08-21 3:53 PM...........................Shipping them back next door is hardly solving the problem is it? >:-) ..........

But shipping them back next door under the Dublin regulations is far easer than trying to ship them back to their countries of origin under international law.

No country has jurisdiction outside it's own borders saving those negotiated with other countries or competent international institutions. We have fewer rights under international law than we have under the Dublin regulations.

Yeah nice try but that's exactly what you argued with me and many others for years! You thought Brexit would simply allow the uk to just send them all packing back to France. Now its been proved to you that in fact Brexit will actually close that option down you now think it's a bad idea anyway sending them back. (lol) Your funny.

Interesting article here. Seems the boat people are in the main genuine refugees not chancers. They come by boat as they want to be picked up and have a good chance of being accepted. The real illegals are the ones stowing away on lorries etc and it seems many are actually from Europe, Albania.

You forget ;-) ..........

As of midnight on the 31st December we will be able to make our own ship'em back rules B-) .........

Which the ECJ wont be able to do "F" all about >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-08-23 11:11 AM

As of midnight on the 31st December we will be able to make our own ship'em back rules B-) .........

Are you daft enough to think that other countries will have to accept whoever we send them?

John52 - 2020-08-23 11:58 AM

Are you daft enough to think that other countries will have to accept whoever we send them?

Sadly I think he is. France will just say feck off and they actually do hold all the cards. There is the Le Touquet agreement for a kick off. Before we had that in 2002 it was pretty much open season for migrants getting into the UK illegally. Piss of the French and have a guess how hard they will try to stop illegal immigrants.

It will slowly come to dawn on the Brexiteers that stand alone fortress Britain is as much a fantasy as their bat sh1t crazy no deal WTO rules theory.

The UK is incapable of forging it's own way on its own. It's way to dependent on Europe from everything to securing it's borders to medicine to flipping car bumpers.

..... another example of the Black economy that attracts illegals

It isn't just jobs

Landlords are legally required to establish the immigration status of tenants

But thats just another law the Government only pays lip service too

when the Landlords are illegal

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/aug/23/no-place-like-home-illegal-evictions-in-shadow-sector-soar-in-lockdown

Blame that on the EU as well *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-08-23 1:48 PM

Why would illegal immigrants take their lives in their hands crossing the channel if they could illegally rent a flat and illegally get a job as easy as they can in England .......

Because they know suckers like you will welcome them with open arms *-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-08-23 12:49 PM

John52 - 2020-08-23 11:58 AM

Sadly I think he is. France will just say feck off and they actually do hold all the cards. There is the Le Touquet agreement for a kick off. Before we had that in 2002 it was pretty much open season for migrants getting into the UK illegally. Piss of the French and have a guess how hard they will try to stop illegal immigrants.

It will slowly come to dawn on the Brexiteers that stand alone fortress Britain is as much a fantasy as their bat sh1t crazy no deal WTO rules theory.

The UK is incapable of forging it's own way on its own. It's way to dependent on Europe from everything to securing it's borders to medicine to flipping car bumpers.

Which bit of sending them home are you struggling to comprehend? :-S ........

France is NOT THEIR HOME *-) ........

Guest Ingo Sundowner
I didn't vote to leave. So my take is to leave those brexiteers to it, their doing and their issue now. All the above is nothing compared with the s**t that's coming down the track in January

pelmetman - 2020-08-23 9:00 AM

A remaining alternative might be to simply tour the camps with free, open, air tickets to any country of their choosing outside the EU or UK, and additionally stuff their mouths with gold as an inducement to accept. Ultimately, that might be cheaper!

But that would just encourage more people to claim - a fraudsters charter like everything else BoJo has come up with :-S

Possibly, but the Brexiter's game is to send them elsewhere, not to worry whether they are morally virtuous!

It's curious that those who claim the moral high ground on here don't seem to have a migrant problem *-) ..........

I'm guessing they'd soon change their minds if migrants were dumped in their Shangri-Las >:-) .........

But you only guess that because it suits you. You don't know that, and it's unlikely that you'd even get proof, so all you guess does is show how you view other people, based on where they live. Bit shallow, that, isn't it?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-08-23 2:47 PM

It's curious that those who claim the moral high ground on here don't seem to have a migrant problem *-) ..........

I'm guessing they'd soon change their minds if migrants were dumped in their Shangri-Las >:-) .........

But you only guess that because it suits you. You don't know that, and it's unlikely that you'd even get proof, so all you guess does is show how you view other people, based on where they live. Bit shallow, that, isn't it?

Here you go ;-) ........

https://ach.org.uk/refugee-accommodation-housing-uk

Prove me wrong >:-) ........

Guest Ingo Sundowner
I'm also a bit peturbed by the wave of hate against immigrants. If brexiteers want to get on with the world as it is, thwy might want to turn that hate down to get a trade deal. I guess the world moved on and little.britain hasnt

Guest pelmetman
Ingo Sundowner - 2020-08-23 2:32 PM

I didn't vote to leave. So my take is to leave those brexiteers to it, their doing and their issue now. All the above is nothing compared with the s**t that's coming down the track in January

You could always leave if you don't like living in a democracy :D .......

There's still time ;-) .......

https://daystobrexit.co.uk/

Guest pelmetman
Ingo Sundowner - 2020-08-23 2:53 PM

I'm also a bit peturbed by the wave of hate against immigrants. If brexiteers want to get on with the world as it is, thwy might want to turn that hate down to get a trade deal. I guess the world moved on and little.britain hasnt

Who said they hate immigrants? :-S ..........

If your so keen for them to come ;-) ........

https://ach.org.uk/refugee-accommodation-housing-uk

Or are you just another of those Liberal Lefty Yeah But No But types? >:-) ........

But you didn't read my post of 7 August 2020 3:32 PM on the "Migrants" string, did you? Because I explained there why that appears virtually impossible under international law. 2 + 2 = ? :-D

BTW, it's the ECHR that would probably have jurisdiction, if not the International Court of Justice. ECJ has no jurisdiction in this field, member or non-member of the EU. It is not an EU matter.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-08-23 2:58 PM

But you didn't read my post of 7 August 2020 3:32 PM on the "Migrants" string, did you? Because I explained there why that appears virtually impossible under international law. 2 + 2 = ? :-D

Oh my mistake ;-) ...........

I forgot you were an expert in international law *-) ........

That must be why the Dublin agreement is working so well? (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

https://www.euractiv.com/section/justice-home-affairs/opinion/why-are-we-not-reforming-the-dublin-regulation-yet/

“Little Britain “ ooooooo ,sounds like hate to me.

pelmetman - 2020-08-23 2:51 PM

Here you go ;-) ........

https://ach.org.uk/refugee-accommodation-housing-uk Prove me wrong >:-) ........

Seems an excellent organisation to me - though why a private company needs to make the provision escapes me. What do you want to be proved wrong about? That they aren't what they seem to be?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-08-23 3:12 PM

pelmetman - 2020-08-23 2:51 PM

Here you go ;-) ........

https://ach.org.uk/refugee-accommodation-housing-uk Prove me wrong >:-) ........

Seems an excellent organisation to me - though why a private company needs to make the provision escapes me. What do you want to be proved wrong about? That they aren't what they seem to be?

So you wont be opening up your gaff to those poor refugees? ;-) .......

Perhaps this link is better? :D ........

https://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/latest/projects/helping-refugees-to-find-a-home/

They're crying out for folk like you Brian :-> ..........

Surely you could put them up in your camper in their hour of need? >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-08-23 3:05 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-23 2:58 PM

Oh my mistake ;-) ...........

I forgot you were an expert in international law *-) ........

That must be why the Dublin agreement is working so well? (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

https://www.euractiv.com/section/justice-home-affairs/opinion/why-are-we-not-reforming-the-dublin-regulation-yet/

You still haven't read it, have you? I'm not pretending to be any kind of expert, I just seek information from authentic sources, and then repeat what they say. But I understand the authors are experts.

So, if you think the experts are wrong, why not say what they have got wrong?

The Dublin regulations only apply to EU members states which, as I seem to remember various people, I think even me, pointing out to you, on several occasions, the UK no longer is. So why raise regulations that are completely irrelevant under our present circumstances. Of course Dublin needs changing, but that is no longer our problem, is it?

The UK is now subject to UN agreements, which is what the above post is about. Go on, take yer little grey cells for walk, and read the references, and then think about what they say. It is not as easy as someone (probably Fox) has been telling you. You should have checked that for yourself before you believed them, shouldn't you?

I'm also a bit peturbed by the wave of hate against immigrants. If brexiteers want to get on with the world as it is, they might want to turn that hate down to get a trade deal. I guess the world moved on and little.britain hasn't

Pretty much it in a nutshell. Here is a bonkers Little Brit Brexit man who echoes plonker Pelmet.

And just listen to the views of some on these clips.....pretty staggering and there's lots more clips.

Typically Pelmet spent half the year every year in Spain as an illegal and went out of his way jumping through hoops to scam his way as a fake 'resident'.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-08-23 3:27 PM

Of course Dublin needs changing, but that is no longer our problem, is it?

Correct ;-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-08-23 3:27 PM

The UK is now subject to UN agreements, which is what the above post is about. Go on, take yer little grey cells for walk, and read the references, and then think about what they say. It is not as easy as someone (probably Fox) has been telling you. You should have checked that for yourself before you believed them, shouldn't you?

What do you mean now?.......Is the EU not subject to them? ;-) ........

Did they not make their own rules called the Dublin agreement? >:-) ........

Anything EU can do we can do better B-) .........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.867fa1d26733906e673efae81a5f6856.jpg

Archived