Dont want to say I told you so

Barryd999

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-08-23 3:28 PM

Typically Pelmet spent half the year every year in Spain as an illegal and went out of his way jumping through hoops to scam his way as a fake 'resident'.

More libelous accusations Bullet? ;-) .........

Keep on supplying my ammunition Dumb Dumb >:-) ........

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2020-08-23 2:27 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-08-23 12:49 PM

John52 - 2020-08-23 11:58 AM

pelmetman - 2020-08-23 11:11 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-08-23 10:12 AM

pelmetman - 2020-08-23 9:05 AM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-22 8:45 AM

pelmetman - 2020-08-21 3:53 PM...........................Shipping them back next door is hardly solving the problem is it? >:-) ..........

But shipping them back next door under the Dublin regulations is far easer than trying to ship them back to their countries of origin under international law.

No country has jurisdiction outside it's own borders saving those negotiated with other countries or competent international institutions. We have fewer rights under international law than we have under the Dublin regulations.

It is a Brexiter own goal. Simples.

Shipping them back next door is pointless *-) ..........

We may as well just ship them to West Sussex ;-) .........

I reckon you'd soon change your tune then >:-) ...........

Yeah nice try but that's exactly what you argued with me and many others for years! You thought Brexit would simply allow the uk to just send them all packing back to France. Now its been proved to you that in fact Brexit will actually close that option down you now think it's a bad idea anyway sending them back. (lol) Your funny.

Interesting article here. Seems the boat people are in the main genuine refugees not chancers. They come by boat as they want to be picked up and have a good chance of being accepted. The real illegals are the ones stowing away on lorries etc and it seems many are actually from Europe, Albania.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-50813246

You forget ;-) ..........

As of midnight on the 31st December we will be able to make our own ship'em back rules B-) .........

Which the ECJ wont be able to do "F" all about >:-) ........

Are you daft enough to think that other countries will have to accept whoever we send them?

Sadly I think he is. France will just say feck off and they actually do hold all the cards. There is the Le Touquet agreement for a kick off. Before we had that in 2002 it was pretty much open season for migrants getting into the UK illegally. Piss of the French and have a guess how hard they will try to stop illegal immigrants.

It will slowly come to dawn on the Brexiteers that stand alone fortress Britain is as much a fantasy as their bat sh1t crazy no deal WTO rules theory.

The UK is incapable of forging it's own way on its own. It's way to dependent on Europe from everything to securing it's borders to medicine to flipping car bumpers.

Which bit of sending them home are you struggling to comprehend? :-S ........

France is NOT THEIR HOME *-) ........

You still don't get it do you. Firstly as had been pointed out to you its nothing to do with the ECJ and most of these refugees are from Iran or Iraq. Read the article I posted. They won't take them back and you won't be able to return them to Europe. Where do you suggest under your new fantasy rules we send them then?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-08-23 5:51 PM

pelmetman - 2020-08-21 3:53 PM...........................Shipping them back next door is hardly solving the problem is it? >:-) ..........

But shipping them back next door under the Dublin regulations is far easer than trying to ship them back to their countries of origin under international law.

No country has jurisdiction outside it's own borders saving those negotiated with other countries or competent international institutions. We have fewer rights under international law than we have under the Dublin regulations.

Yeah nice try but that's exactly what you argued with me and many others for years! You thought Brexit would simply allow the uk to just send them all packing back to France. Now its been proved to you that in fact Brexit will actually close that option down you now think it's a bad idea anyway sending them back. (lol) Your funny.

Interesting article here. Seems the boat people are in the main genuine refugees not chancers. They come by boat as they want to be picked up and have a good chance of being accepted. The real illegals are the ones stowing away on lorries etc and it seems many are actually from Europe, Albania.

As of midnight on the 31st December we will be able to make our own ship'em back rules B-) .........

Are you daft enough to think that other countries will have to accept whoever we send them?

Sadly I think he is. France will just say feck off and they actually do hold all the cards. There is the Le Touquet agreement for a kick off. Before we had that in 2002 it was pretty much open season for migrants getting into the UK illegally. Piss of the French and have a guess how hard they will try to stop illegal immigrants.

It will slowly come to dawn on the Brexiteers that stand alone fortress Britain is as much a fantasy as their bat sh1t crazy no deal WTO rules theory.

The UK is incapable of forging it's own way on its own. It's way to dependent on Europe from everything to securing it's borders to medicine to flipping car bumpers.

You still don't get it do you. Firstly as had been pointed out to you its nothing to do with the ECJ and most of these refugees are from Iran or Iraq. Read the article I posted. They won't take them back and you won't be able to return them to Europe. Where do you suggest under your new fantasy rules we send them then?

How many millions in aid do we give to Iraq? ;-) ...........

I doubt taking back a their citizens will become an issue if we turn off the aid taps >:-) ........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.5b62775447428b1d377f5e5f602fc74f.jpg

Guest pelmetman

Jockland let you back in >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2020-08-23 5:12 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-08-23 3:28 PM

Typically Pelmet spent half the year every year in Spain as an illegal and went out of his way jumping through hoops to scam his way as a fake 'resident'.

More libelous accusations Bullet? ;-) .........

Keep on supplying my ammunition Dumb Dumb >:-) ........

You bragged about it on here without realising you'd shot yourself in the foot, as usual, and ended your own FoM. (lol)

Barryd999 - 2020-08-23 5:51 PM

You're wasting your time knocking on wood. He has no answer so posts his silly cartoon. *-)

pelmetman - 2020-08-23 5:03 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-23 3:27 PM

The UK is now subject to UN agreements, which is what the above post is about. Go on, take yer little grey cells for walk, and read the references, and then think about what they say. It is not as easy as someone (probably Fox) has been telling you. You should have checked that for yourself before you believed them, shouldn't you?

1 What do you mean now?.......Is the EU not subject to them? ;-) ........

2 Did they not make their own rules called the Dublin agreement? >:-) ........

3 Anything EU can do we can do better B-) .........

1 Don't know, but you could always check. :-) I think it is the individual states that sign up to the UN Refugee Conventions. But even so, how they respond is their problem, it is your claim that the UK can just ignore them.

2 Yes, but that is an internal agreement within the overall UN Refugee Conventions framework. You still haven't read that post, have you? :-)

3 So who do you think the UK is going to negotiate the equivalent of the Dublin Regulations with? All the countries the migrants have left, so we can return them? Read the post, then you might begin to grasp what you're on about. Cloud, and cuckoo-land? :-D

malc d - 2020-08-22 8:29 PM

Violet1956 - 2020-08-22 6:44 PM

According to the UN there were 79.5 million displaced people and 26 million refugees around the world at the end of 2019.

To have a scheme that resettles all of these people in the most stable and safe countries is not feasible under the strict terms of the 1951 Refugee Convention.

It is hopelessly outdated. It is about time UNHCR came up with a modern alternative.

So the problem is how to move around 80 or 90 million people to the " most stable and safe countries " without making those countries as unstable and unsafe as the ones they left - which would achieve nothing.

Apart from climate change difficulties, the answers lie in the politics of the places they are leaving.

It takes centuries to create safe and stable countries - and my impression is that a lot of places aren't trying very hard.

:-(

The problem as I see it is not solved by moving people around at all. I agree that the answer lies in the politics of the place they are leaving. But ,and there's a big but, attempts to bring about regime change in countries such has Iraq have proved hopeless. I don't have the answer but the 1951 Refugee Convention doesn't provide one either.

pelmetman - 2020-08-23 2:54 PM

Ingo Sundowner - 2020-08-23 2:32 PM

I didn't vote to leave. So my take is to leave those brexiteers to it, their doing and their issue now. All the above is nothing compared with the s**t that's coming down the track in January

You could always leave if you don't like living in a democracy :D .......

There's still time ;-) .......

https://daystobrexit.co.uk/

I would like to live in a democracy

So how about a vote on BoJo's trade deal, now the lies have been exposed?

Guest Ingo Sundowner

Guess I will as thankfully the german consul says i can have my german passport back anytime ??

My children are already applying for residency there. I'm sure we all have got yout support in this endeavour ?? as it is quite obvious that you don't like opinions other than your own. Have fun mate, your issue now!!

Ingo Sundowner - 2020-08-23 10:37 PM

Guess I will as thankfully the german consul says i can have my german passport back anytime ??

My children are already applying for residency there. I'm sure we all have got yout support in this endeavour ?? as it is quite obvious that you don't like opinions other than your own. Have fun mate, your issue now!!

“Don’t like opinions other than your own”.........sounds just like the Eu .

pelmetman - 2020-08-23 6:04 PM

Jockland let you back in >:-) ..........

They come with no papers so you don't even know what country they came from.

They can tell you anything.

How are you going to force other country to accept them *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-08-24 6:56 AM

Give them the choice of a flight home or being locked up ;-) .........

Then give their country the choice of accepting their citizens back or lose millions in aid >:-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-08-24 8:42 AM

So they say ok lock me up

And their country of choice says bog off.

Now what?

I doubt given the choice between millions of quid and accepting their own back would result in a Bog Off ;-) ......

pelmetman - 2020-08-24 8:52 AM

jumpstart - 2020-08-24 8:42 AM

So they say ok lock me up

And their country of choice says bog off.

Now what?

I doubt given the choice between millions of quid and accepting their own back would result in a Bog Off ;-) ......

You haven’t explained how you are to find out which country they came from. Never mind ...make it up as you go along ...just like Boris.

pelmetman - 2020-08-23 3:20 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-23 3:12 PM

pelmetman - 2020-08-23 2:51 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-23 2:47 PM

pelmetman - 2020-08-23 9:00 AM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-22 12:54 PM

John52 - 2020-08-22 12:33 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-22 11:14 AM

A remaining alternative might be to simply tour the camps with free, open, air tickets to any country of their choosing outside the EU or UK, and additionally stuff their mouths with gold as an inducement to accept. Ultimately, that might be cheaper!

But that would just encourage more people to claim - a fraudsters charter like everything else BoJo has come up with :-S

Possibly, but the Brexiter's game is to send them elsewhere, not to worry whether they are morally virtuous!

It's curious that those who claim the moral high ground on here don't seem to have a migrant problem *-) ..........

I'm guessing they'd soon change their minds if migrants were dumped in their Shangri-Las >:-) .........

But you only guess that because it suits you. You don't know that, and it's unlikely that you'd even get proof, so all you guess does is show how you view other people, based on where they live. Bit shallow, that, isn't it?

Here you go ;-) ........

https://ach.org.uk/refugee-accommodation-housing-uk Prove me wrong >:-) ........

Seems an excellent organisation to me - though why a private company needs to make the provision escapes me. What do you want to be proved wrong about? That they aren't what they seem to be?

So you wont be opening up your gaff to those poor refugees? ;-) .......

Perhaps this link is better? :D ........

https://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/latest/projects/helping-refugees-to-find-a-home/

They're crying out for folk like you Brian :-> ..........

Surely you could put them up in your camper in their hour of need? >:-) ........

Your first choice is much better, because of the support facilities also on offer. Farming them out into private rents is useless. They need a lot of support to allow them to become useful economic contributors. The problem is large numbers of refugees, with complex support needs, in the midst of a housing shortage. The solution is appropriate accommodation plus the required support structures, not dossing around.

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-24 1:01 PM

A remaining alternative might be to simply tour the camps with free, open, air tickets to any country of their choosing outside the EU or UK, and additionally stuff their mouths with gold as an inducement to accept. Ultimately, that might be cheaper!

But that would just encourage more people to claim - a fraudsters charter like everything else BoJo has come up with :-S

Possibly, but the Brexiter's game is to send them elsewhere, not to worry whether they are morally virtuous!

It's curious that those who claim the moral high ground on here don't seem to have a migrant problem *-) ..........

I'm guessing they'd soon change their minds if migrants were dumped in their Shangri-Las >:-) .........

But you only guess that because it suits you. You don't know that, and it's unlikely that you'd even get proof, so all you guess does is show how you view other people, based on where they live. Bit shallow, that, isn't it?

Here you go ;-) ........

https://ach.org.uk/refugee-accommodation-housing-uk Prove me wrong >:-) ........

Seems an excellent organisation to me - though why a private company needs to make the provision escapes me. What do you want to be proved wrong about? That they aren't what they seem to be?

https://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/latest/projects/helping-refugees-to-find-a-home/

Surely you could put them up in your camper in their hour of need? >:-) ........

Your first choice is much better, because of the support facilities also on offer. Farming them out into private rents is useless. They need a lot of support to allow them to become useful economic contributors. The problem is large numbers of refugees, with complex support needs, in the midst of a housing shortage. The solution is appropriate accommodation plus the required support structures, not dossing around.

What more support can a loving home give ??? ... Go on Brian ... No excuses, show us old cynics your more than just words

malc d - 2020-08-22 8:29 PM

Violet1956 - 2020-08-22 6:44 PM

According to the UN there were 79.5 million displaced people and 26 million refugees around the world at the end of 2019.

To have a scheme that resettles all of these people in the most stable and safe countries is not feasible under the strict terms of the 1951 Refugee Convention.

It is hopelessly outdated. It is about time UNHCR came up with a modern alternative.

So the problem is how to move around 80 or 90 million people to the " most stable and safe countries " without making those countries as unstable and unsafe as the ones they left - which would achieve nothing.

Apart from climate change difficulties, the answers lie in the politics of the places they are leaving.

It takes centuries to create safe and stable countries - and my impression is that a lot of places aren't trying very hard. :-(

So there are two options.

One, to understand the reasons why those particular are not stable or safe, and to seek to help/coerce those in control to change tack to create countries that are stable and safe, in which their population with to continue living. To do that, we shall also have to find ways to increase the wealth of those countries without damaging our own economies.

Two, to accept that the particular countries cannot change, and accept the movement of those 80-90 million people with all that implies. I know which I'd choose - but then, I lake a challenge! :-D

Birdbrain - 2020-08-24 1:37 PM

Here you go ;-) ........

What more support can a loving home give ??? ... Go on Brian ... No excuses, show us old cynics your more than just words

If you leave it to the private sector to house them the people most likely to offer them homes are pimps and crooks.

Which of course is whats happening now, as long as the Government keeps turning a blind eye to the black economy.

Is this what you want?

Here you go ;-) ........

I don't think you have the remotest idea of what you're talking about Antony. Just follow Dave's first link and look at what support facilities are provided to the refugees, and then consider how any private householder, of whatever creed, political persuasion, or wealth, could possibly be equipped to cope.

This is typical of your empty, pointless, straw man arguments when confronted with something you can't/won't justify, but nevertheless want to deflect from.

The shorthand version of your own solution to the problem is to do nothing and just leave them to drown in the channel - mainly, it seems (if I understand your posts), because you assume they are all potential terrorists and that image frightens you.

pelmetman - 2020-08-24 8:38 AM

John52 - 2020-08-24 6:56 AM

Give them the choice of a flight home or being locked up ;-) .........

Then give their country the choice of accepting their citizens back or lose millions in aid >:-) ..........

Superficially attractive Dave but the countries from which these poor souls came will have the greedy b******rds who siphon off any aid to fund their Mercedes limousines and luxury compounds. Morally indefensible methinks.

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-24 3:36 PM

Here you go ;-) ........

I don't think you have the remotest idea of what you're talking about Antony. Just follow Dave's first link and look at what support facilities are provided to the refugees, and then consider how any private householder, of whatever creed, political persuasion, or wealth, could possibly be equipped to cope.

This is typical of your empty, pointless, straw man arguments when confronted with something you can't/won't justify, but nevertheless want to deflect from.

The shorthand version of your own solution to the problem is to do nothing and just leave them to drown in the channel - mainly, it seems (if I understand your posts), because you assume they are all potential terrorists and that image frightens you.

Spot on, on all three points.

Here you go ;-) ........

Chuckle ... I dont recall ever saying all the chancers were "potential terrorists" but you can I assume show where I did??? ... Your ramblings still offer no hope of accommodation for the poor darlings at your home though??? ... Leave that to places like Huddersfield eh Brian??? ... Hypocrite

Bulletguy - 2020-08-24 4:26 PM

Here you go ;-) ........

Spot on, on all three points.

Forum stalker talks

Archived