Barryd999

John52 - 2020-08-27 4:31 PM

jumpstart - 2020-08-27 12:52 PM

agricultural policy

What difference will Brexit make?

Farmers basically fall into 2 categories

1. Freeholders (rich farmers)

2 Tenants (poor farmers)

Tenant farmers are always poor, because when they start making money their landlords put the rent up

So farm subsidies go indirectly to the rich Tory landowners.

So the Tories are continuing the subsidies to 'farmers', which invariably end up in Her Majesty's Tax haven accounts of the Tory supporting £billionaire landowners.

The only difference Brexit makes is to keep Britain outside an EU wide tax treaty, so The £billionaire Tory landlords and Tory supporting 'newspaper' owners continue to avoid tax.

The point is it will change ,compared to the Eu where it will not change.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jumpstart - 2020-08-27 5:07 PM

John52 - 2020-08-27 4:31 PM

jumpstart - 2020-08-27 12:52 PM

agricultural policy

What difference will Brexit make?

Farmers basically fall into 2 categories

1. Freeholders (rich farmers)

2 Tenants (poor farmers)

Tenant farmers are always poor, because when they start making money their landlords put the rent up

So farm subsidies go indirectly to the rich Tory landowners.

So the Tories are continuing the subsidies to 'farmers', which invariably end up in Her Majesty's Tax haven accounts of the Tory supporting £billionaire landowners.

The only difference Brexit makes is to keep Britain outside an EU wide tax treaty, so The £billionaire Tory landlords and Tory supporting 'newspaper' owners continue to avoid tax.

The point is it will change ,compared to the Eu where it will not change.

I don't think you can carry on flogging this much longer J/start as most folk saw you'd been sold a pup. Any changes will never benefit the man in the street as you were led to believe, partly the point John touches on which is an undeniable fact. It's also going to cost much more to become a third country banana state than had we remained a member of the EU and those costs have already begun to emerge. We've already lost businesses and jobs which have gone to EU countries because they want to continue trading with them. It is/was our biggest trading partner so it makes perfect sense to remain there. Johnson told everyone his Brexit was "oven ready" which was yet another lie (as most of us knew).

Meanwhile here is a view from the farming community and watch the NFU clip.

https://www.countrysideonline.co.uk/hobbies-and-leisure/food-and-cooking/what-will-a-no-deal-brexit-mean-for-the-future-of-british-farming/

It’s an alternative view to just sticking your head in the sand and saying it’s all lovely in here.

I don’t want a no deal and that wasn’t what was on the original agenda.

Trade with Europe is what we all want.

I don’t want what the Eu wants for us .

The thing about pups is that they grow. The Eu is a parrot nailed to its perch.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-08-27 4:34 PM

pelmetman - 2020-08-27 4:23 PM

John52 - 2020-08-27 4:20 PM

747 - 2020-08-27 3:38 PM

I fully agree that Remainers are true Patriots ...

... given that Patriotism is the last resort of the scoundrel. :D

You failed to see the difference between patriots and those who latch on to patriotism.

On the evening of 7 April 1775, (Samuel Johnson) made the famous statement, "Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel."[8] This line was not, as is widely believed, about patriotism in general, but the false use of the term "patriotism" by William Pitt, 1st Earl of Chatham (the patriot-minister) and his supporters. Johnson opposed "self-professed patriots" in general, but valued what he considered "true" self-professed patriotism.[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_views_of_Samuel_Johnson

That's me ;-) ...........

A true self-professed patriot B-) ........

Its true that you profess yourself to be a patriot.

Do you NOT profess to be a Scottish patriot? ;-) ........

OR IS THAT DIFFERENT? >:-) ........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.b239a3cce2cf0a3a3bdebb239f5514ec.jpg

Barryd999 - 2020-08-27 8:58 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-26 7:10 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-08-26 7:03 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-26 5:22 PM

Chuckle ... The hater patriots are now 'bigging up' Mad Merkel ... Lordy My Boss ... Mind I'll always be thankful to her ... Her and her mad invitation to the worlds chancers are the reason the Afd are the fastest growing political movement in Germany ... Gotta love em

Hmm maybe but at least she hasnt killed 60000+ of her own citizens due to incompetent leadership and dragged us towards a cliff edge no deal diasterous Brexit at the same time. are you seriously saying you would rather have a leader like Johnson instead of one like Merkel? Lordy indeed!

Thats a big claim even for you ... "60000+" UK citizens killed by Boris due to "incompetent leadership" ... Suppose its pointless asking for you to back up your BFN ???

Well the true figures are probably well north of 60000 now and even if you agree with the government figures they are still many times that of Germany. You would have to have something seriously wrong with you to think our government has actually done a good job with anything let along covid since Johnson was appointed. More U turns than Pelmet has drank bottles of Blue Nun and now they are trying to pass the buck wherever they can with the latest being dismantling Public Health England right in the middle of a Pandemic.

They are at their most dangerous now as they are desperately running around trying to shift blame.

You don't need evidence from me you just have to open your eyes and admit they are the worst government and PM of all time.

You have to ask yourself right now moving forward where would you feel safest and better off. Germany under Merkel or the UK under our serial liar and moron in chief Johnson?

Chuckle ... "well north of 60.000 now" ... Proof ??? ... Also the fella who's an activist, campaigner, voter and defender of Corbyns Labour Party saying the current Government is "the worst government and PM of all time" means zip ... BFN

John52 - 2020-08-27 9:01 AM

Mad Merkel ..

Typically you resort to name calling.

But, as she says, you can't fight Covid 19 by personal insults and name calling.

The Covid virus is completely indifferent to your personal insults and name calling.

It just carries on regardless.

"Typically you resort to name calling" while conveniently forgetting you call a valued member on here "mad hatter" ... Hypocrisy lives

jumpstart - 2020-08-27 6:07 PM

It’s an alternative view to just sticking your head in the sand and saying it’s all lovely in here.

Nobody that voted to remain did as they were already aware of what we had and of course we still had a seat at the table. Leave voters wanted out but had no exit plan in place at all other than being taken to those sunlit uplands. All those vacuous silly soundbites quickly wore out as it became apparent none of you were going to get what you voted for and you yourself now say you don't want a 'no deal', and yes you are right, it was not on the ballot paper just as many more things weren't. In fact apart from blue passports i cannot think of anything you've got.....yet another bit of nonsense you were drip fed into believing that nasty EU who forced poor little UK into having burgundy when all along truth was we'd been perfectly free to retain the blue. We just hadn't bothered. Surely you must have realised the Leave campaign was backed by people with vested interests in a 'no deal' exit? Why else do you think Johnson is now PM?

If you watched that little clip on the NFU link i posted you will see how 'no deal' will decimate the farm industry in UK, but will make some already very wealthy people extremely rich. Those people don't care about you, they care only about themselves and their bank balance. You say "trade with Europe is what we all want".....we already had it with excellent fta's and JIT arrangements in place but Brexit binned that hence the reason production companies upped and left UK.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-08-27 7:32 PM

Nobody that voted to remain did as they were already aware of what we had and of course we still had a seat at the table.

Yeah a seat at the Fourth Riech's table where we were expected to pick up the tab *-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-08-27 7:53 PM

Nobody that voted to remain did as they were already aware of what we had and of course we still had a seat at the table.

Yeah a seat at the Fourth Riech's table where we were expected to pick up the tab *-) .........

As did everyone else. That's your trouble.....you want club benefits but expect everything for free. Easy to see why you were a state scrounger taking money you "didn't really need".

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-08-27 8:55 PM

As did everyone else. That's your trouble.....you want club benefits but expect everything for free. Easy to see why you were a state scrounger taking money you "didn't really need".

Incorrect *-) ........

We want a Common Market LIKE Canada :-| .......

LIKE WE WERE TOLD we were getting back in 1975 >:-) .........

We could have been where Germany is now.

But British leadership has made us economically far weaker than Germany.

Don't let them tell you thats the fault of the EU.

John52 - 2020-08-28 5:27 AM

We could have been where Germany is now.

But British leadership has made us economically far weaker than Germany.

Don't let them tell you thats the fault of the EU.

Germany is where it is now because the uk and Americans rebuilt their destroyed industry after WWW2.

It’s not a competition,we don’t have to be “ stronger” than Germany.

Birdbrain - 2020-08-27 6:53 PM

Chuckle ... The hater patriots are now 'bigging up' Mad Merkel ... Lordy My Boss ... Mind I'll always be thankful to her ... Her and her mad invitation to the worlds chancers are the reason the Afd are the fastest growing political movement in Germany ... Gotta love em

Hmm maybe but at least she hasnt killed 60000+ of her own citizens due to incompetent leadership and dragged us towards a cliff edge no deal diasterous Brexit at the same time. are you seriously saying you would rather have a leader like Johnson instead of one like Merkel? Lordy indeed!

Thats a big claim even for you ... "60000+" UK citizens killed by Boris due to "incompetent leadership" ... Suppose its pointless asking for you to back up your BFN ???

Well the true figures are probably well north of 60000 now and even if you agree with the government figures they are still many times that of Germany. You would have to have something seriously wrong with you to think our government has actually done a good job with anything let along covid since Johnson was appointed. More U turns than Pelmet has drank bottles of Blue Nun and now they are trying to pass the buck wherever they can with the latest being dismantling Public Health England right in the middle of a Pandemic.

They are at their most dangerous now as they are desperately running around trying to shift blame.

You don't need evidence from me you just have to open your eyes and admit they are the worst government and PM of all time.

You have to ask yourself right now moving forward where would you feel safest and better off. Germany under Merkel or the UK under our serial liar and moron in chief Johnson?

Chuckle ... "well north of 60.000 now" ... Proof ??? ... Also the fella who's an activist, campaigner, voter and defender of Corbyns Labour Party saying the current Government is "the worst government and PM of all time" means zip ... BFN

Try this then. https://www.ft.com/content/4a91a414-4937-4c54-aa78-6d231f4a4e43

As I have said before there was never a chance of Corbyn getting in on his own but I guess we will never know how a coalition government would have handled covid but I would hazard a guess whoever was in charge would not have sat on their hands for weeks mumbling stuff about take it on the chin and shaking hands in hospitals spaffing away our head start which ultimately led to 63000 deaths (that was May).

I think we would have faired better had the Muppets been in number 10 although I guess they kind of were / are.

Stop defending them, it just looks daft.

Of course Brexit was just way too important for many hence the title of this thread. If you were a true patriot how could you now still want it and how could you support an utter imbecile such as Johnson?

Barryd999 - 2020-08-28 9:45 AM

could you support an utter imbecile such as Johnson?

Expect the usual changing the subject and name calling

So I'll answer it for him

They support BoJo because they have been brainwashed by the Tory press, who support BoJo because his Brexit will stop an EU wide tax treaty getting into Her Majesty's Tax Havens and making the £billionaire 'newspaper' owners pay tax.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/jul/03/land-reform-brute-power-billionaire-press-attacks

How can anyone believe that sh*te?

I dunno

Maybe because its reinforcing their prejudice and telling them what they want to hear?

As I have said before there was never a chance of Corbyn getting in on his own but I guess we will never know how a coalition government would have handled covid but I would hazard a guess whoever was in charge would not have sat on their hands for weeks mumbling stuff about take it on the chin and shaking hands in hospitals spaffing away our head start which ultimately led to 63000 deaths (that was May).

I think we would have faired better had the Muppets been in number 10 although I guess they kind of were / are.

Of course Brexit was just way too important for many hence the title of this thread. If you were a true patriot how could you now still want it and how could you support an utter imbecile such as Johnson?

I dont subscribe to the FT ... How do you get to 63000 when the official figure is 41000 BFN ??? ... As for looking daft you said "Labour would be in Government before Brexit even with a monkey in charge" ... Your words not mine, no mention of a coalition and your other guff just that Labour and Mr Corbyn would be in Government and you say I look daft ... BFN

John52 - 2020-08-27 7:27 PM

OK I shouldn't say Mad Hatter

I was trying to talk in his language.

Thats the trouble with arguing with an idiot

as they say

He brings you down to his level, and then beats you with experience :-S

Chuckle ... Thats a downside to the search facility on here for you ... It shows up your name calling hypocrisy ... Hate and hypocrite on

pelmetman - 2020-08-27 9:00 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-08-27 8:55 PM

Incorrect *-) ........

We want a Common Market LIKE Canada :-| .......

LIKE WE WERE TOLD we were getting back in 1975 >:-) .........

You were not told that at all. In fact Canada only signed their CETA agreement four years ago! And don't even think of attempting some goal post shifting claiming it's what you voted for as it didn't even exist! Also with CETA tariffs still remain on meat, poultry and eggs so you've shot that one in the foot too.

As i said before, you want club benefits but expect it all for free. We once had a seat at the table, now we don't so get over yourself and accept every cock up is down to your chosen government and leaders inept handling. Blame lies firmly at your door so get delivering and taking responsibility for what you voted for.

Birdbrain - 2020-08-28 2:15 PM

I dont subscribe to the FT ... How do you get to 63000 when the official figure is 41000 BFN ??? ... As for looking daft you said "Labour would be in Government before Brexit even with a monkey in charge" ... Your words not mine, no mention of a coalition and your other guff just that Labour and Mr Corbyn would be in Government and you say I look daft ... BFN

Try the guardian then based on the same ons figures https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/society/2020/jun/09/excess-deaths-in-uk-under-coronavirus-lockdown-pass-63000

I don't believe I said any of that regarding the last election where the objective was a coalition to bring about a none Tory government.

Pity it failed as your now have 63000 people dead as a result of Johnsons incompetency and a total not oven ready no deal brexit probably right at the same time as a second winter wave of covid.

Barryd999 - 2020-08-28 6:49 PM

Try the guardian then based on the same ons figures https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/society/2020/jun/09/excess-deaths-in-uk-under-coronavirus-lockdown-pass-63000

I don't believe I said any of that regarding the last election where the objective was a coalition to bring about a none Tory government.

Pity it failed as your now have 63000 people dead as a result of Johnsons incompetency and a total not oven ready no deal brexit probably right at the same time as a second winter wave of covid.

Chuckle ... 9th June that Barry Fake News ... Try again with something a bit more recent ... As for what you said at the last election I am sure you 'dont believe" now anything you said, a bit like "no deal is dead" ... Hate on chunky

Birdbrain - 2020-08-28 7:01 PM

Chuckle ... 9th June that Barry Fake News ... Try again with something a bit more recent ... As for what you said at the last election I am sure you 'dont believe" now anything you said, a bit like "no deal is dead" ... Hate on chunky

I think I mentioned further up the thread those figures were may/June so maybe they are less now then. Perhaps thousands have come back to life eh?

Maybe you should quote what I said about Corbyn as I certainly never said he would be in power by Christmas 2019. There was never any question of him winning a majority. I never wanted him to win a majority.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-08-29 7:19 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-28 7:01 PM

I think I mentioned further up the thread those figures were may/June so maybe they are less now then. Perhaps thousands have come back to life eh?

Maybe you should quote what I said about Corbyn as I certainly never said he would be in power by Christmas 2019. There was never any question of him winning a majority. I never wanted him to win a majority.

"I never wanted him to win a majority." 8-) ........

BFN........and now BBP....... Barry Back Pedaling :D .........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.3be4142e3ead2f2309e7b2b297c0d649.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-08-29 9:27 AM

But you forget there is an alternative to just Conservative or Labour government. That is when neither has an overall majority and the balance of power is held by the other parties. That is when the largest or second largest party has to enter a coalition with sufficient of the other parties to gain an overall majority, or has to try to form a minority government and negotiate support from the others for its proposals on an issue by issue basis. That's my ideal.

Keep the loony extremists' greasy little fingers off the levers of power, and introduce a bit of proper parliamentary democracy! :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-08-29 9:49 AM

pelmetman - 2020-08-29 9:27 AM

But you forget there is an alternative to just Conservative or Labour government. That is when neither has an overall majority and the balance of power is held by the other parties. That is when the largest or second largest party has to enter a coalition with sufficient of the other parties to gain an overall majority, or has to try to form a minority government and negotiate support from the others for its proposals on an issue by issue basis. That's my ideal.

Keep the loony extremists' greasy little fingers off the levers of power, and introduce a bit of proper parliamentary democracy! :-D

Joe public has had recent experience of coalition government ;-) ...........

That's why Boris got a 80 seat majority B-) .........

To stop You Democracy Deniers >:-) ..........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.3d651088dd1011a6b89a65b685010750.jpg

Archived