Remainers are the true Patriots

Barryd999

pelmetman - 2020-08-29 9:55 AM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-29 9:49 AM

pelmetman - 2020-08-29 9:27 AM
Barryd999 - 2020-08-29 7:19 AM

I think I mentioned further up the thread those figures were may/June so maybe they are less now then. Perhaps thousands have come back to life eh?

Maybe you should quote what I said about Corbyn as I certainly never said he would be in power by Christmas 2019. There was never any question of him winning a majority. I never wanted him to win a majority.

"I never wanted him to win a majority." 8-) ........

BFN........and now BBP....... Barry Back Pedaling :D .........

But you forget there is an alternative to just Conservative or Labour government. That is when neither has an overall majority and the balance of power is held by the other parties. That is when the largest or second largest party has to enter a coalition with sufficient of the other parties to gain an overall majority, or has to try to form a minority government and negotiate support from the others for its proposals on an issue by issue basis. That's my ideal.

Keep the loony extremists' greasy little fingers off the levers of power, and introduce a bit of proper parliamentary democracy! :-D

Joe public has had recent experience of coalition government ;-) ...........

That's why Boris got a 80 seat majority B-) .........

To stop You Democracy Deniers >:-) ..........

And how's that worked out then.

Brian is spot on.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I mentioned further up the thread those figures were may/June so maybe they are less now then. Perhaps thousands have come back to life eh?

Maybe you should quote what I said about Corbyn as I certainly never said he would be in power by Christmas 2019. There was never any question of him winning a majority. I never wanted him to win a majority.

But you forget there is an alternative to just Conservative or Labour government. That is when neither has an overall majority and the balance of power is held by the other parties. That is when the largest or second largest party has to enter a coalition with sufficient of the other parties to gain an overall majority, or has to try to form a minority government and negotiate support from the others for its proposals on an issue by issue basis. That's my ideal.

Keep the loony extremists' greasy little fingers off the levers of power, and introduce a bit of proper parliamentary democracy! :-D

Not worked so well for Italy over the last 20 years.

Who can forget? First of all your lot hopped into bed with those you call 'Loser Liberals', then squandered a billion quid of taxpayers money to bribe a terrorist backed party to stay in government.......only for Johnson to later lie about borders which is going to kick off.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/dup-conservatives-northern-ireland-coalition-ulster-defence-association-paramilitaries-peace-process-a7782631.html

And what could be more democratic than a parliament that reflects the range of views held by the electorate?

On a 68% turnout

the Conservatives got 56.15% of the seats and 43.60% of the votes, representing 30.34% of the electorate.

Labour got 31.08% of the seats and 32.20% of the votes, representing 22.31% of the electorate

The SNP got 7.38% of the seats and 3.90% of the votes, representing 2.70% of the electorate

LD got 1.69% of the seats and 11.60% of the votes, representing 8.03% of the electorate

DUP got 1.23% of the seats and 0.80% of the votes, representing 0.53% of the electorate

SF got 1.08% of the seats and 0.60% of the votes, representing 0.40% of the electorate

PC got 0.62% of the seats and 0.50% of the votes, representing 0.33% of the electorate

SDLP got 0.31% of the seats and 0.40% of the votes, representing 0.26% of the electorate

Green got 0.15% of the seats and 2.70% of the votes, representing 1.82% of the electorate

Alliance got 0.15% of the seats and 0.40% of the votes, representing 0.29% of the electorate

And you call that democratic? Some democracy!

Birdbrain - 2020-08-28 2:15 PM

I dont subscribe to the FT ... How do you get to 63000 when the official figure is 41000 BFN ??? ... .. BFN

Coronovirus subjects in the FT are not paywalled

The genuine newspapers gave up on BoJo's statistics long ago - last I heard he was only counting the verified covid deaths in hospital and ignoring all the others.

They calculate the excess deaths to get nearer the truth - thats the total number of deaths this year, minus the average over previous years.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-08-29 10:43 AM

And how's that worked out then.

Brian is spot on.

Only in your LOSER world :D .......

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-08-29 3:32 PM

And what could be more democratic than a parliament that reflects the range of views held by the electorate?

On a 68% turnout

the Conservatives got 56.15% of the seats and 43.60% of the votes, representing 30.34% of the electorate.

Labour got 31.08% of the seats and 32.20% of the votes, representing 22.31% of the electorate

The SNP got 7.38% of the seats and 3.90% of the votes, representing 2.70% of the electorate

LD got 1.69% of the seats and 11.60% of the votes, representing 8.03% of the electorate

DUP got 1.23% of the seats and 0.80% of the votes, representing 0.53% of the electorate

SF got 1.08% of the seats and 0.60% of the votes, representing 0.40% of the electorate

PC got 0.62% of the seats and 0.50% of the votes, representing 0.33% of the electorate

SDLP got 0.31% of the seats and 0.40% of the votes, representing 0.26% of the electorate

Green got 0.15% of the seats and 2.70% of the votes, representing 1.82% of the electorate

Alliance got 0.15% of the seats and 0.40% of the votes, representing 0.29% of the electorate

And you call that democratic? Some democracy!

Thanks for the above ;-) .......

That is why I voted to leave the EU >:-) ......

Because it was X by 27 other fecking countries 8-) ........

Birdbrain - 2020-08-28 7:01 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-08-28 6:49 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-08-28 9:45 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-27 6:53 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-08-27 8:58 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-26 7:10 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-08-26 7:03 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-26 5:22 PM

Chuckle ... The hater patriots are now 'bigging up' Mad Merkel ... Lordy My Boss ... Mind I'll always be thankful to her ... Her and her mad invitation to the worlds chancers are the reason the Afd are the fastest growing political movement in Germany ... Gotta love em

Hmm maybe but at least she hasnt killed 60000+ of her own citizens due to incompetent leadership and dragged us towards a cliff edge no deal diasterous Brexit at the same time. are you seriously saying you would rather have a leader like Johnson instead of one like Merkel? Lordy indeed!

Thats a big claim even for you ... "60000+" UK citizens killed by Boris due to "incompetent leadership" ... Suppose its pointless asking for you to back up your BFN ???

Well the true figures are probably well north of 60000 now and even if you agree with the government figures they are still many times that of Germany. You would have to have something seriously wrong with you to think our government has actually done a good job with anything let along covid since Johnson was appointed. More U turns than Pelmet has drank bottles of Blue Nun and now they are trying to pass the buck wherever they can with the latest being dismantling Public Health England right in the middle of a Pandemic.

They are at their most dangerous now as they are desperately running around trying to shift blame.

You don't need evidence from me you just have to open your eyes and admit they are the worst government and PM of all time.

You have to ask yourself right now moving forward where would you feel safest and better off. Germany under Merkel or the UK under our serial liar and moron in chief Johnson?

Chuckle ... "well north of 60.000 now" ... Proof ??? ... Also the fella who's an activist, campaigner, voter and defender of Corbyns Labour Party saying the current Government is "the worst government and PM of all time" means zip ... BFN

Try this then. https://www.ft.com/content/4a91a414-4937-4c54-aa78-6d231f4a4e43

As I have said before there was never a chance of Corbyn getting in on his own but I guess we will never know how a coalition government would have handled covid but I would hazard a guess whoever was in charge would not have sat on their hands for weeks mumbling stuff about take it on the chin and shaking hands in hospitals spaffing away our head start which ultimately led to 63000 deaths (that was May).

I think we would have faired better had the Muppets been in number 10 although I guess they kind of were / are.

Stop defending them, it just looks daft.

Of course Brexit was just way too important for many hence the title of this thread. If you were a true patriot how could you now still want it and how could you support an utter imbecile such as Johnson?

I dont subscribe to the FT ... How do you get to 63000 when the official figure is 41000 BFN ??? ... As for looking daft you said "Labour would be in Government before Brexit even with a monkey in charge" ... Your words not mine, no mention of a coalition and your other guff just that Labour and Mr Corbyn would be in Government and you say I look daft ... BFN

Try the guardian then based on the same ons figures https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/society/2020/jun/09/excess-deaths-in-uk-under-coronavirus-lockdown-pass-63000

I don't believe I said any of that regarding the last election where the objective was a coalition to bring about a none Tory government.

Pity it failed as your now have 63000 people dead as a result of Johnsons incompetency and a total not oven ready no deal brexit probably right at the same time as a second winter wave of covid.

Chuckle ... 9th June that Barry Fake News ... Try again with something a bit more recent ... As for what you said at the last election I am sure you 'dont believe" now anything you said, a bit like "no deal is dead" ... Hate on chunky

Thats right throughout all your preaching regarding Labour I remember all the times you mentioned you never wanted him to win a majority ... BFN ... Presume while out on the campaign trail you told those you hoped to convert your thoughts ??? ... Donut

Birdbrain - 2020-08-30 7:13 AM

Chuckle ... The hater patriots are now 'bigging up' Mad Merkel ... Lordy My Boss ... Mind I'll always be thankful to her ... Her and her mad invitation to the worlds chancers are the reason the Afd are the fastest growing political movement in Germany ... Gotta love em

Hmm maybe but at least she hasnt killed 60000+ of her own citizens due to incompetent leadership and dragged us towards a cliff edge no deal diasterous Brexit at the same time. are you seriously saying you would rather have a leader like Johnson instead of one like Merkel? Lordy indeed!

Thats a big claim even for you ... "60000+" UK citizens killed by Boris due to "incompetent leadership" ... Suppose its pointless asking for you to back up your BFN ???

Well the true figures are probably well north of 60000 now and even if you agree with the government figures they are still many times that of Germany. You would have to have something seriously wrong with you to think our government has actually done a good job with anything let along covid since Johnson was appointed. More U turns than Pelmet has drank bottles of Blue Nun and now they are trying to pass the buck wherever they can with the latest being dismantling Public Health England right in the middle of a Pandemic.

They are at their most dangerous now as they are desperately running around trying to shift blame.

You don't need evidence from me you just have to open your eyes and admit they are the worst government and PM of all time.

You have to ask yourself right now moving forward where would you feel safest and better off. Germany under Merkel or the UK under our serial liar and moron in chief Johnson?

Chuckle ... "well north of 60.000 now" ... Proof ??? ... Also the fella who's an activist, campaigner, voter and defender of Corbyns Labour Party saying the current Government is "the worst government and PM of all time" means zip ... BFN

As I have said before there was never a chance of Corbyn getting in on his own but I guess we will never know how a coalition government would have handled covid but I would hazard a guess whoever was in charge would not have sat on their hands for weeks mumbling stuff about take it on the chin and shaking hands in hospitals spaffing away our head start which ultimately led to 63000 deaths (that was May).

I think we would have faired better had the Muppets been in number 10 although I guess they kind of were / are.

Of course Brexit was just way too important for many hence the title of this thread. If you were a true patriot how could you now still want it and how could you support an utter imbecile such as Johnson?

I dont subscribe to the FT ... How do you get to 63000 when the official figure is 41000 BFN ??? ... As for looking daft you said "Labour would be in Government before Brexit even with a monkey in charge" ... Your words not mine, no mention of a coalition and your other guff just that Labour and Mr Corbyn would be in Government and you say I look daft ... BFN

Try the guardian then based on the same ons figures https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/society/2020/jun/09/excess-deaths-in-uk-under-coronavirus-lockdown-pass-63000

I don't believe I said any of that regarding the last election where the objective was a coalition to bring about a none Tory government.

Pity it failed as your now have 63000 people dead as a result of Johnsons incompetency and a total not oven ready no deal brexit probably right at the same time as a second winter wave of covid.

Chuckle ... 9th June that Barry Fake News ... Try again with something a bit more recent ... As for what you said at the last election I am sure you 'dont believe" now anything you said, a bit like "no deal is dead" ... Hate on chunky

Thats right throughout all your preaching regarding Labour I remember all the times you mentioned you never wanted him to win a majority ... BFN ... Presume while out on the campaign trail you told those you hoped to convert your thoughts ??? ... Donut

Preaching regarding Labour? You must enlighten me on that one. Even Tony Blair stated he didnt want Corbyn to win a majority. Not many of us remainers did we just campaigned for anyone that might beat a Tory knowing at best we would get a coalition. You know that though as I told you exactly that many times. Maybe you still think its funny to try and label me as some kind of screaming lefty Corbyn fan which is fine if you find it amusing. I still dont know WTF BFN means by the way. "Bazzas Feckin Nice"? "Big fat nob"? (lol)

Barryd999 - 2020-08-30 8:06 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-30 7:13 AM

Preaching regarding Labour? You must enlighten me on that one. Even Tony Blair stated he didnt want Corbyn to win a majority. Not many of us remainers did we just campaigned for anyone that might beat a Tory knowing at best we would get a coalition. You know that though as I told you exactly that many times. Maybe you still think its funny to try and label me as some kind of screaming lefty Corbyn fan which is fine if you find it amusing. I still dont know WTF BFN means by the way. "Bazzas Feckin Nice"? "Big fat nob"? (lol)

"Even Tony Blair" ... Jeez you sure is losing the plot when you have to fall back on Tony and use him as your get out of jail card ...If your famous "Labour will be in Government before Brexit" isnt "preaching" then I dont know what is ... BFN, is bye for now ... Or more fitting for yaself barry fake news ... Hate on

John52 - 2020-08-31 9:33 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-08-31 8:58 AM

Quote of the day (lol)

Yes, but I have to agree with the comments below that its a slur on Whitley Bay.

I hear Weymouth has gone downhill lately, how about there :D

House prices down 100% in Weymouth I gather. Feckin Gypos moved in. Blue Nun sales at Bargain Booze gone through the roof though.

Not been to Whitley Bay for decades. The song Tunnel of Love by Dire Straits is all about Whitley Bay. "Like a Spanish City to me" refers to the fairground. I remember going there on a school trip when I was about 14, drinking a s**t load of cider and smoking my first fag and being high as a kite on the dodgems.

Barryd999 - 2020-08-31 11:53 AM

Quote of the day (lol)

Yes, but I have to agree with the comments below that its a slur on Whitley Bay.

House prices down 100% in Weymouth I gather. Feckin Gypos moved in. Blue Nun sales at Bargain Booze gone through the roof though.

Not been to Whitley Bay for decades. The song Tunnel of Love by Dire Straits is all about Whitley Bay. "Like a Spanish City to me" refers to the fairground. I remember going there on a school trip when I was about 14, drinking a s**t load of cider and smoking my first fag and being high as a kite on the dodgems.

Youve stayed "high as a kite" ever since in La-la Land

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2020-08-31 11:55 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-08-31 11:53 AM

Quote of the day (lol)

Youve stayed "high as a kite" ever since in La-la Land

Barry would fit in well down Souf in the season ;-) .......

Fat white blokes going pink are de rigueur down here >:-) .........

Archived