Filler Cap On Autotrail VLine

Grumpyman

The section of the filler that the cap clips onto is only a push fit into the main body of the filler and can come loose and turn so try very gently prising the cap out of the body section, maybe with two thin bladed screwdrivers on opposite sides.

A forum member posted a couple of months ago where this section actually came out with the filler cap and he could not refit the cap hence why I know.

Keith.

Hi Yes,

That was me, the inner part that locks the cap in is held by friction and came out with a part that I use to hold the water filler hose while I am at the tap, I didn't realise this until I tried to put the cap back and had no idea what was missing (I have only had vans with the same type of filler cap for 40 + years)

I was going down the road of paying someone to replace the whole cap until I asked on here for advice and I figure that advice saved me about £70.00.

So yes, as suggested above two small flat screwdrivers either side and gently prize it out (should come out with the male part attached.

It was suggested that I would need some screw grip when I put it back in but in my case the friction is more than enough for it to hold.

Pete

Archived