What Time Will The ...

Birdbrain

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Birdbrain - 2021-01-03 7:14 PM

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-03 6:03 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-03 1:34 PM.............................Aaaah ... Right ... So all those promised delays and shortages were/are going to happen during the busy summer months or sumat ??? ... Give us a clue will ya and then I can stock up with grub and you lot can get ya depression tablets stocked up

Summer, who mentioned summer? Use your nous, the same as everyone else has to. You voted for it.

Errrr ... I mentioned summer ... Summer I presume is the busy months so I presume thats when your delays and guff is guna start ??? Is it earlier, later ??? You guys are the experts, you guys are the ones who claimed this, that and t'other ... Do tell

Experts? More hyperbole! :-D I just read, watch, and listen. It has been reported widely that the period immediately following Christmas/New Year sees less cross-channel goods traffic than the norm. The traffic is expected to resume normal levels as we go through January. So, as I said, just give it three months - which doesn't get us to summer - and then see how it's working.

News at lunchtime reported from Dover port. All going ok but they are as said just waving everything through but and this is important, the amount of freight is just 10% of what it normally is. 2% so far are having issues with the wrong paperwork etc. Thats pretty good actually but what effect it might have once at full capacity remains to be seen.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-04 2:40 PM

News at lunchtime reported from Dover port. All going ok but they are as said just waving everything through but and this is important, the amount of freight is just 10% of what it normally is. 2% so far are having issues with the wrong paperwork etc. Thats pretty good actually but what effect it might have once at full capacity remains to be seen.

Ciaran the courier driver posted about the new Rosslare - Dunkirk route operated by DFDS with the first ferry docking. Looks like it will prove a godsend for truckers who celebrated as they drove off the ferry flying French, Irish and EU flags in appreciation!

Birdbrain - 2021-01-04 3:28 PM

Not seen any IRA terrorist attack news ... Not seen any food shortages news ... Not seen any medical supply shortages news ... Sumats gone seriously wrong ... The squad are never wrong

Hmm. Oddly I have not seen any sunlit uplands or Unicorns either. Whats going on?

Barryd999 - 2021-01-04 4:05 PM

Not seen any IRA terrorist attack news ... Not seen any food shortages news ... Not seen any medical supply shortages news ... Sumats gone seriously wrong ... The squad are never wrong

Hmm. Oddly I have not seen any sunlit uplands or Unicorns either. Whats going on?

Liar. You posted photos of your Wife posing in sunlit uplands in Upper Teesdale just yesterday. :-D

You promised those n'all dint ya Septic ... C'mon man up whens all ya predictions guna start kicking in

Birdbrain - 2021-01-04 4:55 PM

You promised those n'all dint ya Septic ... C'mon man up whens all ya predictions guna start kicking in

I promised the sunlit uplands and Unicorns? (lol)

I dont know when or if the predictions of chaos will kick in. Most of them as said were based on Johnson pulling up the drawbridge without a deal as I keep saying. I dont want there to be chaos of course, its the last thing we need but its early days innit? Dover freight is only at 10% but if the plan is to just carry on as normal until July then maybe there wont be a problem incoming at least.

I suspect Johnsons deal will just be the death of a thousand cuts rather than an immediate hammer blow to the head. A lot of business has already packed up and left for the EU. A slow trickle of Jobs lost due to Brexit over the past five years will continue (I think its nearly half a million now) but most of it will just get blamed on Covid now no doubt.

I dont see any Sunlit Uplands coming though. In fact I dont see anything positive so far from what can only be described so far as a "meh" Brexit.

747 - 2021-01-04 4:09 PM

Liar. You posted photos of your Wife posing in sunlit uplands in Upper Teesdale just yesterday. :-D

That was the Independent state of European North Yorkshire Dales.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-04 5:39 PM

I dont know when or if the predictions of chaos will kick in. Most of them as said were based on Johnson pulling up the drawbridge without a deal as I keep saying. I dont want there to be chaos of course, its the last thing we need but its early days innit? Dover freight is only at 10% but if the plan is to just carry on as normal until July then maybe there wont be a problem incoming at least.

I suspect Johnsons deal will just be the death of a thousand cuts rather than an immediate hammer blow to the head. A lot of business has already packed up and left for the EU. A slow trickle of Jobs lost due to Brexit over the past five years will continue (I think its nearly half a million now) but most of it will just get blamed on Covid now no doubt.

I dont see any Sunlit Uplands coming though. In fact I dont see anything positive so far from what can only be described so far as a "meh" Brexit.

"I dont know when or if the predictions of chaos will kick in" ... Chuckle ... Double chuckle ... That isnt what you were saying before princess

Birdbrain - 2021-01-04 7:16 PM

"I dont know when or if the predictions of chaos will kick in" ... Chuckle ... Double chuckle ... That isnt what you were saying before princess

If you remember (again) that was if we left with no deal. As it turns out we left with Oven ready Brexit deal 1 the WA (Heavily in the EU's favour) and then a manky trade deal on top so all that has been avoided to some extent. I guess we will have to wait a bit longer and see just who was right or wrong as regards the longer outcome of Brexit.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-04 10:33 PM

If you remember (again) that was if we left with no deal. As it turns out we left with Oven ready Brexit deal 1 the WA (Heavily in the EU's favour) and then a manky trade deal on top so all that has been avoided to some extent. I guess we will have to wait a bit longer and see just who was right or wrong as regards the longer outcome of Brexit.

Aaaah ... So all the scare doom stories depended on just a no deal end game scenario ... Got ya ... Dont recall you and the sisters saying all your predictions depended just on that no deal though ... If thats the case though and no deal was just the big issue why are you and sister Brian now saying give it time and time will reveal all and we will see all you predicted ???

Birdbrain - 2021-01-05 6:27 AM

Aaaah ... So all the scare doom stories depended on just a no deal end game scenario ... Got ya ... Dont recall you and the sisters saying all your predictions depended just on that no deal though ... If thats the case though and no deal was just the big issue why are you and sister Brian now saying give it time and time will reveal all and we will see all you predicted ???

If you look back through any of my posts I think you will find I called it the death of a thousand cuts if we left with a deal long before we knew what that deal might be. That is what it will be. We will survive but will be worse off in almost every respect. What we have is a deal that please very few people. Its a good deal for the EU in more respects that it is for us but only in the sense that its slightly less damaging for them than us. So far all I have seen is EU traders just closing up shop selling some goods to the UK because of the new collection of VAT at source rules, UK Fishermen sold down the river, EU Financial share trading transferring itself to the EU away from London, stuff like that. "Small cuts". Ive yet to see a positive come out of it all. Perhaps you have?

Barryd999 - 2021-01-05 10:09 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-05 6:27 AM

If you look back through any of my posts I think you will find I called it the death of a thousand cuts if we left with a deal long before we knew what that deal might be. That is what it will be. We will survive but will be worse off in almost every respect. What we have is a deal that please very few people. Its a good deal for the EU in more respects that it is for us but only in the sense that its slightly less damaging for them than us. So far all I have seen is EU traders just closing up shop selling some goods to the UK because of the new collection of VAT at source rules, UK Fishermen sold down the river, EU Financial share trading transferring itself to the EU away from London, stuff like that. "Small cuts". Ive yet to see a positive come out of it all. Perhaps you have?

A lot of hot air there Septic ... Still no food shortages today ... No medical shortages ... No port delays ... No IRA terrorism and what happened to the shortage in crop pickers this year that would lead to shortages in supermarkets ??? I dont remember going with out

A day in the life of haulage.

Rosslare-Cherbourg. capacity 360. Number of HGV's=360

Dublin- Holyhead. capacity 251. Number of HV's =15

Sunday 3rd Jan 2021 Zeebrugge - Tilbury sailing normally 160 units of freight (unaccompanied mainly) shipped 19 units, abnormally quiet, even after Christmas. How much stock will UK warehouses still have in a months time?

Between Ireland and EU a load in transit with a value of €50,000 needs a supplier lodgement to bank account of €30,000 to avail of "transit" via landbridge. It is also requires now 12-15 hours slower and part of the UK queue when it returns. Direct to France removes payment and any paperwork.

And traffic from the UK to northern Ireland? In other news days after Brexit and just after NI Secretary Brandon Lewis declared “there is no Irish Sea border”, scores – and perhaps hundreds – of products are disappearing from Northern Ireland supermarket shelves because of that new border, it can be revealed.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/politics/days-after-brexit-many-products-vanish-sainsburys-northern-ireland-and-are-replaced-spar-brand-3085106

Just saying....

Barryd999 - 2021-01-05 1:55 PM

Hmm. That dont sound good.

By the way. Can someone send me a ink to Johnson writing a cheque out this week for the £350m he is giving to the NHS each week please? I am sure it will have been on the telly so I must have missed it somehow? Is it on iPlayer?

You might find it somewhere among the rubbish in Joker Johnsons box of Magic Tricks. Apparently he'd underestimated the figure.....it should have been more. (lol)

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-says-his-350-million-a-week-brexit-claim-was-an-underestimate-2018-1?r=US&IR=T

Barryd999 - 2021-01-05 1:55 PM

Hmm. That dont sound good.

By the way. Can someone send me a ink to Johnson writing a cheque out this week for the £350m he is giving to the NHS each week please? I am sure it will have been on the telly so I must have missed it somehow? Is it on iPlayer?

Isn't it £billions at the moment.

Another day, another delay ... At the ports which I suspect will be in utter chaos ... The IRA running riot over in NI und all those crops left to rot that weren't picked and ultimately led to underfed folk here in blighty ... We must thank the sisters for the warnings ... Thanks ladies

Birdbrain - 2021-01-06 6:25 AM

Another day, another delay ... At the ports which I suspect will be in utter chaos ... The IRA running riot over in NI und all those crops left to rot that weren't picked and ultimately led to underfed folk here in blighty ... We must thank the sisters for the warnings ... Thanks ladies

Thats because there is nothing coming here. We are full up apparently. There is no storage space left

https://ciltuk.org.uk/News/Latest-News/ArtMID/6887/ArticleID/33477/Shipping-and-the-UK-Ports-a-tale-of-dire-straits

Archived