Poor Darlings ...

Birdbrain

jumpstart - 2021-01-04 6:48 PM

What happened to all those reports that ultraviolet light killed the virus?

You can use UVC to kill CV-19, but it is dangerous, so not for direct exposure, but it is easy to buy UVC lamps.

p.s. Pre WWII my mother was given UV treatment ,by RAF medical school, for TB

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barryd999 - 2021-01-04 5:29 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-04 5:00 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-01-04 4:03 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-04 3:35 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-01-04 3:27 PM

I think the key is to plan ahead. Mrs D handles all this but I remotely do a Tesco order for one of my retired and vulnerable farmer friends every couple of weeks and it seems to work as long as you allow a couple of weeks and dont go looking for a slot as you start to run out of food. in other words book your next slot as soon as your delivery arrives (you cant block book and rightly so)

She has two going with Morrisons and Tesco. The fridge, freezer and cupboards have been rammed to bursting since before all this started but she always seemed to stockpile stuff (dont ask me why).

Tesco seem about the best as regards substitutes and if stuff is wrong or not within 5 days use by date they will refund it in full. Never had a problem up here and not been supermarket shopping for nearly a year

Chuckle ... "not been supermarket shopping for nearly a year" ... Chuckle ... How could ya ... Your too busy Breixt/Tory/Farage/Boris bitching all over christ knows how many forums, Farcebook, ya Labour support groups and chatting with ya government insider blah blah blah ... Hate on

Stupid Boy.

Ill rephrase it. "I" as in me, have not been supermarket shopping for several years apart from perusing the Cheese counters in France. Why on earth would I ever go supermarket shopping you fool? It doesnt take long to come up with something to bash Johnson with, there is material everywhere and every day! takes but a minute. Labour support groups? (lol)

"Why on earth would I ever go supermarket shopping you fool?" ... Well I suppose you wouldnt ... It might mean you'd have to wash before going ... Might mean you'd lose valuable bitching time ... Might mean you'd actually have to talk face to face to an actual human ... Might mean you'd need the local farmer to get some machinery out of ya bed gloom window for ya to escape seen as the stairs are a no-no

More racism regarding the Stairs! In case you havent noticed none of us are really supposed to be going anywhere so having a face to face conversation with an actual human is probably against the rules. Bitching? dont make me laugh, its all you and the late (not so great) Pelmet ever did on here!

You have always been able to go food shopping princess "In case you havent noticed" ... As for "Bitching" you is the Queen of Bitching

jumpstart - 2021-01-04 8:45 PM

So child carers still to work and just as much at risk as Teachers.

A friend who runs a nursery says they will be open tomorrow but many of the staff won't come in as they have older children who will now be at home. So they may have to close the nursery.

Only in England.

Birdbrain - 2021-01-04 7:20 PM

I think the key is to plan ahead. Mrs D handles all this but I remotely do a Tesco order for one of my retired and vulnerable farmer friends every couple of weeks and it seems to work as long as you allow a couple of weeks and dont go looking for a slot as you start to run out of food. in other words book your next slot as soon as your delivery arrives (you cant block book and rightly so)

She has two going with Morrisons and Tesco. The fridge, freezer and cupboards have been rammed to bursting since before all this started but she always seemed to stockpile stuff (dont ask me why).

Tesco seem about the best as regards substitutes and if stuff is wrong or not within 5 days use by date they will refund it in full. Never had a problem up here and not been supermarket shopping for nearly a year

Chuckle ... "not been supermarket shopping for nearly a year" ... Chuckle ... How could ya ... Your too busy Breixt/Tory/Farage/Boris bitching all over christ knows how many forums, Farcebook, ya Labour support groups and chatting with ya government insider blah blah blah ... Hate on

Stupid Boy.

Ill rephrase it. "I" as in me, have not been supermarket shopping for several years apart from perusing the Cheese counters in France. Why on earth would I ever go supermarket shopping you fool? It doesnt take long to come up with something to bash Johnson with, there is material everywhere and every day! takes but a minute. Labour support groups? (lol)

"Why on earth would I ever go supermarket shopping you fool?" ... Well I suppose you wouldnt ... It might mean you'd have to wash before going ... Might mean you'd lose valuable bitching time ... Might mean you'd actually have to talk face to face to an actual human ... Might mean you'd need the local farmer to get some machinery out of ya bed gloom window for ya to escape seen as the stairs are a no-no

More racism regarding the Stairs! In case you havent noticed none of us are really supposed to be going anywhere so having a face to face conversation with an actual human is probably against the rules. Bitching? dont make me laugh, its all you and the late (not so great) Pelmet ever did on here!

You have always been able to go food shopping princess "In case you havent noticed" ... As for "Bitching" you is the Queen of Bitching

Food shopping? Nobody does that anymore! The "man" or "lady" just brings it all now and it magics itself into the Fridge! I might have to restart my Egg hunts now again though. Bit parky on the scooter though. :(

Barryd999 - 2021-01-04 10:21 PM

Stupid Boy.

Food shopping? Nobody does that anymore! The "man" or "lady" just brings it all now and it magics itself into the Fridge! I might have to restart my Egg hunts now again though. Bit parky on the scooter though. :(

Those who want to choose the freshest produce do food shopping princess ... I suppose if all your buying are frozen pizzas, burgers, crisps and booze then not much can go wrong

Birdbrain - 2021-01-05 6:31 AM

Stupid Boy.

Those who want to choose the freshest produce do food shopping princess ... I suppose if all your buying are frozen pizzas, burgers, crisps and booze then not much can go wrong

If you think thats a risk worth taking its up to you but Tesco stuff delivered should have at least 5 days on it so should be fresh(ish) but if its not they just refund you and give you the goods free. No frozen Pizza or Burgers here by the way.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-05 10:02 AM

Stupid Boy.

If you think thats a risk worth taking its up to you but Tesco stuff delivered should have at least 5 days on it so should be fresh(ish) but if its not they just refund you and give you the goods free. No frozen Pizza or Burgers here by the way.

Give up being silly ... Someone picking fruit and veg for you in a supermarket is not going to be bothered wether they pick you out the freshest or damaged produce and personally I like to eat fresh goods ... Return stuff ??? PMSL ... Your a hypocrite again by the way because if you question wether going to supermarket "is a risk worth taking" what happens when your good lady goes to the farm shop as you have previously mentioned, does that somehow not carry a "risk" or is it just different, a risk is a risk isnt it ???

Birdbrain - 2021-01-05 11:55 AM

Stupid Boy.

Give up being silly ... Someone picking fruit and veg for you in a supermarket is not going to be bothered wether they pick you out the freshest or damaged produce and personally I like to eat fresh goods ... Return stuff ??? PMSL ... Your a hypocrite again by the way because if you question wether going to supermarket "is a risk worth taking" what happens when your good lady goes to the farm shop as you have previously mentioned, does that somehow not carry a "risk" or is it just different, a risk is a risk isnt it ???

You dont return anything. If its not within 5 days use by date when you receive it you keep it but Tesco will refund the full amount. That is how they "usually" ensure stuff is fresh. She has been in the local farm shop probably three or four times in a year. In and out in a couple of minutes and the small butcher in Richmond where they only allow one in at a time. Its a risk but I guess a small one considering levels have always been low here and everyone wears a mask and follows the rules. Supernarkets is IMO a pointless risk as you really dont need to go into them.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-05 1:51 PM

Stupid Boy.

You dont return anything. If its not within 5 days use by date when you receive it you keep it but Tesco will refund the full amount. That is how they "usually" ensure stuff is fresh. She has been in the local farm shop probably three or four times in a year. In and out in a couple of minutes and the small butcher in Richmond where they only allow one in at a time. Its a risk but I guess a small one considering levels have always been low here and everyone wears a mask and follows the rules. Supernarkets is IMO a pointless risk as you really dont need to go into them.

Just a very quick look at Tesco delivery complaints tells me why I dont want to trust others to pick my grub ... https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.tesco.com ... As for your missus going to the butchers and farm shop all care free thats obviously fine in your book while those who go to supermarkets "really dont need to go into them" ... What a silly hypocrite

Birdbrain - 2021-01-03 7:24 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-03 7:21 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-01-03 7:18 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-03 7:12 PM

jumpstart - 2021-01-03 7:08 PM

Does the same apply to supermarket check out ladies/guys.

They are as close to shoppers all day long as teachers to kids ,perhaps supermarkets should also be closed.

There is a plexiglass screen and two masks in the equation in the supermarket, its also a limited five minute exchange of air, none of which is applies in the schools.

Much bigger turnover of people in a supermarket than a school classroom ... Your argument makes no sense

It does when you understand the importance of viral load in covid transmission.

You obviously understand it so prove it ... Prove you are more likely to catch Covid in a classroom than in a supermarket ... Off ya pop Farty

https://www.tes.com/news/exclusive-coronavirus-schools-teacher-covid-rates-333-above-average

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-05 6:08 PM

They are as close to shoppers all day long as teachers to kids ,perhaps supermarkets should also be closed.

There is a plexiglass screen and two masks in the equation in the supermarket, its also a limited five minute exchange of air, none of which is applies in the schools.

Much bigger turnover of people in a supermarket than a school classroom ... Your argument makes no sense

You obviously understand it so prove it ... Prove you are more likely to catch Covid in a classroom than in a supermarket ... Off ya pop Farty

https://www.tes.com/news/exclusive-coronavirus-schools-teacher-covid-rates-333-above-average

Chuckle ... You have the data for supermarket workers ???

Birdbrain - 2021-01-05 7:21 PM

333% less than teachers.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-05 7:31 PM

333% less than teachers.

Not what it says and just 3 areas so not representative.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-01-05 7:31 PM

333% less than teachers.

Chuckle ... Old FartyPants back on form with lying ... Silly liccle darling

Birdbrain - 2021-01-05 4:01 PM

Stupid Boy.

Just a very quick look at Tesco delivery complaints tells me why I dont want to trust others to pick my grub ... https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.tesco.com ... As for your missus going to the butchers and farm shop all care free thats obviously fine in your book while those who go to supermarkets "really dont need to go into them" ... What a silly hypocrite

Its not actually fine. I would rather she didnt go in them but as I said its rare and so far infections here have been very low. Maybe its luck of the draw but round here Tesco have been superb. As said the risk of going into a small butchers where you are allowed in one at at time and there is seldom a queue where there are screens up i would think its far less than spending half an hour in a supermarket which may well have the virus floating around in it and god knows how many people touching stuff and personally i dont see the point of taking that risk if you can just have it delivered.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-05 10:28 PM

Stupid Boy.

Its not actually fine. I would rather she didnt go in them but as I said its rare and so far infections here have been very low. Maybe its luck of the draw but round here Tesco have been superb. As said the risk of going into a small butchers where you are allowed in one at at time and there is seldom a queue where there are screens up i would think its far less than spending half an hour in a supermarket which may well have the virus floating around in it and god knows how many people touching stuff and personally i dont see the point of taking that risk if you can just have it delivered.

Well you can have meat delivered but you choose not to and then in a hypocritical way condemn others who choose not to have supermarket deliveries ... As for risks in a butchers or farm shop a risk is a risk isnt it ??? ... Before lockdown your area according to you had gone into tier 4, my area was tier 3 so I presume you had/have bigger Covid issues than here ... Hatey hypocrite on Septic

Birdbrain - 2021-01-06 6:14 AM

Stupid Boy.

Well you can have meat delivered but you choose not to and then in a hypocritical way condemn others who choose not to have supermarket deliveries ... As for risks in a butchers or farm shop a risk is a risk isnt it ??? ... Before lockdown your area according to you had gone into tier 4, my area was tier 3 so I presume you had/have bigger Covid issues than here ... Hatey hypocrite on Septic

We do get meat delivered but occasionally there are one or two items she likes to get from the local butcher who do not deliver. The risk is not the same though IMO. How many people use a large supermarket compared to a tiny local butcher with one in one out? As for being in Tier 4, they went and put entire counties in Tier 4 despite areas like ours having some of the lowest rates in the country. Tier 3 which you can see from my back window had a higher rate than our region in Tier 4! The rate in Teesdale has been generally between 70-90 per 100000 which is similar to Cornwall and Devon!

Barryd999 - 2021-01-06 7:49 AM

Stupid Boy.

We do get meat delivered but occasionally there are one or two items she likes to get from the local butcher who do not deliver. The risk is not the same though IMO. How many people use a large supermarket compared to a tiny local butcher with one in one out? As for being in Tier 4, they went and put entire counties in Tier 4 despite areas like ours having some of the lowest rates in the country. Tier 3 which you can see from my back window had a higher rate than our region in Tier 4! The rate in Teesdale has been generally between 70-90 per 100000 which is similar to Cornwall and Devon!

But but but your bestest buddy Annette Curtain says the risk is minimal in supermarkets compared to schools. Surely you are not a scaredycat wimp. 8-)

747 - 2021-01-06 1:06 PM

Stupid Boy.

But but but your bestest buddy Annette Curtain says the risk is minimal in supermarkets compared to schools. Surely you are not a scaredycat wimp. 8-)

He is probably correct. Its all a risk but its common sense now that we know that both time, being indoors and proximity to others and the number of others is key.

It doesnt take a genius to work out that schools will be very high risk as lots of people mixing for a very long length of time in close proximity, pubs probably similar for the same reasons, Supermarkets not as bad as large space and you are not in there for as long but still high risk IMO, small butchers shop in a rural area with low infection rates with one in one out, bottom of the list but yes, still a risk. Filling your car with Petrol is a risk to some extent. Anything you do outside of your home is where you might come into contact with someone.

Stupid Boy.

"The risk is not the same though" ... Well thats not a hypocrite surprise is it ... What the guff about tier 4 is christ only knows, you were in tier 4 end of ... Your hypocrisy is a bit like your bike trip out taking photos during the last lockdown, you bitched and squealed about others going out while you yaself went out on a photo assignment ... You couldn't make it up ... Well I suppose you could

Archived