Anymore evidence required to prove Brexit was the right choice?........

Guest pelmetman

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 4:46 PM

Brian Kirby - 2021-04-01 11:28 AM

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 8:44 AM...............

Aaah so "suggested" is proof is it? ;-) ..........

Not according to my education *-) ..........

suggest

verb [ T ]

B1

to mention an idea, possible plan, or action for other people to consider:

Keep on grasping at those straws HATERS (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

You didn't do much science during that education, did you?

For whatever reason, you appear to be looking for proof that the variant came from abroad.

You now have the opinions of three of the UK's top scientists, as given to an HoC committee during a formal hearing. What they say is that all evidence points to the variant originating with a single individual in Kent. So that becomes the best working hypothesis at that time.

There is little in science that is accepted as 100% proof positive of anything.

The whole history of science is based on analysis of evidence, and the presentation of a hypothesis, based on current knowledge, that supports what the evidence suggests. That hypothesis may well be modified, or abandoned, if new evidence subsequently suggests that is necessary. Alternatively, it may be abandoned in favour of a new hypothesis that is a better fit to the new evidence. That is how science, and scientists, work.

All you can ever have is a present, working, hypothesis. As time passes and new evidence accumulates, if the working hypothesis still fits the evidence, it becomes the accepted hypothesis. Given the rate of change in the virus, and its spread, plus the known instability of viruses as they reproduce, a working hypothesis is all you'll get at present, and is possibly all that will ever be available.

However, if you read the whole transcript (to which I gave a link) you will see that the possibility that the Kent variant might have been imported from outside the UK was considered and, based on the evidence, rejected in favour of spontaneous development in a single individual in Kent.

There is no conceivable advantage to the scientists involved (or to anyone else!) in choosing Kentish origin over imported origin - so why on earth would they point to Kent as the source, if their analysis pointed elsewhere?

Are you really suggesting that they should have knowingly perjured themselves before an HoC committee to satisfy the wishes of some bigoted, nationalistic, idiot, who wanted that to be the outcome? You really need to get your head out from behind your confirmation bias and begin to look objectively at what is in front of you.

On the one hand, you praise UK science for the development of the AZ vaccine (all on the basis of analysis of evidence and presentation and testing of hypotheses), but on the other, you reject the findings of UK scientists who tell you (on the same basis) that one variant of the virus most probably developed in Kent. You acknowledge the UK's pre-eminence in the world in the field of genomics, yet reject the opinion of three of the top scientists in the field because you don't like their conclusions.

How on earth do you think the virus crossed from bats to humans if not by random mutation? How do we know that? How do you explain the presence of the other acknowledged strains? Do you reject that the South African variant arose in South Africa, or that the Brazilian variant arose in Brazil? If so, why? If not, why reject that the Kent variant, that is now recognised around the world, arose in Kent?

I'm sorry, but this is borderline (even over the border!) insanity. I don't think I have ever read such persistent, profound, stupidity, anywhere. Oh, except for some of those who continue to believe that the earth is flat, that perpetual motion is possible, or that unicorns exist.

Seems to me you HATERS hope that it mutated here *-) ...........

If it did, then logic dictates that the majority of UK deaths are down to the virus that arrived here from Italy?Spain & France :-| ..........

Aka.......The EU Variant.........Or is that a different Unicorn? >:-) ..........

Pull your head out of your arse.....it must be fed up after the years spent up there sniffing your sh1te for so long. *-)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

suggest

verb [ T ]

B1

For whatever reason, you appear to be looking for proof that the variant came from abroad.

You now have the opinions of three of the UK's top scientists, as given to an HoC committee during a formal hearing. What they say is that all evidence points to the variant originating with a single individual in Kent. So that becomes the best working hypothesis at that time.

The whole history of science is based on analysis of evidence, and the presentation of a hypothesis, based on current knowledge, that supports what the evidence suggests. That hypothesis may well be modified, or abandoned, if new evidence subsequently suggests that is necessary. Alternatively, it may be abandoned in favour of a new hypothesis that is a better fit to the new evidence. That is how science, and scientists, work.

All you can ever have is a present, working, hypothesis. As time passes and new evidence accumulates, if the working hypothesis still fits the evidence, it becomes the accepted hypothesis. Given the rate of change in the virus, and its spread, plus the known instability of viruses as they reproduce, a working hypothesis is all you'll get at present, and is possibly all that will ever be available.

However, if you read the whole transcript (to which I gave a link) you will see that the possibility that the Kent variant might have been imported from outside the UK was considered and, based on the evidence, rejected in favour of spontaneous development in a single individual in Kent.

There is no conceivable advantage to the scientists involved (or to anyone else!) in choosing Kentish origin over imported origin - so why on earth would they point to Kent as the source, if their analysis pointed elsewhere?

Are you really suggesting that they should have knowingly perjured themselves before an HoC committee to satisfy the wishes of some bigoted, nationalistic, idiot, who wanted that to be the outcome? You really need to get your head out from behind your confirmation bias and begin to look objectively at what is in front of you.

On the one hand, you praise UK science for the development of the AZ vaccine (all on the basis of analysis of evidence and presentation and testing of hypotheses), but on the other, you reject the findings of UK scientists who tell you (on the same basis) that one variant of the virus most probably developed in Kent. You acknowledge the UK's pre-eminence in the world in the field of genomics, yet reject the opinion of three of the top scientists in the field because you don't like their conclusions.

How on earth do you think the virus crossed from bats to humans if not by random mutation? How do we know that? How do you explain the presence of the other acknowledged strains? Do you reject that the South African variant arose in South Africa, or that the Brazilian variant arose in Brazil? If so, why? If not, why reject that the Kent variant, that is now recognised around the world, arose in Kent?

I'm sorry, but this is borderline (even over the border!) insanity. I don't think I have ever read such persistent, profound, stupidity, anywhere. Oh, except for some of those who continue to believe that the earth is flat, that perpetual motion is possible, or that unicorns exist.

If it did, then logic dictates that the majority of UK deaths are down to the virus that arrived here from Italy?Spain & France :-| ..........

Aka.......The EU Variant.........Or is that a different Unicorn? >:-) ..........

Remind me again where the first UK case was?

Oh yes York. The patients?

Chinese tourists.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55622386

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-01 5:47 PM

suggest

verb [ T ]

B1

Remind me again where the first UK case was?

Oh yes York. The patients?

Chinese tourists.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55622386

Remind me again where did the bulk of our cases come from? ;-) .........

THE skanky EU *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 4:46 PM............................

Dave, honestly, when in a hole??? (lol) (lol)

Here's a link you can trust (Daily Express): https://tinyurl.com/puy5u8md Although, of course, it comes from an expert with a university degree. Still, you can always pop outside and ask someone in the street if you want a second opinion! (lol)

So what the link is telling you is that the reality is that about half (as of February) of total UK deaths are due to the Kent variant, with the rest due to the earlier variant/s (which some-one allowed into the UK, unchecked, from whatever country they had visited). It was first identified in a sample taken in Kent, in September 2020. So 50% approximately of all Covid deaths due to the Kent variant will have arisen since September 2020 (approximately six months ago), while the other 50% will have arisen since January 2020 (approximately 15 months ago), when the first identified Covid death was recorded.

There is no hope, or hate, in this: just sad acceptance of the facts as presented by world leading experts.

If you want an explanation for the ease with which the virus was able to enter, and spread within, the UK, I think you need to look within the UK and not at the EU. Would it help you if we begin calling it the Boris, or Tory, strain, I wonder? After all, it was he/they who left the doors wide open while shaking hands with everyone in sight - against their own advice to the proles.

That was far more likely to have created the conditions for the virus to spread and mutate than would have been the case if the front and back doors had been closed as soon as the virus had first entered the UK (from China, incidentally, not Europe), been identified, and the unfortunate Chinese family successfully traced and quarantined, if lock-down been imposed as soon as UK spread was detected - to reduce the rate and extent of spread, if the existing local public health tracking and tracing been retained and augmented instead of abandoning it in favour of spending £13+ billion on a new, "World Beating" bulls**t based system that still doesn't work, .................................. do I really need to go on?

But the simple truth is that mutations take place pretty much every time the virus passes from one person to another. Most don't matter, others do. So, if you don't want to host a hostile variant the first rule is to keep the amount of virus in circulation to the absolute minimum, so that the scope for mutation is minimised as far as possible. Like it or lump it, the Kent variant is an own goal, albeit one resulting from carelessness rather then intent. So, suck that up. (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-04-01 6:02 PM

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 4:46 PM............................

Dave, honestly, when in a hole??? (lol) (lol)

Here's a link you can trust (Daily Express): https://tinyurl.com/puy5u8md Although, of course, it comes from an expert with a university degree. Still, you can always pop outside and ask someone in the street if you want a second opinion! (lol)

So what the link is telling you is that the reality is about half (as of February) of total UK deaths are due to the Kent variant, with the rest due to the earlier variant/s (which some-one allowed into the UK, unchecked, from whatever country they had visited). It was first identified in a sample taken in Kent, in September 2020. So 50% approximately of all Covid deaths due to the Kent variant will have arisen since September 2020 (approximately six months ago), while the other 50% will have arisen since January 2020 (approximately 15 months ago), when the first identified Covid death was recorded.

There is no hope, or hate, in this: just sad acceptance of the facts as presented by world leading experts.

If you want an explanation for the ease with which the virus was able to enter, and spread within, the UK, I think you need to look within the UK and not at the EU. Would it help you if we begin calling it the Boris, or Tory, strain, I wonder? After all, it was he/they who left the doors wide open while shaking hands with everyone in sight - against their own advice to the proles.

That was far more likely to have created the conditions for the virus to spread and mutate than would have been the case if the front and back doors had been closed as soon as the virus had first entered the UK (from China, incidentally, not Europe), been identified, and the unfortunate Chinese family successfully traced and quarantined, if lock-down been imposed as soon as UK spread was detected - to reduce the rate and extent of spread, if the existing local public health tracking and tracing been retained and augmented instead of abandoning it in favour of spending £13+ billion on a new, "World Beating" bulls**t based system that still doesn't work, .................................. do I really need to go on?

But the simple truth is that mutations take place pretty much every time the virus passes from one person to another. Most don't matter, others do. So, if you don't want to host a hostile variant the first rule is to keep the amount of virus in circulation to the absolute minimum, so that the scope for mutation is minimised as far as possible. Like it or lump it, the Kent variant is an own goal, albeit one resulting from carelessness rather then intent. So, suck that up. (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Nothing to suck up Brian ;-) ........

You have just shown that like the NASTY EU you are trying to weaponize where COVID mutates 8-) .......

Which just shows how low NASTY LOSERS and the NASTY EU have sunk *-) ........

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 6:11 PM..................................Nothing to suck up Brian ;-) ........

You have just shown that like the NASTY EU you are trying to weaponize where COVID mutates 8-) .......

No Dave, I'm just struggling to persuade you of a very simple, self-evident, truth - that you don't want to face up to.

That from all available evidence the Kent variant mutated in Kent, and very sadly has since spread from Kent across the UK, causing about 50% of all Covid deaths here, but (and it seems you may be pleased by this) has also spread across Europe (which includes the EU) and is now killing people there.

I should remind you (because it was more than an hour ago), that this whole "discussion" originated when you were complaining that some eminent scientists hade the temerity to state that in their opinion the Kent variant had originated in ................................. Kent.

You were disputing that because it implicated the UK as its origin, and you were looking for evidence (of which there is none) that it had been imported into the UK from "France, Spain, or Italy".

Now that seems to me to show that just like the NASTY UK Brexiters it was you who was trying to weaponize where COVID mutates - which just shows how low you NASTY Brexiters have sunk - even by your own standards.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Time to stop, methinks. (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-04-01 7:00 PM

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 6:11 PM..................................Nothing to suck up Brian ;-) ........

No Dave, I'm just struggling to persuade you of a very simple, self-evident, truth - that you don't want to face up to.

That from all available evidence the Kent variant mutated in Kent, and very sadly has since spread from Kent across the UK, causing about 50% of all Covid deaths here, but (and it seems you may be pleased by this) has also spread across Europe (which includes the EU) and is now killing people there.

I should remind you (because it was more than an hour ago), that this whole "discussion" originated when you were complaining that some eminent scientists hade the temerity to state that in their opinion the Kent variant had originated in ................................. Kent.

You were disputing that because it implicated the UK as its origin, and you were looking for evidence (of which there is none) that it had been imported into the UK from "France, Spain, or Italy".

Now that seems to me to show that just like the NASTY UK Brexiters it was you who was trying to weaponize where COVID mutates - which just shows how low you NASTY Brexiters have sunk - even by your own standards.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. Time to stop, methinks. (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Nice try Brian ;-) .........

Your Blah blah blah only fools LOSERS *-) .......

The FACT is that you LOSERS like the NASTY EU are trying to weaponize where a variant mutates :-| .......

Perhaps its time for you Brit Haters to stop methinks ;-) .........

Or emigrate to LOSER Land......Go on you know EU want to >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 7:08 PM

The FACT is that you LOSERS like the NASTY EU are trying to weaponize where a variant mutates :-| .......

Nope they, like the UK, are calling the variants after where they originated.

So we have the Kent variant, they have the British variant*

We have the Brazil variant, they have the Brazil variant

We have the South African variant, they have the South African variant.

* the reason they call the Kent variant the British variant is immediately clear if you hear a Dutchman say Kent.

Guest pelmetman

Wrong again Blah Blah ;-) ..........

I was "suggesting" (seeing as that means proof nowadays *-) ) that the majority of our COVID deaths were caused by the variant imported from the Italy/Spain/France....ie the EU variant/Virus :-| ........

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-01 7:13 PM

* the reason they call the Kent variant the British variant is immediately clear if you hear a Dutchman say Kent.

Really?........I dont recall any leader in the EU saying the Italian variant the Spanish variant etc etc *-) ........

Unless of course it suddenly decided to mutate when it got to Kent? 8-) ........

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 7:20 PM

Really?........I dont recall any leader in the EU saying the Italian variant the Spanish variant etc etc *-) ........

Because there hasn't been one there yet.......much to your annoyance and obvious anger. *-)

Unless of course it suddenly decided to mutate when it got to Kent? 8-) ........

You really are showing your stupidity now.

The original version of Coronavirus that you maintain came from Italy and Spain, was just that - original, the same strain that originated in Wuhan.

The later variants are just that - variants, that are named after the places where the mutation occurred.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-01 7:32 PM

The original version of Coronavirus that you maintain came from Italy and Spain, was just that - original, the same strain that originated in Wuhan.

The later variants are just that - variants, that are named after the places where the mutation occurred.

So Blah Blah was talking b*****ks when he said that the virus has been mutating all the time? >:-) .......

Nope it appears he was correct ;-) ........

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/mutant-covid-19-strain-in-spanish-farm-workers-sparked-europes-second-wave-scientists

Anyone recall Macron the Moron blaming the Spanish for the 2nd wave??? :-S ........

Nope thought not *-) ......

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 7:35 PM

So Blah Blah was talking b*****ks when he said that the virus has been mutating all the time? >:-) .......

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/mutant-covid-19-strain-in-spanish-farm-workers-sparked-europes-second-wave-scientists

Anyone recall Macron the Moron blaming the Spanish for the 2nd wave??? :-S ........

What the one you probably brought back from Spain with you?

Following its emergence in late 2019, SARS-CoV-2 has caused a global pandemic resulting in unprecedented efforts to reduce transmission and develop therapies and vaccines (WHO Emergency Committee, 2020; Zhu et al., 2020). Rapidly generated viral genome sequences have allowed the spread of the virus to be tracked via phylogenetic analysis (Hadfield et al., 2018; Pybus et al., 2020; Worobey et al., 2020). While the virus spread globally in early 2020 before borders closed, intercontinental travel has since been greatly reduced, allowing continent-specific variants to emerge. However, within Europe travel resumed in the summer of 2020, and the impact of this travel on the epidemic is not well understood. Here we report on a novel SARS-CoV-2 variant, 20A.EU1, that emerged in Spain in early summer, and subsequently spread to multiple locations in Europe, accounting for the majority of sequences by autumn. We find no evidence of increased transmissibility of this variant, but instead demonstrate how rising incidence in Spain, resumption of travel across Europe, and lack of effective screening and containment may explain the variant’s success. Despite travel restrictions and quarantine requirements, we estimate 20A.EU1 was introduced hundreds of times to countries across Europe by summertime travellers, likely undermining local efforts to keep SARS-CoV-2 cases low. Our results demonstrate how genomic surveillance is critical to understanding how travel can impact SARS-CoV-2 transmission, and thus for informing future containment strategies as travel resumes.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-01 8:45 PM

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 7:35 PM

What the one you probably brought back from Spain with you?

Following its emergence in late 2019, SARS-CoV-2 has caused a global pandemic resulting in unprecedented efforts to reduce transmission and develop therapies and vaccines (WHO Emergency Committee, 2020; Zhu et al., 2020). Rapidly generated viral genome sequences have allowed the spread of the virus to be tracked via phylogenetic analysis (Hadfield et al., 2018; Pybus et al., 2020; Worobey et al., 2020). While the virus spread globally in early 2020 before borders closed, intercontinental travel has since been greatly reduced, allowing continent-specific variants to emerge. However, within Europe travel resumed in the summer of 2020, and the impact of this travel on the epidemic is not well understood. Here we report on a novel SARS-CoV-2 variant, 20A.EU1, that emerged in Spain in early summer, and subsequently spread to multiple locations in Europe, accounting for the majority of sequences by autumn. We find no evidence of increased transmissibility of this variant, but instead demonstrate how rising incidence in Spain, resumption of travel across Europe, and lack of effective screening and containment may explain the variant’s success. Despite travel restrictions and quarantine requirements, we estimate 20A.EU1 was introduced hundreds of times to countries across Europe by summertime travellers, likely undermining local efforts to keep SARS-CoV-2 cases low. Our results demonstrate how genomic surveillance is critical to understanding how travel can impact SARS-CoV-2 transmission, and thus for informing future containment strategies as travel resumes.

We prolly had the lurgy in Spain in January ;-) .........

But it wasn't the Italian variant or the 2nd wave Spanish variant :D .........

Unlike NASTY people like you LOSERS and Macron the Moron I didn't blame the Spanish coz I knew it was China that started it *-) ........

But as Brian has already explained to you, the virus is mutating all the time, these variants are only deemed worthy of a nickname when they have significantly different attributes like being more contagious (like the Kent variant) or more lethal (like the South African variant). The 20A.EU1 that emerged in Spain in early summer was too similar in its symptoms and effects to warrant its own moniker.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-01 9:26 PM

But as Brian has already explained to you, the virus is mutating all the time, these variants are only deemed worthy of a nickname when they have significantly different attributes like being more contagious (like the Kent variant) or more lethal (like the South African variant). The 20A.EU1 that emerged in Spain in early summer was too similar in its symptoms and effects to warrant its own moniker.

Utter Bollox's *-).........

"A coronavirus variant that originated in Spanish farm workers has spread rapidly through much of Europe since the summer, and now accounts for the majority of new Covid-19 cases in several countries — and more than 80 per cent in the UK.

An international team of scientists that has been tracking the virus through its genetic mutations has described the extraordinary spread of the variant, called 20A.EU1, in a research paper to be published on Thursday."

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 9:31 PM

"A coronavirus variant that originated in Spanish farm workers has spread rapidly through much of Europe since the summer, and now accounts for the majority of new Covid-19 cases in several countries — and more than 80 per cent in the UK.

An international team of scientists that has been tracking the virus through its genetic mutations has described the extraordinary spread of the variant, called 20A.EU1, in a research paper to be published on Thursday."

You really are the gift that keeps on giving. From YOUR link

"

The scientific teams in Switzerland and Spain are now rushing to examine the behaviour of the variant to establish whether it may be more deadly or more infectious than other strains. Dr Hodcroft stressed that there was “no evidence that the variant’s [rapid] spread is due to a mutation that increases transmission or impacts clinical outcome”.

But she emphasised that 20A.EU1 was unlike any version of Sars-Cov-2 — the virus that causes Covid-19 — she had previously come across. “I’ve not seen any variant with this sort of dynamic for as long as I’ve been looking at genomic sequences of coronavirus in Europe,” she said.

In particular, the teams are working with virology laboratories to establish whether 20A.EU1 carries a particular mutation, in the “spike protein” that the virus uses to enter human cells, that might alter its behaviour.

All viruses develop mutations — changes in the individual letters of their genetic code — which can group together into new variants and strains. Another mutation in Sars-Cov-2, called D614G, has been identified which is believed to make the virus more infectious."

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-01 9:41 PM

"

The scientific teams in Switzerland and Spain are now rushing to examine the behaviour of the variant to establish whether it may be more deadly or more infectious than other strains. Dr Hodcroft stressed that there was “no evidence that the variant’s [rapid] spread is due to a mutation that increases transmission or impacts clinical outcome”.

But she emphasised that 20A.EU1 was unlike any version of Sars-Cov-2 — the virus that causes Covid-19 — she had previously come across. “I’ve not seen any variant with this sort of dynamic for as long as I’ve been looking at genomic sequences of coronavirus in Europe,” she said.

In particular, the teams are working with virology laboratories to establish whether 20A.EU1 carries a particular mutation, in the “spike protein” that the virus uses to enter human cells, that might alter its behaviour.

All viruses develop mutations — changes in the individual letters of their genetic code — which can group together into new variants and strains. Another mutation in Sars-Cov-2, called D614G, has been identified which is believed to make the virus more infectious."

So the FACT that it infected 80% of the UK didn't mean it was more transmissable? *-) .........

Jesus you LOSERS are a desperate bunch :D .........

BTW has it been peer reviewed yet? >:-) ...........Or doesn't that matter anymore? (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2021-04-01 9:47 PM

"

So the FACT that it infected 80% of the UK didn't mean it was more transmissable? *-) .........

So in October it was responsible for 80% of cases here. Then it mutated into the Kent variant, in October the death toll was 35,000 due in part to the Kent variant being more contagious than the Spanish (see what I did there) variant it is now 127,000.

Which do you think is more contagious and deserves its own nickname?

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-01 10:43 PM

"

So in October it was responsible for 80% of cases here. Then it mutated into the Kent variant, in October the death toll was 35,000 due in part to the Kent variant being more contagious than the Spanish (see what I did there) variant it is now 127,000.

Best re do your homework CowPat ;-) ...........

"Analysing death rates among people infected with the new variant, researchers found it led to 227 deaths in a sample of 54,906 patients – compared with 141 among the same number of closely matched patients who had the variant circulating earlier in the pandemic."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-kent-variant-deadly-b1815126.html

Now who's variant do you think is responsible for most UK deaths? *-) .........

Fortunately the UK now has over 50% of our population jabbed which is clearly proving to be effective against the Kent variant that may or may not have mutated here ;-) .........

So come the final scores on the doors we know that it will have been the EU variants that killed most Brits :-| ............

pelmetman - 2021-04-02 9:04 AM

"

"Analysing death rates among people infected with the new variant, researchers found it led to 227 deaths in a sample of 54,906 patients – compared with 141 among the same number of closely matched patients who had the variant circulating earlier in the pandemic."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-kent-variant-deadly-b1815126.html

Fortunately the UK now has over 50% of our population jabbed which is clearly proving to be effective against the Kent variant that may or may not have mutated here ;-) .........

So come the final scores on the doors we know that it will have been the EU variants that killed most Brits :-| ............

I'd have thought that even someone with your limited intelligence might have recognised that in the period when a brand new disease arrived and six months later that medical staff might have worked out better ways to treat it which would significantly reduce the death toll?

Indeed those first unfortunate cases were very much a test bed for what works.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-02 9:14 AM

"

I'd have thought that even someone with your limited intelligence might have recognised that in the period when a brand new disease arrived and six months later that medical staff might have worked out better ways to treat it which would significantly reduce the death toll?

Yep I recognise that Boris has done a terrific job of managing the Pandemic compared to EU countries B-) ..........

It appears your limited inteligence/LOSER HATE is preventing you from seeing the blindingly obvious 8-) ..........

What a Sado (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

pelmetman - 2021-04-02 9:27 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-02 9:14 AM

"

Yep I recognise that Boris has done a terrific job of managing the Pandemic compared to EU countries B-) ..........

It appears your limited inteligence/LOSER HATE is preventing you from seeing the blindingly obvious 8-) ..........

What a Sado (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Did we know Dexamethasone and Remdisivir would work?

Why did we order all those ventilators when it was CPAP machines that made the difference?

Do you think that while these treatments were being developed during the early stages of the disease, that some people would have died, who would today, with these and other interventions have survived. That's the nature of medical discoveries developed by educated people who went to university.

Archived