Pete-B

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-16 10:30 PM

Tracker - 2021-04-16 3:49 PM

Brian Kirby - 2021-04-14 11:56 AM

Yet, we call it democracy. Supposedly government of the people, by the people, for the people. Under our system it is a mirage. Instead, we have government that veers between government of the people, by one faction, for that faction, to government of the people, by the other faction, for the other faction. Beginning in 1707 with the Tories and the Whigs, it became Tory and Conservative in 1834, Conservative and Liberal in 1859, and finally Conservative and Labour in 1924. Just two parties in perpetual opposition endlessly squabbling over who gets the biggest share of the national wealth, and in the process squandering much of that wealth as the power swings from one to the other and the winner lays waste to the other's achievements - not because they were necessarily bad, but because they didn't invent them! Well, that's my view! :-D

A view to which I too have subscribed for many a long year.

What we have is an alternating hot potch of power mad maniacs ruining the country in turn by a combination of greed, self interest, political dogma (actually politcal dogmess) U turns and general incompetence.

But it is still preferable to what North Korea and many other down trodden peoples have so let us be grateful for small mercies!

Says the "man" who spent most of his working life ensuring that he didn't have to pay any tax and then bragged about it, self interest.....blah, blah....

Say's the bloke who SPONGED 3 million quid of the UK taxpayer via the EU *-) ............

Yet now spends his time slagging off the country that supplied his bung 8-) ..........

Ungrateful buggers these NASTY self interested LEFTY types >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-04-17 7:56 AM

Yet now spends his time slagging off the country that supplied his bung 8-) ..........

Why should I be grateful that BoJo keeps sending us bungs to vote for him and maintain his empire at you loser's expense?

I did not ask for your money

I don't want your money

I want BoJo to stop sending us your money

So we vote for independence from the cesspit of sleaze that Westminster has become.

So why don't you, as a party member on first name terms with the Prime Minister, ask him to please stop sending us your money. Its your money, after all.

John52 - 2021-04-17 7:50 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-04-17 6:36 AM

One rule for The Royal Family another rule for others ... https://twitter.com/PatriotActive66/status/1383090404048928773

So what is this rule that allowed them to have so many at a gathering *-)

Or were they breaking the rules so you talking nonsense again :-S

Cant understand your post ... No need for insults either

Yet, we call it democracy. Supposedly government of the people, by the people, for the people. Under our system it is a mirage. Instead, we have government that veers between government of the people, by one faction, for that faction, to government of the people, by the other faction, for the other faction. Beginning in 1707 with the Tories and the Whigs, it became Tory and Conservative in 1834, Conservative and Liberal in 1859, and finally Conservative and Labour in 1924. Just two parties in perpetual opposition endlessly squabbling over who gets the biggest share of the national wealth, and in the process squandering much of that wealth as the power swings from one to the other and the winner lays waste to the other's achievements - not because they were necessarily bad, but because they didn't invent them! Well, that's my view! :-D

What we have is an alternating hot potch of power mad maniacs ruining the country in turn by a combination of greed, self interest, political dogma (actually politcal dogmess) U turns and general incompetence.

But it is still preferable to what North Korea and many other down trodden peoples have so let us be grateful for small mercies!

Says the "man" who spent most of his working life ensuring that he didn't have to pay any tax and then bragged about it, self interest.....blah, blah....

Say's the bloke who SPONGED 3 million quid of the UK taxpayer via the EU *-) ............

Yes but that £3,000,000 in 1995 created more than fifty jobs. That's fifty jobs where people pay tax.Through that tax the three million has been well and truly repaid.That's how investment to create employment works.

It worked so well I got another £1.1 million of public funding in 2003.

Whereas you and Tracker spent your working lives trying to avoid paying tax, whilst happily using the services that others were paying for, even worse in your case you claimed benefits because you could get away with it. Then you bragged about it.

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/Inland-Revenue/22758/

I'm only "slagging the country off" because I want to change it, to make it better for everyone. I ain't going anywhere.

Birdbrain - 2021-04-17 8:46 AM

John52 - 2021-04-17 7:50 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-04-17 6:36 AM

One rule for The Royal Family another rule for others ... https://twitter.com/PatriotActive66/status/1383090404048928773

So what is this rule that allowed them to have so many at a gathering *-)

Or were they breaking the rules so you talking nonsense again :-S

Cant understand your post ... No need for insults either

I pointed out that the others were breaking the rules

CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-17 8:49 AM

Whereas you and Tracker spent your working lives trying to avoid paying tax, whilst happily using the services that others were paying for, even worse in your case you claimed benefits because you could get away with it. Then you bragged about it.

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/Inland-Revenue/22758/

The first thing I notice about the 2011 link is the number of good contibutors that have become fed up with the constant whingeing and nit picking of the few and have left this site for good.

I don't know who Curtain Twitcher was in a previous incarnation and I don't give a toss as he is not that important but he either has a good memory or too much time on his hands to come up with a specially selected out of context chestnut that old.

Like so many I did nothing wrong, the IR set the rules and I amd my accountant followed them. If you didn't - bigger fool you - but don't blame those of us that were savvy enough to legally save money we did not owe.

Plenty of people making a lot more than I ever did paid, and continue to pay, no tax - why not go after them - sorry that would be too difficult for you - I do understand that soft targets and snide comments are much more your style.

If you had the courage of your convictions you would perhaps try to become an MP to change the things that you personally say that you do not like and where, ironically, the opportunites for tax avoidance seen greater than for us mere mortals.

By the way, all my pension income is derived from fully legal contributions made in full (less tax relief!!) with no public subsidy and on which I do unfortiunately have to now pay income tax - ain't life a bugger!!

Tracker - 2021-04-17 8:00 PM

Like so many I did nothing wrong, the IR set the rules and I amd my accountant followed them. If you didn't - bigger fool you - but don't blame those of us that were savvy enough to legally save money we did not owe.

So for 17 years from 1991 - 2008 you paid no income tax at all?

Tracker - 2011-03-11 7:25 PM

One of the few perks of being self employed has been the ability to legally avoid - NOT evade - income tax by various means which I managed to do right from when I first went self employed in 1991.

Over the four different businesses I ran right up to the day I finally packed up in 2008 I quite legally and above board never paid a penny in income tax - magic!

Yet in a post only a few weeks ago you said;

Tracker - 2021-03-08 7:27 PM

Perhps it's time for a 'national service' employment scheme wherby if you don't contribute to the economy you don't earn any benefits

Tracker - 2021-04-17 11:22 PM

Thanks Lead Head, I am not in the least surprised that you too would be quick to rake back through history to exploit any opportunity to hijack a topic and have a go and in response I feel no need to explain anything to you.

I didn't need to....I remembered your comment from the thread I made last month. No need to explain anything as the contradiction is clear enough.

Guest pelmetman

Yes but that £3,000,000 in 1995 created more than fifty jobs. That's fifty jobs where people pay tax.Through that tax the three million has been well and truly repaid.That's how investment to create employment works.

I'm only "slagging the country off" because I want to change it, to make it better for everyone. I ain't going anywhere.

4.1 million for 50 jobs........Is that all?.............So after 26 years the taxpayer may have got his money back 8-) ..........

I wonder how much of that 4.1 million ended up in your 1 million pension pot that you like to BOAST about, curiously PeePee doesn't mind that kinda boasting? :-| ........

BTW the reason for my original thread was to point out how easy it "was" to qualify for tax credits ;-) ........

Which has obviously annoyed you TAX SPONGERS >:-) ..........

Guest pelmetman

Unfortunately for YOU NASTY LEFTIES we dont want to be changed (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election

pelmetman - 2021-04-18 8:36 AM

4.1 million for 50 jobs........Is that all?.............So after 26 years the taxpayer may have got his money back 8-) ..........

I wonder how much of that 4.1 million ended up in your 1 million pension pot that you like to BOAST about, curiously PeePee doesn't mind that kinda boasting? :-| ........

BTW the reason for my original thread was to point out how easy it "was" to qualify for tax credits ;-) ........

Well at £82,000 a job it has been well and truly repaid from the tax take from those fifty jobs over twenty six years, if you understood simple mathematics you probably wouldn't have emphasised the point for me so clearly. But alongside those jobs that funding also allowed for the transformation of a derelict industrial landscape into a place that people want to spend their leisure time.

I didn't boast about the size of my pension pot, I explained to you that after my wife was told she was in remission, I re-evaluated the need to continue in a job I enjoyed but didn't need to do from a financial position, the final decision being made when I reached the lifetime pension allowance. The fact my pension pot got to that size was down to luck, I supported a university friends new venture through a small investment thirty years ago, lets just say it did well.

But unlike you and your inherited wealth, I recognise that I got lucky and not everyone does. I don't want to create a society with massive wealth disparities, even if you want to look at things from your own selfish position can you not see that such a position will be a inherently unsafe society for those with wealth?

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-04-18 9:48 AM

pelmetman - 2021-04-18 8:36 AM

Well at £82,000 a job it has been well and truly repaid from the tax take from those fifty jobs over twenty six years,

Evidence? ;-) ............

Coz to repay back 82k even at a flat rate would mean each employee paying back £3,153 in income tax every year since 1995 :-| .........

Average UK wage rates indicate that they prolly wouldn't have started paying over 3k a year income tax until about 2015? :D ..........

Just askin :D .............

Archived