Lone male cooking advice!

sandalwood

Charlie Binghams steak pie cooks in household oven 40 mins. I have Remoska! Does anyone know how long it takes in that? Oven only goes. Up to 190 but CB needs 40 mins at 200. Apologies for stupidity.

Combi. Oven/ microwave/ grill. 190 degrees only. How long?

Remoska. Well who knows how long?

Thanks to all you lovely housewives who will no doubt help me!

(Edit - 190 was 90)

sandalwood - 2021-05-15 7:55 PM

Charlie Binghams steak pie cooks in household oven 40 mins. I have Remoska! Does anyone know how long it takes in that? Oven only goes. Up to 190 but CB needs 40 mins at 200. Apologies for stupidity.

(Edit - 190 was 90)

Household ovens are generally fan assisted so cook faster than any non-assisted. I looked on the Remoska website but it seems more interested in blowing it's own trumpet than giving necessary user information. Under cooking instructions and times it said, "Puff pastry rises like a dream".

Brilliant! *-)

I've never had Charlie Binghams pies but would suggest that once the pastry is a satisfactory shade of brown....it's cooked! :-D

The Pressure cooker is Mans best friend delicious chicken and veg hotpots in about an half hour all other meats too , boil in the bag rice too magic, add it to your casserole hotpot we have 4 Rimouski 2 in the house 2 in the van great for roasting all meats spuds pies etc but only work on mains power so rarely used in the van, , quick supper or snack, fry some onions , mushrooms bacon together in a pan, add some garlic and curry powder or paste to taste, mix some eggs in a jug add milk pepper butter [ scrambled egg mix ] add this to the curry mix, stir until the egg has scrambled in the curry , meanwhile make a couple of slices of toast and serve the curry on the toast, scrumptious all a man

needs

Another great pressure dish, fry some lamb , cheapest cuts best neck , bones and lamb off cuts best, fry gently in a little oil till well browned , , browner the better, add garlic, onions a few chillies to taste, nutmeg, pepper salt and continue to fry till all soft, add water, or stock, then layer with sliced cabbage, then a layer of sliced potato, another layer of cabbage and another layer of sliced potato , till pot full , Pressure cook for about 20 minutes , just letting the weight spin slowly,When SAFE to open the pressure cooker do this, meanwhile a boil in the bag of rice must be cooking 5 to 10 mins ? meanwhile you will have mixed a jug of gravy mix, and an OXO cube

[meat ] and water , stir this mix into the food in the pressure and let it all come back to heat, do not pressure this, Right stir the food gently till you are happy with what you see now put some rice in a bowl and serve yourself some of the delirious lamb mix on the rice and enjoy, This is a South African dish called Cabbage Broodi, but we call it Cabbage Stew it is most delicious , it looks a bit odd but do not be put off by that as it is a fantastic quick dish to make and it is ready to eat in about 40 minutes from start, it is best to leave it for a day or so as it matures and tastes even better that way but when we make it and the aromas get to us we have to eat it straight away. ENJOY.

How about a couple of buttered buns or Hot cross buns add some crisps in the buns cheese and onion are good or whatever your fav are, then add same mature Cheddar cheese or other Cheese to taste Stilton or Danish blue is good, close the bun [ if you can ] hee hee and eat it scrumptious a great snack,

A packet of Crisps to your taste, add some cubed cheddar Cheese and a couple of sliced pickled onions to the bag and hey ho proper Cheese and Onion crisps Looooovvvvleeeyy.

Bulletguy - 2021-05-15 10:30 PM

sandalwood - 2021-05-15 7:55 PM

(Edit - 190 was 90)

Household ovens are generally fan assisted so cook faster than any non-assisted. I looked on the Remoska website but it seems more interested in blowing it's own trumpet than giving necessary user information. Under cooking instructions and times it said, "Puff pastry rises like a dream".

Brilliant! *-)

I've never had Charlie Binghams pies but would suggest that once the pastry is a satisfactory shade of brown....it's cooked! :-D

Well our largest Remouska is only rated 470 watts so a massive saver of energy compared to our large fan oven,my wife uses two remouskas when cooking a large meal, roasties in one with Parsnips to roast and the other hold the Joint or whatever she decides to cook, we cooked a Turkey Crown at Christmas and had fantastic result , so quick and easy and simple to clean as the under lid dish is non stick and cleans sooooo easily, yes the Remouska is a great tool couple this with a 3 tier stainless steel steamer for your veg and hey presto all your cooking problems solved, we like Salmon and prawn pies bought from Asda and their Chicken and bacon pies too and these cook from frozen very quickly and really great results.

What a lot of faffing about

Just chuck your meat and veg in the pressure cooker with a cup of water.

Give it 6 minutes or so at 15psi.

Stir in a spoonful of gravy powder and you have got a full dinner in 10 minutes :-D

PS - OK it might look like pig swill but its safer and healthier. You can be sure the meat is thoroughly cooked without burning it or drying it up. And you keep all the nutrients in the veg instead of flushing them away in the water you cooked them in :-D

Understand your dilemma, I also travel solo and always looking for the easy option when cooking. When I changed van, a couple of years ago, I had the grill removed and a Thetford Duplex oven put in. My wife now fills the fridge for me with M&S ready meals and I'm good for the first 5 days, restock after that. I was thinking of getting a single person rice cooker, however, once again M&S rice from the Indian or Chinese section is 20 minutes in oven along side anything else I'm cooking. Good luck with a Remoska, reading some posts it seems to be linked to some kind of religious experience, not necessary a bad thing.

John52 - 2021-05-18 6:59 AM

What a lot of faffing about

Just chuck your meat and veg in the pressure cooker with a cup of water.

Give it 6 minutes or so at 15psi.

Stir in a spoonful of gravy powder and you have got a full dinner in 10 minutes :-D

PS - OK it might look like pig swill but its safer and healthier. You can be sure the meat is thoroughly cooked without burning it or drying it up. And you keep all the nutrients in the veg instead of flushing them away in the water you cooked them in :-D

..Oh and you don't have to put your teeth in to chew it up :-D

Archived