Fresh Water Filling

Gutt100

Hi,

Is there a way to connect an Aqua roll to motorhome fresh water inlet with pump as you see on caravans?

I know my Autotrail has a 100L tank but it would be useful on unserviced pitches rather than driving to service point.

Thanks

Fit an external 12 volt socket near the fill point. Buy a 12 volt pump and fit a 12 volt plug to an extended lead. Fit a short section of pipe to the pump and you are set.

That is what I do and I have found that if you fit a hoselock connector fitting to the delivery end of the pipe, it makes it a neat fit in the tank and the hose will stay in while pumping.

So what happens when your grey water tank becomes full? Have you also bought a portable tank to catch the excess water? I just use a watering can to top up the tank and a collapsible silicone bucket to collect the grey water for disposal.

I carry a short hose with a funnel to feed into the water inlet and I then use the 5l Jerry can which I also use to hold drinking water ( even with water purification tablets I don’t like to use the MH fresh water supply for drinking).

Like Steve H I also have a collapsible bucket to drain off grey water. Not really enough space to carry a watering can as well.

This 2016 article discussed using an Aquaroll to fill a motorhome’s fresh-water tank

https://www.motorhomevoyager.co.uk/know-how/how-to/using-aquaroll-fill-fresh-tank/

747’s suggestion to fit an external 12V socket would be tidiest, though it is possible to obtain a kit with a long 12V cable that can be plugged into an internal 12V ‘cigar lighter’ socket.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/332116609049

(A forum SEARCH shows that the Aquaroll approach has come up quite often.)

vindiboy - 2021-07-15 10:01 AM

Me too what a lot of faffing about an Aqua Roll would be, each to their own of course.

And then where do you store it when travelling?

We have a 10 litre container and a funnel with a length of large beer hose which just fits into the filler neck and then stays put. I can fill 10 litres in under a minute and the container is easy to store.

Keith.

Quite often we are a long way from the water tap when on a THS. I got fed up of doing multiple trips with a 10 litre container, then filling by hand and would not consider carrying anything bigger than that. I can easily pull around 40 litres and let a pump do the filling.

As for space to carry the aquaroll, we have loads of it.

As was said, each to their own.

it depends on how much storage space you have , weight is not an issue. Or shouldn't be !

Our usage echos 747 comments. We hook up the 12v to a socket and pass the lead out the window to a pump. Luckily the socket window and water inlet are all with a metre of each other.

The water carrier is a 35litre solid container, we tried 20 litre collapsible containers but they were awkward to transport and more water was lost trying to put a submersible pump into them to transfer water.

The waste water is discarded into a double necked black container.

The whole lot moved around on a collapsible sack barrow. useful for shopping , moving gas canisters etc

The waste water and toilet are carried at the same time, held on by a bungee cord/

.Take your time sourcing the barrow some are more collapsible than others 8-) .

First one didn't survive the first trip back with full water container, the second was not very folding friendly, the third has lasted several years. It seems to be a one off purchase, I cannot find anything similar on the internet.

There should be some pics attached

Rgds

waste.png.ee71260ccc434a6f8f0ef35e0435fd33.png

35.png.368ca9f93e31997a54a4907572fbadf1.png

collapse.png.51295af47319e5763af87457967bc69c.png

I use a 5 litre watering can which I purchased for this purpose to top up the fresh water tank, Also have a 25 litre fresh water drum and very neat folding trolley.

The fresh water tank is 100 litres and also feeds the WC, the grey water tank is 130 litres so can get more time with out having to move if staying on the same site for more than a few days.

This July 2020 MHFun forum thread discussed the same thing

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/getting-water-from-fresh-water-barrel-aqua-roll-init-the-van.224221/

(I’m guessing that any 12V socket inside a motorhome will be wired (and appropriately fused) to able to handle the electrical demand of any pump likely to be employed to lift water from an external container like an Aquaroll - but it’s perhaps worth bearing in mind.)

Archived