Habitation Door Hinge

potus4388

Hello all.

On a recent trip to Devon and their very narrow roads I had to pull right over almost into a hedge to allow someone to pass. Now we are home I have discovered that part of the white plastic coated? hinge has been scraped off exposing a portion of bare metal towards the lower end.

Clearly I don't want any rust forming here and I would be very grateful for any advice on the best way to deal with this.

Hopefully someone will be able to pass on a tip.

Thank you.

Next month, I think 5 Sept, Eldiss are having their annual factory open day having been cancelled last year and IIRC they've got an on-site shop. We can't go this year due to family event, but a good weekend to Consett and Durham might elicit a spare? Couple of years ago I mentioned to one of the chaps about an issue with the interior wall joinng strip and where could I buy some. He came back five mins later with a roll. f.O.C.

A good day out for any m/h or caravan owner to see how these things are nailed together (lol)

Found the email I got back from Eldiss;

"Thank you for your email.

Our factory open day is the 4th and 5th of September.

If you visit elddis.co.uk/news/2022-open-weekend you will be able to register your free place now.

We look forward to seeing you."

Although that seems to indicate 2022 so ?????????

I believe you’ll find that the “2022” mentioned in the Elddis email relates to the company’s 2022 SEASON (ie. the 2022 model-year in old-speak) and not to when the open weekend occurs.

This is evident on the webpage you were given a (partial) link to

https://elddis.co.uk/news/2022-open-weekend

and here

https://www.prestoncm.co.uk/elddis-open-weekend-4th-5th-september/

Archived