Travel to EU countries explained.

Deffheads

I am having trouble understanding the Schengen rules. We are going to Spain for the whole of November this year [flying to an apartment]. Please explain, does the 180 day start from the first day we arrive? If we then went for January and February also when could we go again? As an example, if we arrive in Spain on the 30th Oct 2021 and return 30th November the 180 days would expire on 28th April 2022, could we then travel for the remainder of the 90 day allowance up until the 28th April and then spend a further 90 days in the new period?

I am still confused, old age maths! So, we are definitely going for the month of November 32 days. If we go again in February for the remaining 52 days when we be able to go again for 90 days? The calculator only allows one trip input.

I have used the calculator by putting in 2 trips, November 32 days and Feb/March 58 days. When can I go for a new 90 day stay?

Thanks for the screenshot, so we only have to be back for 90 days from the last trip to the beginning of a new 90 day allowance? That's not the way I understood, the count back is 180 days and the Feb/March trip falls in that period. THINK I'LL GO TO SCOTLAND!!!! If they let us in after independence!!!!

Kevin,

Do not think of it as 90 day or 180 blocks but as a rolling 180 days. So from any date count back or forwards 180 days and you must only be in Schengen for 90 of those days. So your allowance is constantly refreshing.

For example if your third trip was only for 38 days you could enter on 20th May 2022.

822075472_Screenshot2021-10-12171953.jpg.3167a8b6ef661bd273689e6fe60a626b.jpg

Archived