Labour.......China's useful idiots........

Guest pelmetman

Gremlin - 2022-01-16 7:54 PM

The OECD data shows U.K. exports to EU have recovered plus exports to non EU countries also increased such that we have now exceeded the economic position we were in just before Covid hit. However EU exports to the U.K. are still lower than pre-pandemic levels.

That's going to come as a bit of a shock to the ONS

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/nationalaccounts/balanceofpayments/bulletins/uktrade/november2021

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gremlin - 2022-01-16 10:34 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-16 10:05 PM

The OECD data shows U.K. exports to EU have recovered plus exports to non EU countries also increased such that we have now exceeded the economic position we were in just before Covid hit. However EU exports to the U.K. are still lower than pre-pandemic levels.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/nationalaccounts/balanceofpayments/bulletins/uktrade/november2021

In what way - I’m looking at the ONS “GDP monthly estimate U.K. November 2021”

I quote from Section 1 - Main Points

“ Gross domestic product (GDP) is estimated to have grown by 0.9% in November 2021 and is above its pre coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic level (February 2020) for the first time by 0.7%.

There is a nice interactive graph in Section 2 “Monthly GDP”. Though the hit to GDP due to Covid is so dramatic interaction is a bit pointless IMO.

In contrast the MQA data from Deutsche Bank predicts that the final GDP quarterly figures for Germany had declined between 0.5% and 1.0% in the fourth quarter of 2021.

I questioned your statement on imports and exports and you respond about GDP?

Gremlin - 2022-01-17 8:10 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-17 7:06 AM

Gremlin - 2022-01-16 10:34 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-16 10:05 PM

In what way - I’m looking at the ONS “GDP monthly estimate U.K. November 2021”

I quote from Section 1 - Main Points

“ Gross domestic product (GDP) is estimated to have grown by 0.9% in November 2021 and is above its pre coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic level (February 2020) for the first time by 0.7%.

There is a nice interactive graph in Section 2 “Monthly GDP”. Though the hit to GDP due to Covid is so dramatic interaction is a bit pointless IMO.

In contrast the MQA data from Deutsche Bank predicts that the final GDP quarterly figures for Germany had declined between 0.5% and 1.0% in the fourth quarter of 2021.

I questioned your statement on imports and exports and you respond about GDP?

Can’t believe you are that daft as to say that.

Definition:-

GDP - “Also known as National Income of a country over a given period of time. Total Imports and Total Exports are the essential components of a countries GDP. They are taken into account as ‘Net Exports’l

Source - Corporate Finance Institute.

I would direct you to the ONS definition https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/knowledgebank/what-is-gdp#:~:text=Gross%20domestic%20product%20or%20GDP%20is%20a%20measure%20of%20the,one%20quarter%20or%20one%20year).

Which states "Household spending forms the biggest part, accounting for about two thirds of GDP.", which will clearly cloud any detail on imports and exports. So to return to your original statement about imports and exports, what does the ONS report I linked to actually say?

And perhaps you could explain how the ONS report differs so greatly from YOUR interpretation of the OECD data.

So no, I'm not feeling daft. Are you?

Gremlin "The balance of Imports and Exports is the main driver for this."

And yet the Bank of England and ONS disagree with you "Household spending forms the biggest part, accounting for about two thirds of GDP." Whose statement should we give credence to?

So I can only conclude that your refusal to actually engage with the ONS import and export data is a tacit admission that your previous claims were incorrect based on your inability to interpret the OECD data correctly.

Gremlin - 2022-01-17 9:45 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-17 9:21 AM

Gremlin "The balance of Imports and Exports is the main driver for this."

And yet the Bank of England and ONS disagree with you "Household spending forms the biggest part, accounting for about two thirds of GDP." Whose statement should we give credence to?

So I can only conclude that your refusal to actually engage with the ONS import and export data is a tacit admission that your previous claims were incorrect based on your inability to interpret the OECD data correctly.

You will conclude whatever you want - but given that “Household Spending” is another measurement of a different aspect of the same data. You are conflating two sets of data that actually come from the same source.

Ask yourself “What makes up Household Spending?”

Household spending is derived in the main from what we import and export. I buy Green Beans from Kenya, I buy a car from Korea, I buy a fridge from Turkey.

So my household spending buys a lot of IMPORTS!!!

To give me the money to buy these imports, my firm EXPORTS goods and services to raise money so they can pay me.

So Household Spending is not separate to Imports and Exports, it is simply looking at the same overall data in a different way.

As I say, in your ignorance and belligerence you conflate the two.

You are trying very hard to avoid the ONS figures aren't you? Lets consider why?

Gremlin - 2022-01-16 7:54 PM "The OECD data shows U.K. exports to EU have recovered plus exports to non EU countries also increased such that we have now exceeded the economic position we were in just before Covid hit. However EU exports to the U.K. are still lower than pre-pandemic levels."

The ONS report says:

"Total trade, three-monthly and annual movements:

The total trade balance, excluding precious metals, decreased by £2.8 billion in the three months to November 2021. The total trade deficit is now £9.3 billion in the last three months. Total imports, excluding precious metals, increased by £5.2 billion to £165.7 billion while total exports, excluding precious metals, increased by £2.4 billion to £156.4 billion (Figure 4).

The primary driver for the decline in the total trade balance was the trade in goods balance, which decreased by £4.9 billion in the three months to November 2021. The trade in services surplus offset the trade in goods deficit, but not completely. Early estimates suggest the trade in services surplus increased by £2.1 billion in the three months to November 2021, increasing to £35.9 billion.

Imports of goods in November 2021 were £1.9 billion (4.6%) higher than November 2020 levels. Exports in November 2021 remained at the same levels to November 2020 (Table 2). As 2020 data were strongly impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we also compared them against 2018 trade data. When compared with November 2018, imports increased by £0.4 billion (1.0%) while exports decreased by £2.2 billion (7.4%).

Imports and exports of goods increased in the three months to November 2021 compared with the three months to November 2020. However, imports and exports both decreased when compared with the same period in 2018."

Gremlin - 2022-01-17 10:38 AM

This is getting tiresome

I state again - I have the ONS “GDP Monthy report for November 2021 in front of me.

Table of Contents

1 to 12

“ 1. Main Points

Gross domestic product (GDP) is estimated to have grown by 0.9% in November 2021 and is above its pre-coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic level (February 2020) for the first time, by 0.7%”

Points 2 to 12 follow.

But what you are really saying is all your guff on imports and exports was wrong, you just cannot bring yourself to admit it.

Gremlin - 2022-01-17 11:14 AM

Not at all - I am saying that Imports and Exports are part of GDP. I also said that U.K. exports to non EU markets matched exports to the EU. A very positive result given that post Brexit trade will now expand most probably to be greater than our previous exports to the EU.

You said "The OECD data shows U.K. exports to EU have recovered plus exports to non EU countries also increased such that we have now exceeded the economic position we were in just before Covid hit. However EU exports to the U.K. are still lower than pre-pandemic levels."

The ONS said ""Total trade, three-monthly and annual movements:

The total trade balance, excluding precious metals, decreased by £2.8 billion in the three months to November 2021. The total trade deficit is now £9.3 billion in the last three months. Total imports, excluding precious metals, increased by £5.2 billion to £165.7 billion while total exports, excluding precious metals, increased by £2.4 billion to £156.4 billion (Figure 4).

The primary driver for the decline in the total trade balance was the trade in goods balance, which decreased by £4.9 billion in the three months to November 2021. The trade in services surplus offset the trade in goods deficit, but not completely. Early estimates suggest the trade in services surplus increased by £2.1 billion in the three months to November 2021, increasing to £35.9 billion.

Imports of goods in November 2021 were £1.9 billion (4.6%) higher than November 2020 levels. Exports in November 2021 remained at the same levels to November 2020 (Table 2). As 2020 data were strongly impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we also compared them against 2018 trade data. When compared with November 2018, imports increased by £0.4 billion (1.0%) while exports decreased by £2.2 billion (7.4%).

Imports and exports of goods increased in the three months to November 2021 compared with the three months to November 2020. However, imports and exports both decreased when compared with the same period in 2018."

Who to believe?

Gremlin - 2022-01-17 11:44 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-17 11:29 AM

Gremlin - 2022-01-17 11:14 AM

Not at all - I am saying that Imports and Exports are part of GDP. I also said that U.K. exports to non EU markets matched exports to the EU. A very positive result given that post Brexit trade will now expand most probably to be greater than our previous exports to the EU.

You said "The OECD data shows U.K. exports to EU have recovered plus exports to non EU countries also increased such that we have now exceeded the economic position we were in just before Covid hit. However EU exports to the U.K. are still lower than pre-pandemic levels."

The ONS said ""Total trade, three-monthly and annual movements:

Who to believe?

It’s not really a question of “Belief”. The data is collated in all good faith and presented in good faith.

If you insist on cherry-picking the bits that you feel you can “believe” because it fits your narrative - then I really cannot help you.

Haha. Nice try, I'm the one dealing in facts, facts based on data produced by the ONS, who I believe.

But prove me wrong, take from the ONS report the data that supports your rash statement, which in reality you just made up and liked the sound of, because it is certainly not in any OECD data. "The OECD data shows U.K. exports to EU have recovered plus exports to non EU countries also increased such that we have now exceeded the economic position we were in just before Covid hit. However EU exports to the U.K. are still lower than pre-pandemic levels."

Gremlin - 2022-01-17 1:38 PM

Try this:-

www.ft.com/content/37eb7c9d-c4bf-498d-a5ab-ff28d9d2f9c8

“UK economy grew beyond pre-pandemic size before Omicron hit.”

Paywall.

Besides I'm not asking about the economy overall, I'm asking you to back up your made up statement about imports and exports.

Gremlin - 2022-01-17 2:17 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-17 1:44 PM

Gremlin - 2022-01-17 1:38 PM

Try this:-

www.ft.com/content/37eb7c9d-c4bf-498d-a5ab-ff28d9d2f9c8

“UK economy grew beyond pre-pandemic size before Omicron hit.”

Paywall.

Besides I'm not asking about the economy overall, I'm asking you to back up your made up statement about imports and exports.

Yes I know you are - and I refer you to my previous answers/posts where I have answered you in full.

But it is clear now what you are trying to achieve. I came on here because I stumbled across an group of Trolls who had sought to “own” Chatterbox. Nobody else bothered to post on Chatterbox apart from the four of you and and guy I now call The Ringmaster.

You suspect you feel aggrieved that an outsider has come in and challenges your “authority” - after all, you “own” this forum.

So you do what comes naturally to any Troll - you pick a topic, find a trivial fact and start with the Strawman arguments and the Ad Homs. It’s worked before for you such that everyone else gives up and leaves you and your three other minions to it.

Even just looking at your last post

“Besides I’m not asking about the economy overall, I’m asking you to back up your made up statements about imports and exports.”

Which I have done more than once. But the disconnect this wording you use demonstrates the Troll in you.

I am required to answer to you.

You REALLY need to be seen to be in charge

I have upset your little world here on Chatterbox and your don’t like it. When I found it - just four people and the Ringmaster. It was the funniest, saddest Mutual Admiration Society I had seen for a while.

You have created a “world” and seen off all other dissenting voices - then I come along and you really have to take me down you really have to score points.

I have to answer to you.

It’s the only way you can feel in control.

So please - refer to my previous posts where I have answered your twists and turns. I know this will not satisfy you and you might be silly enough to claim some sort of empiric “victory”.

But all your repetitive silly demands of me do is to demonstrate exactly what it is that you are.

You’re sad.

By that is a very long winded way to admit you were wrong.

As far as I am concerned Grumbling is certainly wrong about some of us on here (according to him) not wanting to be challenged and wanting to "own" the forum like its some little hide away for remoaners. I am sure I speak for all when I say I would love to be challenged and have a decent debate but its pointless with Grumbling (FunsterJohn) because even when he is proved wrong time and time again he is still right according to him. Pelmet being the last man standing is no challenge as all he does is spout bollox and insults.

Chatterbollox is not unique. The same thing has happened across all the forums. Johnson and Brexit supporters all left the building presumably because they ran out of arguments. Usually they leave in the form of a massive strop and a tirade of abuse. What the die hards have done now though is set up their own little cliques on social media but its pointless trying to debate with them there also as you either get blocked or just face the same tirade of abuse. Thankfully they are in ever diminishing numbers.

Bulletguy - 2022-01-16 6:35 PM

Gremlin - 2022-01-16 4:45 PM

Barryd999 - 2022-01-16 4:11 PM

Which bit do you take exception with and why?

Pointless now as its in the past but dont lets pretend there was ever more than a slim majority on one day in 2016 in favour of Brexit and lets not pretend that in the years that followed pretty much every poll showed a vote in favour of remain and certainly once we started to see exactly how crap it all looked there was a majority in favour of having a say on the outcome unless you can prove another version of history of course. Fire away.

So the one party that actually had the honesty to state that they WOULD take us back into the EU gets totally and utterly routed by the electorate and you think that because a few unrepresentative polls “sort of” indicated that a vocal minority would rather the vote went the other way, the world is all against you and by posting all sorts of nonsense on an obscure Forum you are going to make it all better.

True fantasy

How about you start "making it all better" by listing for us lesser mortals, the astounding benefits Brexit for every plain joe in the street, the Mr Average. There are millions of them out there still waiting.

The most vocal Brexiteer on here has been asked numerous times over the past five years and still cannot come up with anything. So desperate is he, he's now taken to begging for tips on how he can circumvent the 30 day rule…..something he vote for, but believed would only apply to those foreigner types.

Lets see if you can do any better.

Get listing.

Unlike you I don’t see things in either black or white. Of course there are both pros and cons.

The cons that made me vote remain were driven by my on laziness in that keeping things as they are/were was easier than ripping up a trading relationship we had had for decades.

But it was a close run thing. The way the EU was morphing into a totalitarian executive whereby the democratic process in each member state meant for nothing. The way the EU treated Cameron when he tried to improve things was dreadful. I did not like Cameron, but the EU peed all over him.

And just now, Hungary, Poland and Romania are battling with the EU because they also believe that when the joined the EU they did not sign over total control of their Countries Law making process.

Yes, the EU is a large market. But it’s also an unaccountable political behemoth. It gave Ford USA £80million to take a working dynamic Transit Factory and gave it to Turkey. Not an action that made the EU many friends in Southampton.

Closer to now, the EU’s vaccine rollout was poor. Really Poor. Ours was far far better. We were nimble and swift, the EU was over centralised and reliant on the ever wider expansion of its powers. VDL as President of the EC forbade member states from doing their own thing on vaccines.

If this is a sign of things to come then negotiating contracts and trade deals will be better for us to go it alone.

But Brexit has cause huge problems for many businesses - only a fool would deny it. But equally only a fool would deny that Brexit has and will continue to provide benefits and opportunities to the U.K. -and it is very early days.

But we have secured a zero tariff deal with the EU - something the Remaniacs said would be impossible. Yes there is an ongoing issue with NI - but hopefully this will be sorted soon. Let’s wait and see.

But there is much evidence of EU applying silly rules such as wrong ink colour on forms. And it is EU Physosanitary rules which prevent farmers exporting seed potatoes. We are now discovering just how Protectionist the EU is and how it uses petty rules as non-Tariff barriers to trade.

We fall foul of this now when trying to trade with the EU but are benefitting from a far more relaxed situation when trading with the rest of the world. In fact, new trading partners tell us of their EU tradIng frustrations and are keen to kick off new deals with the U.K., which is the 5th or 6th largest economy in the world depending on how you measure.

With deregulation, we are boosting trade and wealth by trading on better terms with WORLD markets.

The EU was planning a “Robin Hood” tax on every financial transaction - and seeing as the U.K. is the worlds leading financial markets guess who would lose and who would have benefitted from that little ruse.

And we have reclaimed our sovereignty

There is an immediate cost reduction for the UK as we no longer are one of the major contributors to the EU’s coffers.

We should be better able to control our borders and who can enter the U.K.

Wages are no longer driven down by the lowest common denominator of low EU wages making our minimum wage attractive to all and sundry.

We control who we now trade with Internationally.

Despite fears, foreign investment into the U.K. is good

Overall a very positive picture. There are negatives though. The 90 day visit rule, Britons living in the EU have hoops to jump through.

But it is barely a year. Give it 5-/10 years.

I asked for a list.......not an opinion piece, and what few "benefits" you've claimed also need citation, something i've noticed you rarely include.

Tariff free deals we had with the EU, most have been rolled over so aren't new but will undoubtedly come with caveats.

"With deregulation, we are boosting trade and wealth by trading on better terms with WORLD markets"......thats purely your personal opinion. Citation needed!

"Robin Hood tax"? I've no problem with taxing bankers.

As for "sovereignty" you haven't said how you're defining it but this explains the true definition very clearly, something neither side did at the time of the referendum; https://ukandeu.ac.uk/sovereignty-and-brexit-control-of-what-exactly/

As for border control, we always could control our borders and were perfectly free to do so IF we wanted to but it suited successive governments to ignore EU rulings on migration; https://www.bruegel.org/2017/02/questionable-immigration-claims-in-the-brexit-white-paper/

The average UK-based migrant from Europe contributed approximately £2,300 more to UK public finances in 2016/17 than the average UK adult. In comparison, each UK born adult contributed £70 less than the average, and each non-European migrant contributed over £800 less than the average. Migrants who arrived in 2016 will make a total net positive contribution of £26.9 billion to the UK’s public finances.

https://www.oxfordeconomics.com/recent-releases/8747673d-3b26-439b-9693-0e250df6dbba

Five million Hong Kongers are on their way and have been arriving in the UK or applying to come here - on average - at a rate of 2,500 a week since January 2021. There has been scant media coverage of this as right wing rag media is more preoccupied with going into meltdown over a few desperate folk in rubber boats crossing the Channel.

https://tinyurl.com/2s6wmxmb

Gremlin - 2022-01-16 10:16 PM

Bulletguy - 2022-01-16 6:35 PM

Gremlin - 2022-01-16 4:45 PM

Barryd999 - 2022-01-16 4:11 PM

Which bit do you take exception with and why?

Pointless now as its in the past but dont lets pretend there was ever more than a slim majority on one day in 2016 in favour of Brexit and lets not pretend that in the years that followed pretty much every poll showed a vote in favour of remain and certainly once we started to see exactly how crap it all looked there was a majority in favour of having a say on the outcome unless you can prove another version of history of course. Fire away.

So the one party that actually had the honesty to state that they WOULD take us back into the EU gets totally and utterly routed by the electorate and you think that because a few unrepresentative polls “sort of” indicated that a vocal minority would rather the vote went the other way, the world is all against you and by posting all sorts of nonsense on an obscure Forum you are going to make it all better.

True fantasy

How about you start "making it all better" by listing for us lesser mortals, the astounding benefits Brexit for every plain joe in the street, the Mr Average. There are millions of them out there still waiting.

The most vocal Brexiteer on here has been asked numerous times over the past five years and still cannot come up with anything. So desperate is he, he's now taken to begging for tips on how he can circumvent the 30 day rule…..something he vote for, but believed would only apply to those foreigner types.

Lets see if you can do any better.

Get listing.

I forgot the Tampon Tax - immediately post Brexit.......

You cannot claim that as a Brexit victory. *-)

Laura Coryton started the Stop Taxing Periods campaign in May 2014 while a student at Goldsmiths said, “It is a day for celebration today, but it is just frustrating that the tampon tax is being used as a political football in terms of Brexit.”

https://tinyurl.com/4pb2z9tr

Gremlin - 2022-01-17 4:59 PM

Not so - and I think I have found the disconnect

Have a look at the Dates

You are citing ONS data from 2018

Why you are doing this when Covid arrived late 2019 early 2020 is something you might like to explain.

Which is probably why the ONS report clearly states:

"Imports of goods in November 2021 were £1.9 billion (4.6%) higher than November 2020 levels. Exports in November 2021 remained at the same levels to November 2020 (Table 2). As 2020 data were strongly impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we also compared them against 2018 trade data. When compared with November 2018, imports increased by £0.4 billion (1.0%) while exports decreased by £2.2 billion (7.4%).

Feel free to keep digging. You are making Pelmethead look like one of the intelligentsia.

Gremlin - 2022-01-18 8:45 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-17 9:39 PM

However, yesterday the EU reported an overall trade deficit. Which compared to the regular surplus it got used to - is a bit of a shock.

France alone reported a €9.7billion deficit last month. And Germany had imports exceeding exports.

Source?

Gremlin - 2022-01-18 9:51 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-18 8:56 AM

Gremlin - 2022-01-18 8:45 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-17 9:39 PM

However, yesterday the EU reported an overall trade deficit. Which compared to the regular surplus it got used to - is a bit of a shock.

France alone reported a €9.7billion deficit last month. And Germany had imports exceeding exports.

Source?

Telegraph today

The Eurozone’s trade deficit exposes its industrial decline.

Mathew Lynn

6:00am

Paywall. Care to cut and paste the piece as I'm not giving any money to the Barclays in their offshore island.

Gremlin - 2022-01-19 8:24 AM

The FCA gets tough with EU firms

The FCA issued a stark warning to hundreds of European Banks, fund managers and brokers using its temporary permission scheme without meeting U.K. standards. It has recently thrown out four EU firms that failed to meet U.K. Standards. This seems to have woken the EU up to what is a problem of their making.

It seems that the FCA said to them - “put up, or shut up” as the EU threatened that London jobs would be lost as much of the day to day financial transactions carried out on behalf of EU member states would leave London and go to Europe.

Project Fear said that 200,000 jobs would be lost in the City. It didn’t happen.

In fact, the EU has just capitulated in that Brussels has now been forced to allow the clearing of EU trades in London. A new review date is set for three years time.

This is a huge climb down by the EU and a welcome recognition of the U.K.’s expertise.

According to this report it was 10000 jobs they thought would be lost and its not far off. They say there will be winners and losers but from this article it seems to me the main winners are the EU.

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/brexit-city-ps1tn-jobs-relocate-brussels-b930095.html

Gremlin - 2022-01-20 7:26 AM

Barryd999 - 2022-01-19 9:04 AM

The FCA issued a stark warning to hundreds of European Banks, fund managers and brokers using its temporary permission scheme without meeting U.K. standards. It has recently thrown out four EU firms that failed to meet U.K. Standards. This seems to have woken the EU up to what is a problem of their making.

It seems that the FCA said to them - “put up, or shut up” as the EU threatened that London jobs would be lost as much of the day to day financial transactions carried out on behalf of EU member states would leave London and go to Europe.

Project Fear said that 200,000 jobs would be lost in the City. It didn’t happen.

In fact, the EU has just capitulated in that Brussels has now been forced to allow the clearing of EU trades in London. A new review date is set for three years time.

This is a huge climb down by the EU and a welcome recognition of the U.K.’s expertise.

According to this report it was 10000 jobs they thought would be lost and its not far off. They say there will be winners and losers but from this article it seems to me the main winners are the EU.

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/brexit-city-ps1tn-jobs-relocate-brussels-b930095.html

By the way - could I just point out to people that The Evening Standard was the paper that George Osbourne became Editor of, after he left politics having been Chancellor under Cameron where he was one of the main drivers of Project Fear.

So who said there would be 200000 jobs lost in the financial sector?

Gremlin - 2022-01-20 11:39 AM

Barryd999 - 2022-01-20 9:10 AM

By the way - could I just point out to people that The Evening Standard was the paper that George Osbourne became Editor of, after he left politics having been Chancellor under Cameron where he was one of the main drivers of Project Fear.

That was widely quoted - just Google it

Also Google the Treasury Briefing dated 23May 2016 - it’s headed:-

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 jobs lost if it left the EU, Treasury analysis shows.”

Cameron and Osbourne are listed next to HM Treasury.

Other predictions were that GDP would decline by 3.6%

And house prices would fall by 10%

But what happened was that by 2018

GDP had risen by just over 3%

Unemployment had fallen by 280,000

And house prices rose by 7%.

Oh! - and George Osbourne was now Editor of the Evening Standard………

Can you provide a source please because this sounds to me just like George Osbornes spin? Which of course has been discussed on here several times.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2022-01-20 11:52 AM

Britain to enter recession with 500,000 jobs lost if it left the EU, Treasury analysis shows.”

Can you provide a source please because this sounds to me just like George Osbornes spin? Which of course has been discussed on here several times.

Discussed??? 8-) ..........

Dontcha mean spun by you LOSERS to make excuses their project fear bollox's (lol) (lol) (lol)

pelmetman - 2022-01-20 11:55 AM ..................................

Dontcha mean spun by you LOSERS to make excuses their project fear bollox's (lol) (lol) (lol)

That spinning was all Osborne. You can't blame anyone else for that. Osborne had a history degree, not economics, so he might have been better advised to stick to what he knew than to pronounce on what he didn't. Seems to be something of a Tory trait, that! :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2022-01-20 1:01 PM

pelmetman - 2022-01-20 11:55 AM ..................................

That spinning was all Osborne. You can't blame anyone else for that. Osborne had a history degree, not economics, so he might have been better advised to stick to what he knew than to pronounce on what he didn't. Seems to be something of a Tory trait, that! :-D

Nope.......YOU LOSERS jumped on his bandwagon with abandon *-) ........

Even now you cant admit that Brexit hasn't turned into the pigs ear that you LOSERS had HOPED! >:-) ......

Carry on being a miserable LOSER for all I care ;-) ........

Brexit Blighty will carry on without you B-) .........

pelmetman - 2022-01-20 6:40 PM.........................

Even now you cant admit that Brexit hasn't turned into the pigs ear that you LOSERS had HOPED! >:-) ......

So, being a humble seeker after truth, it would be premature for me to make such a claim. :-D

But, just as the (now six years old) forecasts that you and your mate Osborne both misunderstood were showing, the trend-line is so far fairly consistently downward. Forecasts show a direction of travel, not the end point (which lies at infinity).

In response, all you do is try to comfort yourself by picking on the flimsiest, most transient, signs of any uptick anywhere, and persuade yourself, against the balance of the current evidence, that everything else is going up as well.

Hence, you think the present increases in pay levels are good news, neglecting the facts that a) those increases are only "good" for those getting them, while everyone else will have to pay the increased prices they bring and b) that even those with pay increases are enjoying fools gold, because the resulting price increases will soon catch up with them as well. It is called a wage-price spiral Dave, (a form of inflation) but you're (apparently) too young to know about that. With that form of inflation, everyone loses. We've been there before, and it wasn't funny. So, no "win" there! :-S

Gremlin - 2022-01-20 4:36 PM

Barryd999 - 2022-01-20 11:52 AM

Certainly - tho you are childlike and tiresome in not being able to check out the info yourself.

The Independent -Tue 10th Jan 2017 @ 14:39

Zlata Rodionova - reports on the recent Treasury Select committee meeting:-

“BREXIT: LONDON FINANCIAL HUB COULD LOSE MORE THAN 200,000 JOBS AMID UNCERTAINTY LSE BOSS WARNS

……screams the Headline

“Speaking to MP’s on the Treasury Select Committee Xavier Rolet (Former CEO of the London Stock Exchange and now Head of the LSE) said LSE customers “would not wait for clarity over Britains divorce from the EU before moving.”

Rolet claimed that 230,000 jobs could be lost.

Pure Project Fear.

Edit

Actually- do me and everyone else a favour and Google

“Xavier Rolet predicts Brexit City job loses”

Go on!!

Educate yourself

You know you want to….

Would you like me to educate you in how to copy and paste a link? Its really not that difficult.

Archived