Portugal - Cat C1 and down rating moho weight

Barcobird

. But here in belgium it goes this way to pass our MOT. Any change in weight should pass EC rules stage 2 and3 in your case. Any change in stage2 may only be done by a COP company. They provide new plate under the bonnet. And than a new plate stage 3. All for money. ALKO has a different rear brake cable than fiat. Your ABS should also be checked.

It is true that you get a new plate and V5C if up or down rating but only after a Design Weight Certificate [VTG6R] has been provided by a DVLA authorised body such as SvTech or Van Weight Services. The plate does not have to be metal and it can be a self adhesive.

A Certificate of Conformity [C of C] is a document issued by a manufacturer, certifying that a vehicle has been produced under the same production processes and systems as an example of the type which has achieved Type Approval. . Manufacturers do provide a specific C of C when weight changes are an option at manufacture e.g. 3500kg or 3650kg. I cannot see how this could be altered at a later date as it was a record at the time of manufacture.

Of course it could be claimed that the vehicle no longer meets the all of technical specifications listed in the original C of C. In the event of authorised changes in the UK by an approved body The Design Weight Certificate is the authority.

It is true that some countries do not allow any variation from the technical specifications listed in the C of C e.g. insistence that CP tyres are fitted if listed on the C of C.

2017 Pilote G741 models came in several versions (the "G" prefix identifies a model in Pilote's "Galaxy" A-class range). I don't think Barcobird has ever said which version he has, but it probably doesn't much matter as gross-vehicle-weight-wise the same criteria applied to all of them.

G741 models were sold as standard based on a 'light' Fiat/AL-KO chassis with a GVW of 3500kg. A 'heavy' Fiat/AL-KO chassis could be specified as a cost-option and the GVW was then 4500kg.

Only a GVW of 3500kg or 4500kg was available and a G741 would have been homologated at one or the other. If 'heavy' G741s were being marketed in 2017 with a GVW of 4250kg with a Pilote factory option of a 4500kg GVW instead, Pilote MIGHT now be prepared to officially authorise a 250kg reduction of a 'heavy' G741's 4500kg GVW, but a 4250kg GVW 'heavy' G741 wasn't marketed by Pilote in 2017.

(Revising a motorcaravan's GVW (usually upwards) has been discussed in French motorhome magazines and the advice given has been that this would only be possible in France if the manufacturer offered an identical model that had the GVW that was being sought.)

Derek Uzzell - 2022-02-10 2:12 PM

2017 Pilote G741 models came in several versions (the "G" prefix identifies a model in Pilote's "Galaxy" A-class range). I don't think Barcobird has ever said which version he has, but it probably doesn't much matter as gross-vehicle-weight-wise the same criteria applied to all of them.

.)

It’s on every post Brian (lol)

I have now emailed Alko to see if they can reduce it thn pass it on to Pilote. I think this is the last resort other than me taking the HGV test in Portugal, that should be fun 8-) *-)

Barcobird - 2022-02-10 2:26 PM

It’s on every post Brian (lol)

I have now emailed Alko to see if they can reduce it thn pass it on to Pilote. I think this is the last resort other than me taking the HGV test in Portugal, that should be fun 8-) *-)

Sorry Derek I keep calling you Brian, don’t know why :-(

Peter

I sold my motorhome in Belgium whit alko chassis 3500-3700-3850- burstner. plated 3500.The buyer had c licence and want a 3850 plate not under the bonnet but in the door entrance. Burstner provided this for 220 DM. I warned the buyer about the real axle loads in service. And tyres.

Keithl - 2022-02-10 3:01 PM

Barcobird - 2022-02-10 2:34 PM

Peter

Peter,

Edit your post quickly and he may not notice :D

Too late...

For their 2017 collection (model-year) Pilote marketed 3 variants of the Galaxy G741. The model identifiers were G741C, G741GJ or G741J, and each of these was offered in Sensation, Essential or Emotion equipment/trim levels. For the following year's collection Pilote retained the G741C, G741GJ and G741J identifiers, with G741FC and G741FGJ identifiers being added for the 2019 collection.

https://www.pilote-motorhome.uk/wp-content/uploads//flipbooks/pdf/GT_Pilote_2018_web_UK.pdf

The G741C, G741GJ and G741J all had an L-shaped seating layout in the front lounge. The G741C had a rear island bed. The G741GJ and G741J both had a pair of rear single beds, but the former had its bathroom facilities near the centre of the motorhome, while the G741J had a transverse bathroom at the very rear behind the beds. I'm guessing that a "C" suffix indicates a layout with a rear island bed, a "J" indicates a pair of single beds, and a "G" indicates a storage garage.

As far as I'm aware Pilote did not market a 741G model during the 2017/2018 model-years.

Derek Uzzell - 2022-02-10 6:48 PM

Keithl - 2022-02-10 3:01 PM

Barcobird - 2022-02-10 2:34 PM

Peter

Peter,

Edit your post quickly and he may not notice :D

Too late...

For their 2017 collection (model-year) Pilote marketed 3 variants of the Galaxy G741. The model identifiers were G741C, G741GJ or G741J, and each of these was offered in Sensation, Essential or Emotion equipment/trim levels. For the following year's collection Pilote retained the G741C, G741GJ and G741J identifiers, with G741FC and G741FGJ identifiers being added for the 2019 collection.

https://www.pilote-motorhome.uk/wp-content/uploads//flipbooks/pdf/GT_Pilote_2018_web_UK.pdf

The G741C, G741GJ and G741J all had an L-shaped seating layout in the front lounge. The G741C had a rear island bed. The G741GJ and G741J both had a pair of rear single beds, but the former had its bathroom facilities near the centre of the motorhome, while the G741J had a transverse bathroom at the very rear behind the beds. I'm guessing that a "C" suffix indicates a layout with a rear island bed, a "J" indicates a pair of single beds, and a "G" indicates a storage garage.

As far as I'm aware Pilote did not market a 741G model during the 2017/2018 model-years.

DEREK :-D I ordered the Moho in 2016 and took delivery in Feb 2017 it was sold to me as a 741G sensation and has an island bed which goes up and down to give more garage space which will hold a scooter.

Peter

DEREK :-D I ordered the Moho in 2016 and took delivery in Feb 2017 it was sold to me as a 741G sensation and has an island bed which goes up and down to give more garage space which will hold a scooter.

Peter

I have the 2017 catalogue in front of me. Are you sure the actual designation was not G741C Sensation? [ G = Galaxy range]

There are three G741 models:

C = island bed with garage [bed can be fixed or with option of raising / lowering]

GJ = high twin beds with garage

J= low twin beds with rear washroom

J = jumeau means twin in French

I agree - it's either a G741C or a G741FC.

Both models have a central rear island bed that can have height adjustability (demonstrated on this YouTube video)

The difference is in the layout of the front lounge. The G741C lounge has an L-shaped settee and an inwards-facing bench seat, whereas the lounge of the G741FC has two inwards-facing bench seats.

Pilote has habitually used the same numeric identifiers (eg. "741") repeatedly over the years, while altering the specification of the motorhomes to which the identifier applies. However - as I said earlier - in Barcobird's case this doesn't really matter as all G741 models in the Pilote collections from which his motorhome must have come had just two possible GVW values - 4500kg or 3500kg.

G741C.png.17fbe215c4f4a674233a554f2d7d1122.png

G741FC.jpg.63c0390a2da28e087087c08b482f268e.jpg

Derek Uzzell - 2022-02-11 9:00 AM

I agree - it's either a G741C or a G741FC.

Just to complete the record the FC model was not an option in the 2017 or 2018 model ranges. I believe it was first introduced in the 2019 model range.

But you have to got every year to the Mot. Which is different to your personals car where you can get year bonus. Interesting in corona times where you have pile half of the day and have to start your engine many times. to follow.

Derek Uzzell - 2022-02-11 11:16 AM

A Galaxy G741C it must be then.

As you've said, the "FC" version appears in the 2019 collection, with the full 741 range then comprising C, GJ, FC, FGJ and J variants.

COC confirms your findings, never really noticed it before. Still doesn't solve my problem :-(

740410787_outabout.jpg.b7c47430fee1b889919ca906a518cf4d.jpg

Archived