Bike Rack

Vee01

My previous MH was an AT Tracker FB 2015 model with the previous style round spare wheel cover. Fiamma made a model specific two bike rack that fitted over the spare wheel. I had one fitted by the dealer that worked fine. If you have the later model spare wheel cover you would need to confirm Fiamma has a kit to suit. I would buy another Fiamma bike rack if I still had a bike. Cheers,

Assuming your van back panel has built in anchor points you will need to know what weight limit your back panel can take. Ours is 50kg and we too have electric bikes.

Lifting 2 bikes up high may be an issue but Fiamma does a rack which lowers the rack to a suitable height. Supplied and fitted would cost in the region of £1100.

Alternative is to go down tow bar fitted rack,route but cost if you currently have to have tow bar fitted likely to be similar to above.

Best of luck.

Hi all,

We also have 2 electric bikes and have just bought one of these, BR systems bike lift, can carry up to 60kg and lowers the bike rack to 20cm above the ground. No more heavy lifting.

Fitted on the same brackets as the original Thule bike rack.

I would suggest that a Thule ebike carrier on a tow bar could be a way to go. Also means that a trailer could be used if loads get over your limit. Always useful to have spare capacity. ??

Having seen a bike rack plus bikes and part of the rear of a motor home part company from the rest of the mhome whilst travelling over a speed bump, I have been suspicions of rear mounted racks on the body work.

Those of a mathematical bent could offer some indication of the forces involved in loads being bounced up and down when travelling.

Rgds

Archived