Omnistep relay location Adria Coral 680 SL 2006

freeflow

We got an Adria Coral 680 SL 2006 Fiat motorhome with an electric omnistep which is playing up with an intermittent fault of not working and i am trying to find the relay, has anybody got an idea where it would be? Have you got a wiring diagram?

If the relay is not close to the step it may be worth looking behind the fridge , through its outside vents , as the fridge and step both use a D+ signal in their operation and Adria may have put it there.

British built Motorhomes of around your year often had these relays near the battery under the bonnet and if your relays are not behind the fridge it may also be worth looking there.

I

freeflow - 2022-08-28 7:13 AM

We got an Adria Coral 680 SL 2006 Fiat motorhome with an electric omnistep which is playing up with an intermittent fault of not working and i am trying to find the relay, has anybody got an idea where it would be? Have you got a wiring diagram?

You have not stated in what way your step fails to operate. The only function of the relay is to control the auto retract function.

If your step fails to extend or retract from the manual switch, the fault could be in the switch, but it could also be the case that the step mechanism needs cleaning and lubricating, or perhaps you have alrteady done this? I am hoping to attach a copy of the Omnistep diagram, this diagram shows the relay being controlled by the ignition switch rather than from D+. See my comments on diagram.

Alan

Omnistep Wiring Instructions.pdf

Alanb - 2022-08-28 10:13 PM

freeflow - 2022-08-28 7:13 AM

You have not stated in what way your step fails to operate. The only function of the relay is to control the auto retract function.

If your step fails to extend or retract from the manual switch, the fault could be in the switch, but it could also be the case that the step mechanism needs cleaning and lubricating, or perhaps you have alrteady done this? I am hoping to attach a copy of the Omnistep diagram, this diagram shows the relay being controlled by the ignition switch rather than from D+. See my comments on diagram.

Alan

It is an intermittent fault, not going in or out at times, but always going in/retracts with relay, I had it dismantled and tested on the workbench and all individual parts work, motor, switch near motor etc, but at times after use, the voltage drops on the circuit to 10 volts and it does not work, turn on the engine and everything is back to normal,it works again, then after a while, it stops and the voltage dropped again, even if step not connected and the only other item I can see being at fault is relay.

Can you establish if the low voltage is because of low supply voltage or poor ground.

Measure the positive side of the supply with your meter grounded somewhere other than the step wiring and then measure the resistance of the ground wire to your known good ground.

Keith.

Archived