How many of this model were produced?

david lloyd

Several UK motorhome manufacturers have chosen to use more than one brand-name simultaneously. Swift/Bessacarr, Auto-Sleepers/Orian, Autocruise/Pioneer, Compass/Buccaneer are some examples.

I've no idea what prompted Autocruise to build motorhomes carrying the Pioneer name. Try asking the Autocruise Motorhome Owners group on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/282170918832381/?locale=en_GB

or Martin Watts might know.

Thanks Derek. Onecal suggested the Autocruise Owners Club previously but I’m not a social media user. I had also contacted Martin Watts at MMM (who subsequently responded in the January 2023 issue). He too was unclear as to how many were produced but did conclude that it is a model that is likely to become a classic of the future.

Although I had my reservations regarding using the ‘Pioneer’ brand name back in 2005/6, I don’t have any such reservations now. The Renoir is proving to be up there with the best of any previous Motorhomes we have had - of which there are many! - for a variety of reasons , chief amongst them being it suits our needs down to the ground.

I don’t think I will ever get to know how many were produced but recognise the fact that you don’t see many out and about or advertised for sale. It was, to some extent, curiosity on my part that I thought may confirm my suspicion (Hope?) that it would one day be a modern classic and therefore well worth looking after.

I am grateful to everyone who has taken an interest in the thread and/or contributed.

David

26 minutes ago, david lloyd said:

Thanks Derek. Onecal suggested the Autocruise Owners Club previously but I’m not a social media user...

Plenty of motorhome 'clubs' have chosen to set up a Facebook group, as it means that the club does not have to use its own resources to host its 'networking'.

I joined Facebook a long time ago when I really needed to get in touch with my county council and Facebook was the best way to do it at the time. Facebook can be infuriating, but it's easy enough nowadays to deactivate/delete one's account if one so wishes. (My own Facebook account is dormant - I haven't used it for years, but it's there should I ever want to revive it.)

As the Autocruise Motorhome Owners group on Facebook is the logical place to seek information  about the history of Autocruise/Pioneer, you could join that group (which will involve setting up a Facebook account) ask your questions and then delete the Facebook account at a later stage.

(On-line information is that Autocruise was born in 1988 and adverts suggest the company began to use the Pioneer brand-name in 2001.)