Buy a motorhome . All papers lost. Sans papiers.

Hans

Hans,

If the MH is a UK registered vehicle then yes it is possible. Either the current owner or a new owner if already sold applies to the DVLA for a new V5 logbook and that is all that is required.

The MOT and road fund licence (road tax) are now electronic so there is no paperwork to lose. 

Keith.

That is a nice comment. What is proof of ownership? I have friend in belgium who Saw nice Mh in the Nl . to Buy. No papers. In nl Dvla is RDw. Still  for sale. But  i said still wait. till igave you the green light to pay. Toget it on paper in belgium. Any comments Welcome.

In the UK you can do a credit check that should tell you if it's still got outstanding credit and I'm sure there are checks available to let you know if it's stolen.  The NICB has a VIN database of stolen vehicles that they maintain with the help of law enforcement and insurance companies. 

59 minutes ago, Hans said:

That is a nice comment. What is proof of ownership? I have friend in belgium who Saw nice Mh in the Nl . to Buy. No papers. In nl Dvla is RDw. Still  for sale. But  i said still wait. till igave you the green light to pay. Toget it on paper in belgium. Any comments Welcome.

So MH is registered in the Netherlands? If so then you really need to ask someone who lives in the Netherlands.

Archived