crit air sticker

teccer

I've got a hymer 694B first registered 2001 and tried to get a crit air sticker but it says not for this vehicle, so if I want to drive down to Spain through France via rouen is it possible.?

also has anybody had a problem with the blind spot stickers not on their van ?

My mate got done on the N137 just south of Rennes only a couple of weeks ago for not having an Angles Morts sticker.

His van [4.2t] doesn't look over 3.5 t [but it obviously is]  It's a Knaus Sun coachbuilt, but they pulled him and gave him a 80 euro on the spot fine.

I think on some of the major trunk routes there are weight sensors, and I did notice another [different style] camera that I'd not seen before, as I left the Rennes peripherique when I visited in August.

My french neighbour says there is the same set up around Nantes too.

I guess you takes yer chances........

1 hour ago, thebishbus said:

Your vehicle is too old for a sticker, but you will find a route through arears that require one.

Brian B.

how? in the past when going via rouen as we leave the tunnel and approach the river we normally turn left and stay on the E side if the river until we're passed rouen

14 minutes ago, teccer said:

I'm beginning to think the ferry from south coast to north Spain is looking better all the time

with this new website I notice that I'm a newcomer with 3 comments only, I've been using this motorhome matters for ages with many post ????

1 hour ago, thebishbus said:

teccer. The clean air zone is inside the main ring road. The ring road, and outside of it are crit air sticker free. So you can use any approach  road.

Brian B.

Many thanks Brian, that would explain when we returned home May 2020 mainly on motorway we never saw any signs about the crti'air zones

17 hours ago, Globebuster1 said:

My mate got done on the N137 just south of Rennes only a couple of weeks ago for not having an Angles Morts sticker.

His van [4.2t] doesn't look over 3.5 t [but it obviously is]  It's a Knaus Sun coachbuilt, but they pulled him and gave him a 80 euro on the spot fine.

I think on some of the major trunk routes there are weight sensors, and I did notice another [different style] camera that I'd not seen before, as I left the Rennes peripherique when I visited in August.

My french neighbour says there is the same set up around Nantes too.

I guess you takes yer chances........

where can I get a copy to download of the Angles Morts sticker. and where to place them on a LHD van.

just in case!!!!

2 hours ago, teccer1234 said:

Many thanks Brian, that would explain when we returned home May 2020 mainly on motorway we never saw any signs about the crti'air zones

The LEZ was not operational in Rouen until about August this year, hence you didn't see any signs in 2020.

As far as Angles Morts stickers are concerned, you can buy them easliy online eg Ebay Amazon etc. The only "legal" ones have a truck or a bus graphic. As far as I am aware the ones with a Motorhome graphic are not legal. They need to be affixed on each front door and on the rear RHS between 0.9 and 1.5 metres high. I made up some removable magnetic ones for the front doors (you can also buy these) and a sticker on a thin ali sheet for the rear which was simply attached with suction cups. We didn't actually use them as our Benimar doesnt look like an HGV van over 3500Kg, (It's actually rated to 3850Kg). I didn't want to draw attention to the fact that it was over 3500Kg, as we often drive on small roads where that is the weight limit (usually by mistake!) 

They are "apparently" only required in Urban areas, but how that is defined , only the French know!

This article gives you all the info you need:- https://www.wandering-bird.com/france-blind-spot-warning-stickers-motorhomes/

Jeremy

Archived