Sat Dish

michele

long time no speak to those that know me & those that don’t hello . Hoping for some help with a sat problem and this website , it I don’t get back please know I’m trying to work out this new forum stuff . My sat dish Telecom will give me anything but not Astra . It spins and spins so do I need to go get it fixed or get a patch . Thanks in advance . 

Try choosing a different sat in the search box.most systems will know where other sat’s are using the one they lock onto as a ref. We have found when in Portugal up high if we cant find Astra 2 we select another sat when it finds that one and locks then select Astra 2 most time it seem to concentrate the search patten in a smaller arc and will lock on.

1 hour ago, Brian Kirby said:

Blimey, there's blast from the past - and they let you back in!!  🙂  I can't help with the satellite dish, but welcome home Michele.  🙂 🙂  BTW, you haven't changed a bit!

Lol Brian I’ve missed you all . I’ve not changed at all thank you for noticing many kisses , I wished . Hope you are well have to catch up with you all xxx

1 hour ago, Klyne said:

The dish controller probably needs a software update. If you go to the Telecom website they may have them there to download. I had the same problem with sat dish on my old motorhome and an update solved the problem. 

David

Oh boy I’m so not used to this new forum what that old age . Thank you David still here then . 

1 hour ago, weldted said:

Try choosing a different sat in the search box.most systems will know where other sat’s are using the one they lock onto as a ref. We have found when in Portugal up high if we cant find Astra 2 we select another sat when it finds that one and locks then select Astra 2 most time it seem to concentrate the search patten in a smaller arc and will lock on.

Oh we give up in the end . Thank you very much I’m showing this to hubby whom has a far better understanding then I , boys toys I call them . Thanks for the reply .

1 hour ago, Klyne said:

The dish controller probably needs a software update. If you go to the Telecom website they may have them there to download. I had the same problem with sat dish on my old motorhome and an update solved the problem. 

David

1 hour ago, weldted said:

As these posts, the frequencies that the dish locks on can and do change, especially on Astra 2, to double check try and get Astra 1 as this rarely changes.

Hopefully you can just do a 'simple' update from the manufacturers website, although sometimes you have to buy a new circuit board, my sat system will only lock on to Astra1 the manufactures won't update so I have to 'manually adjust' which is a pain.

1 minute ago, colin said:

As these posts, the frequencies that the dish locks on can and do change, especially on Astra 2, to double check try and get Astra 1 as this rarely changes.

Hopefully you can just do a 'simple' update from the manufacturers website, although sometimes you have to buy a new circuit board, my sat system will only lock on to Astra1 the manufactures won't update so I have to 'manually adjust' which is a pain.

I hope not I’ve had no use out of this van as yet and always seems to be a problem with it . Some days I just give up and wonder why we have it . Thanks for the reply again showing him indoors he will make sense of the above , cheers 

3 hours ago, laimeduck said:

Same as Brian Michelle - hello again ..... long time no see. What ya been up to?

3 hours ago, Keithl said:

Hi Michele,

So what van have you got now? Nothing as big as the AT I assume 😃

Keith.

Not been up to much just bought a farm in Wales well daughter has and we going with them . I think I left and got fed up because I can’t really help many with anything it’s all over my head . Second question Keith no not as big same ones we have had for 6 years now never used low mileage what with covid etc and illness for both of us . It’s the Rapido 9005 nice van cozy and warm . I’ve missed you all in a funny way can’t get my head around this new forum and I’m sure I’m ignoring people . Why do they change things that work or is it me . Xx

image.png

Archived