Hotel Staff

B Dobson

One was wondering that given our country is currently very very popular with foreign travellers sailing over here looking for cheap hotel accommodation and that due to the current busy period most hotels are booked out for months on end just who is feeding, cleaning, hosting etc these tourists as I was made aware by a valuable member on here most of the hospitality workers have returned to the EU and we really dont have any? I certainly wouldn't book into a hotel, especially some of these luxury hotels if there are no staff . Many thanks for any replies 

Solutions:

1. Offer yourself as a cleaning staff. The British economy will benefit.

2. Stay home, no one will notice.

3. If you have one, travel by motorhome.

Please don't clog up Spain and Portugal which are already too full of pale-buttocked Brits.

Pay attention to the 90/180 rule.

1 hour ago, Barryd999 said:

Maybe this is why they are putting them up in swanky hotels, they are the only ones that have any staff.  Travel Lodge etc dont do food.

Me and the hubby always stay in the cheaper option hotels like Travel Lodge when we do gigs . I'm sure  I saw staff in all of the hotels as they wear uniforms and I most definitely did see kitchen staff serving food even though they "don't do food" . Barryd999 the Master of Misinformation strikes again 

5 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

Me and the hubby always stay in the cheaper option hotels like Travel Lodge when we do gigs . I'm sure  I saw staff in all of the hotels as they wear uniforms and I most definitely did see kitchen staff serving food even though they "don't do food" . Barryd999 the Master of Misinformation strikes again 

Ah well maybe they went up market or summat.🤣  Last one I stayed at near Oxford had a vending machine. I think there was maybe one of those happy eater deep fried everything "eateries" next door but I never went in. 

5 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

Ah well maybe they went up market or summat.🤣  Last one I stayed at near Oxford had a vending machine. I think there was maybe one of those happy eater deep fried everything "eateries" next door but I never went in. 

My parents always told me to tell the truth then you don't end up looking silly and have to backtrack . Not all parents did the same it seems BFN 

1 hour ago, B Dobson said:

My parents always told me to tell the truth then you don't end up looking silly and have to backtrack . Not all parents did the same it seems BFN 

I was telling the truth. My experience of Travel Lodges is they dont generally have restaurants but clearly I made a mistake as they apparently do now.  So thank you for putting me right on that one. Enjoy your deep fried rat or whatever it is they serve next time you are at a "gig".  Is that code word for something?

5 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

I was telling the truth. My experience of Travel Lodges is they dont generally have restaurants but clearly I made a mistake as they apparently do now.  So thank you for putting me right on that one. Enjoy your deep fried rat or whatever it is they serve next time you are at a "gig".  Is that code word for something?

Changed from a very definite "Travel Lodge etc don't do food" to a now the fake news has been outed "they don't generally have restaurants" . Mr Misinformation has to back down once again . You never learn do you Barryd999? 

10 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

Changed from a very definite "Travel Lodge etc don't do food" to a now the fake news has been outed "they don't generally have restaurants" . Mr Misinformation has to back down once again . You never learn do you Barryd999? 

Not at all. I accepted your explanation so I stand corrected.  I dont generally use hotels like I used to anymore and back in the day if I was unlucky enough to end up in a Travel Lodge they didnt do food and the one I stayed at a couple of years or so back near Oxford didnt either.  So not deliberate fake news, just incorrect for a change.

53 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

Not at all. I accepted your explanation so I stand corrected.  I dont generally use hotels like I used to anymore and back in the day if I was unlucky enough to end up in a Travel Lodge they didnt do food and the one I stayed at a couple of years or so back near Oxford didnt either.  So not deliberate fake news, just incorrect for a change.

Thank you Barryd999 that's a very graceful, heartfelt apology that I humbly accept . Someone called Keith private mailed me and suggested I call you Missy from now on given your habit of passing on misinformation . Made me laugh but I don't believe 9 or 10 innocent mistakes over the last few days deserve such a name do you? Best wishes Barryd999 

Archived