Posting images

Barryd999

Question

Is there any way to post an image by URL on this forum?  The only way seems to be to save the image and then upload it as an attachment which is a bit of a chore. 

I use the excellent postimg app to screen shot images or I might copy and paste an image URL but the forum doesn't seem to like any of them.

For example here is a screen shot I've saved and then uploaded in order to display it on here.  None of the options work for a direct paste into a post.

Any thoughts? (other than clear off!)

screenshot_2264.jpg

6 answers to this question

I'm using an iMac (and Chrome) and I've just taken a screen-shot of your image and then just dragged that image into this posting. (It took about 3 seconds).

Another forum I participate on uses the XenForo platform and has more word-processing posting choices than the O&AL forums. One of the choices is 'insert image' - but I can also drag an image into the posting exactly as I have here. 

image.png.4ea9b0297e77b118d036c601598eadc3.png

51 minutes ago, Derek Uzzell said:

I'm using an iMac (and Chrome) and I've just taken a screen-shot of your image and then just dragged that image into this posting. (It took about 3 seconds).

Similar to Derek but I use Screen Snip rather than screen shot. Then simply paste into my text.

On a Windows PC use SNIP in the lower toolbar or on a Mac use Command-Shift-5 (rather than Command-Shift-3 for screen shot).

Keith.

For what it's worth...

The Shift+Command+ 5 sequence needs macOS Mojave or higher to open the Screenshot app. My State-of-the-Ark iMac runs MacOS Sierra and I use Shift+Command+4 to capture the portion of the screen I want. Shift+Command+3 captures the entire screen, but I rarely need to do that.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201361

2 hours ago, Derek Uzzell said:

For what it's worth...

The Shift+Command+ 5 sequence needs macOS Mojave or higher to open the Screenshot app. My State-of-the-Ark iMac runs MacOS Sierra and I use Shift+Command+4 to capture the portion of the screen I want. Shift+Command+3 captures the entire screen, but I rarely need to do that.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201361

Dont know if Postimg is available on Mac as an app (The website will be) but its excellent for stuff like this. Just hit the prntscrn key, highlight the bit you want and then you can copy and paste it, get a URL of various formats as in my first shot or even edit it and write on it, arrows etc. I use it a lot (or used to) for IT stuff, how to guides etc. That screen shot above was from a running video.

Archived