Fiat Ducato Dethleffs central locking

John Dent

Hi I’ve recently purchased a Fiat Ducato 2015 Dethleffs Globetrotter xli motorhome , can anyone tell me if this vehicle should come with central locking system ? The dealer says it doesn’t it only has a immobiliser from the key fob which I find extraordinary !! Any help would be appreciate x

• Keithl changed the title to Fiat Ducato Dethleffs central locking

I have had 3 x Fiat Ducato based motorhomes and have a 2015 Peugeot van (same body etc) at the moment and they have all had central locking as standard, but they were not A class, as I think yours is. A Fiat van dealer should be able to confirm that yours had it  fitted  or not ( using the Fiat vin number )

The Dethleffs brochure covering their 2015 Premium class range of motorhomes can be viewed here

https://www.dethleffs.co.uk/fileadmin/user_upload/dethleffs/uk/Downloads/DET_PremiumKatalog_2015_GB_72dpi.pdf

A screen-short of the brochure's Page 35 is attached below and includes the statement. 

"Central locking by Fiat original key for cab door, conversion door and rear garage doors"

image.png.cb7c602136eaf88af5a309270451b5ce.png

Page 36 has this photo of the Fiat key-fob being used to operate the central locking.

image.png.57ddc7f8776c1513217ef12a90efa82c.png

A 2016 Dethleffs Instruction Manual can be found here

https://www.dethleffs.co.uk/fileadmin/user_upload/dethleffs/uk/Downloads/Manuals/2016/X1513.08.231_Motorcaravan_2016_GB_SW_klein.pdf

Door locking is referred to on Page 67 and advises

Depending on the model, the locks of the driver's and the front passenger's doors are part of the base vehicle. In this case, the opening and closing of the driver's door and the front passenger's door is described in the operating manual of the base vehicle.

If John's motorhome's Fiat key-fob has locking/unlocking buttons (and, as far as I'm aware they all do) logically they should work, and none of the Dethleffs' documentation contradicts this. If the vendor of John's motohome is adamant that the vehicle does not have central locking, a Fiat main agent (as Labby has advised) should be able to check if this is so.

(As the 2015 Dethleffs brochure covering the  Globetrotter X LI states that the central locking system applies to the rear garage doors as well as to the cab and living-area doors, the rear garage doors would need to have electrically-operable locks. So if the rear garage doors of John's motorhome have 'electric' locks (which should be visually apparent) it's reasonable to assume that the vehicle has a central locking system.)

Archived