Motorhomes

B Dobson

From 1984 to 1987 a caravan (Nardi)

Since 1987 four.

A small overcab bed (Arca), a medium one (Laika), a small monocoque (Aiesistem) and now a pvc (Malibu, oops it's German).

We have made fifty trips abroad and put together more than 350,000 kilometers around Europe, from the North Cape to Gibraltar and from there to Greece, the Black Sea and Finland.

Not forgetting your islands (Great Britain three times and Ireland twice).

Obviously we don't travel only in motorhomes, there are many fly&hire and organized trips.

From the USA, Mexico and Guatemala to India, China, Thailand and Myanmar (oops Burma).

Not to mention many Arab countries, including Syria and Jordan Kingdom.

Cheers

20220809_101806 Verso Sheep's Head.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barryd999 said:

Yes I have. A big white one called a Kontiki.

I was hoping to take it to Brazil but Im not sure what happened to the thread about that.

Here is a picture of my motorhome taken recently.  I hope pictures of motorhomes are allowed. If not, I can delete it if someone lets me know.

IMG20220630115727 (Medium) - Copy.jpg

Thanks Barryd999 . Is that your grey waste tap I can see open spewing chip fat water all over Flamborough? You must have a blooming long electric lead, where do you plug in or is that one of those Pontins sites? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mtravel said:

Since 1987 four.

A small overcab bed (Arca), a medium one (Laika), a small monocoque (Aiesistem) and now a pvc (Malibu, oops it's German).

We have made fifty trips abroad and put together more than 350,000 kilometers around Europe, from the North Cape to Gibraltar and from there to Greece, the Black Sea and Finland.

Obviously we don't travel only in motorhomes, there are many fly&hire and organized trips.

From the USA, Mexico and Guatemala to India, China, Thailand and Myanmar (oops Burma).

Cheers

Very nice Mr Mtravel you are a very well.travelled man . I once drove into Lancashire in the motorhome but I won't be going back there again . BTW is travel your real last name? 

25 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

Thanks Barryd999 . Is that your grey waste tap I can see open spewing chip fat water all over Flamborough? You must have a blooming long electric lead, where do you plug in or is that one of those Pontins sites? 

Yes it is but it wont be spewing chip fat, just dirty water which is fine apparently. Good for the grass.  Its not Flamborough that although I have been there, its Cornwall.  The EHU lead is on the other side. Its 200 metres long to reach the post in the hedge in the distance.  Its a new club site, not Pontins, only us there.  Thanks for the reply. Regards.

12 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

Yes it is but it wont be spewing chip fat, just dirty water which is fine apparently. Good for the grass.  Its not Flamborough that although I have been there, its Cornwall.  The EHU lead is on the other side. Its 200 metres long to reach the post in the hedge in the distance.  Its a new club site, not Pontins, only us there.  Thanks for the reply. Regards.

Yes I do believe dirty water if fine as long as you aren't releasing it near a water runway which could lead to nature damage . I don't believe emptying the elsan into bushes is acceptable though do you . I do believe there were a few instances in Scotland this year where a Motorhome owner with walking difficulties emptied the contents out in the bushes and  according to locals even took the elsan out to sea in a kayak and emptied out but that backfired when supposedly he was washed out of the kayak and straight into the waste . We were in France this summer and didn't see any of that kind of thing . All the best for the upcoming festivities Barryd999 . 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

I do believe there were a few instances in Scotland this year where a Motorhome owner with walking difficulties emptied the contents out in the bushes and  according to locals even took the elsan out to sea in a kayak and emptied out but that backfired when supposedly he was washed out of the kayak and straight into the waste . 

Thats not true 

I emptied it over Dave Pelmet / Barry Lineker 😁

But it was OK - he didn't notice 😁

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mtravel said:

Almost. Only its first six letters.

Don't worry Signore Travel I get the feeling there are others using a false name on here . I have always though felt that while driving my Motor home or on here it's always best to use ones correct name . Regards Belinda 

58 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

Don't worry Signore Travel I get the feeling there are others using a false name on here . I have always though felt that while driving my Motor home or on here it's always best to use ones correct name . Regards Belinda 

Sure though I bet Belinda isn't your real name.

I'm a little confused, in a recent message Keith mentions a "he..."

43 minutes ago, mtravel said:

Thats easily explained . I asked Keith if he could use the pronoun they when mentioning me . Little did I know his laptops T and Y keys no longer work . I didn't make a big deal about it or ask Daniel to remove Keith as I believe it was a genuine mistake he probably made in his motorhome . Best wishes 

Edited by B Dobson
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, B Dobson said:

Thats easily explained . I asked Keith if he could use the pronoun they when mentioning me . Little did I know his laptops T and Y keys no longer work . I didn't make a big deal about it or ask Daniel to remove Keith as I believe it was a genuine mistake he probably made in his motorhome . Best wishes 

Pinocchio was written by an Italian and I always thought it was set in Italy.

But no, almost certainly in Great Britain.

At this point I'm sure the whale incident happened off Loop Head, still part of the UK at the time.

Two hints:

- For thirty years I have worked in computer support. The last eight in a multivendor environment.

If Keith gives me the serial number of his laptop I'm pretty sure I can send him a refurbished keyboard.

For free of course.

- Even better if, award for his efforts, Daniel as a Christmas present would give him a brand new one ...

Edited by mtravel
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, B Dobson said:

Yes I do believe dirty water if fine as long as you aren't releasing it near a water runway which could lead to nature damage . I don't believe emptying the elsan into bushes is acceptable though do you . I do believe there were a few instances in Scotland this year where a Motorhome owner with walking difficulties emptied the contents out in the bushes and  according to locals even took the elsan out to sea in a kayak and emptied out but that backfired when supposedly he was washed out of the kayak and straight into the waste . We were in France this summer and didn't see any of that kind of thing . All the best for the upcoming festivities Barryd999 . 

Wow thats disgusting! I hope its not a member on here!

Ive been out all afternoon fixing the economy and how amazing to come back and see such a happy thread still going!  I can post a photo of my thetford if its allowed.

7 hours ago, mtravel said:

Since 1987 four.

Cheers

Nice van Max and at a guess that looks like you were either touring the Highlands or one of the many islands off the north west coast?

Im not convinced about so called German Engineering on their cars. Certainly not the later VWs.  My diesel Golf from the last century was superb. I owned it for yonks and it was the last of the 1.9TD's I think which were indestructible.  However everything else started to let it down. Electrics, Windows that were possessed and would go up and down at will. Dash lights packed up and nobody could fix them. stuff like that.

I was going to replace it with a more modern one but was warned off as the later ones apparently are rubbish or so I was told by several mechanics. Mind you they say that about most brands.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Barryd999 said:

Im not convinced about so called German Engineering on their cars. Certainly not the later VWs.  My diesel Golf from the last century was superb. I owned it for yonks and it was the last of the 1.9TD's I think which were indestructible.  However everything else started to let it down. Electrics, Windows that were possessed and would go up and down at will. Dash lights packed up and nobody could fix them. stuff like that.

I was going to replace it with a more modern one but was warned off as the later ones apparently are rubbish or so I was told by several mechanics. Mind you they say that about most brands.

Oh dear Barry999 you've just committed a hanging offence in Chatterbox🤣 

3 hours ago, mtravel said:

I'd of thought some one from EU La La Land would have moved with the times, the world is longer black & white, but 50 shades of Grey/Beige🤣

Edited by Barry Lineker

1 hour ago, Barryd999 said:

Wow thats disgusting! I hope its not a member on here!

Ive been out all afternoon fixing the economy and how amazing to come back and see such a happy thread still going!  I can post a photo of my thetford if its allowed.

Its unclear wether it was a member on here or not Barryd999 . I believe the incident happened while you were away in Scotland motor homing so you may not have read about in The Shetland Times . its a disgrace though isnt it and gives us all a blooming bad name, they threw a load of old chip papers out n'all apparently and two seals choked to death on them, mind they were old Guardian newspapers . I cant believe motorhomers would endanger such beautiful creatures on purpose . Big respect to you and yours Barryd999 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Barryd999 said:

Yes I have. A big white one called a Kontiki.

I was hoping to take it to Brazil but Im not sure what happened to the thread about that.

Here is a picture of my motorhome taken recently.  I hope pictures of motorhomes are allowed. If not, I can delete it if someone lets me know.

IMG20220630115727 (Medium) - Copy.jpg

I did call mine Nigel, as I used it to get me too where I wanted to go.

I now call him Boris, as he's got me to my destination🤣

14 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

Its unclear wether it was a member on here or not Barryd999 . I believe the incident happened while you were away in Scotland motor homing so you may not have read about in The Shetland Times . its a disgrace though isnt it and gives us all a blooming bad name, they threw a load of old chip papers out n'all apparently and two seals choked to death on them, mind they were old Guardian newspapers . I cant believe motorhomers would endanger such beautiful creatures on purpose . Big respect to you and yours Barryd999 

That's understandable, as I'd choke on the "S" they call news as well🤣 

• Haha 1