Motorhomes

B Dobson

12 hours ago, Barryd999 said:

Wow thats disgusting! I hope its not a member on here!

Ive been out all afternoon fixing the economy and how amazing to come back and see such a happy thread still going!  I can post a photo of my thetford if its allowed.

Ive checked with those upstairs and Im fairly confident thetford pics are allowed as long as its not a pic during a 'servicing' moment as that could lead to a clear breach of the rules . Might be an idea to post up a warning before the pic also as one assumes its going to be dirtier than one of those top shelf books one sometimes accidentally buys with the newspaper . Seasons greetings to all Belinda and dog Barney 

14 hours ago, Bulletguy said:

This 2008 VW pvc with 158k on the clock (254,000kms) sold at Mathewsons on Sunday for a staggering £16k! 

German engineering so the engine will easily see double that.

VW.jpg

Looking at the rust on some of the sprinter vans I'm not so sure about German engineering now.

In any case that grey would be my last choice of colour.  I was going into a roundabout, when a car that colour was going round the roundabout, and I had to brake hard because I didn't see it till the last minute.  I have had my eyes tested before and since and they are still well above the standard for driving.  But that grey colour seems to blend in with the tarmac and mist up here. 

And racing car wheels on a van driving on Englands potholed roads is just plain silly.

But I still like to look at what goes through Matthewsons even though I wouldn't want to own any of it.  And I can see that attracting more attention than a popular motorhome, even though the popular motorhome is better.

5 hours ago, mtravel said:

No. End of unnamed road and start of Sheep's Head walk, ROI.

You certainly get around Max! I'd not heard of it before and can see why its popular, the views are stunning, and I love the little lighthouse.

The rough rocky remote background in your photo and signpost bore a similarity to parts of the Outer Hebrides, hence the reason for my initial guess.

3 hours ago, John52 said:

Looking at the rust on some of the sprinter vans I'm not so sure about German engineering now.

In any case that grey would be my last choice of colour.  I was going into a roundabout, when a car that colour was going round the roundabout, and I had to brake hard because I didn't see it till the last minute.  I have had my eyes tested before and since and they are still well above the standard for driving.  But that grey colour seems to blend in with the tarmac and mist up here. 

And racing car wheels on a van driving on Englands potholed roads is just plain silly.

But I still like to look at what goes through Matthewsons even though I wouldn't want to own any of it.  And I can see that attracting more attention than a popular motorhome, even though the popular motorhome is better.

Big difference John. 99.9% of Sprinter vans are used commercially and get well hammered. That pvc camper is a T28 and in mint condition. I forgot to add it also came with drive-away awning. Only thing which would put me off is its a SWB model.

On 12/7/2022 at 1:35 PM, Bulletguy said:

You certainly get around Max! I'd not heard of it before and can see why its popular, the views are stunning, and I love the little lighthouse.

The rough rocky remote background in your photo and signpost bore a similarity to parts of the Outer Hebrides, hence the reason for my initial guess.

I've been to almost all the Inner Hebrides, I just miss Islay but you guys advised me to avoid it because there's nothing.

I've never been to the Outer Hebrides but a friend of mine spent almost a month there.

And another has passed on the Shetland Islands, I know him well, he's a bit crazy and needs to justify the fact that he bought a 100K+ Hymer 4WD.

On 12/7/2022 at 12:43 PM, Bulletguy said:

Big difference John. 99.9% of Sprinter vans are used commercially and get well hammered.

True

But I like walking round harbours and have compared many Sprinter fish vans with Sevel fish vans - the Sprinters have rusted far more.

• 6 months later...