Video clip appearing at forum start-up?

Derek Uzzell

Question

From (about) 12 December forum members have reported that an intrusive and irrelevant video-clip 'pop up' is automatically displaying on the forums. Two forum threads mention this

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/topic/54432-new-website/page/2/#comments

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/topic/56310-is-anyone-else-getting-a-annoying-pop-up-from-ap/#comment-699766

I've attached below two screen shots showing an example of the video.

Although running an advert-blocker removes the video (and the adverts that one might expect to be displayed) there's obviously something amiss that requires investigation.

image.thumb.png.4a3d86765a53995d4f5afa698509d084.png

image.png.b6509b8d01a099f2a361c834a206aed3.png

3 answers to this question

I agree and believe this video ad is too intrusive. Unfortunately this is not in our direct control. We have raised the matter with the relevant departments within our company and we will apply whatever pressure we can to have these removed. I will keep you updated should any progress be made to deal with this.

Sorry.

Paul 

Great news! The videos should now be gone!

A special thanks to @Dinkydot that escalated this so quickly for us. They were actually switched off earlier but mine have only just left my browser cache.

Now I cannot say that we can apply pressure about other Ad placements etc, someone has to foot the technology bill, but in this circumstance, I think everyone immediately agreed these were too intrusive. 

Thank you for those that voiced a concern and a special thank you to @Derek Uzzell for bringing it to our attention in such clarity.

We had a win today and I am delighted! 

Best wishes,

Paul

Archived