What's happened?

FunsterJohn

On 28 November 2022 the description of the purpose of the Chatterbox forum was changed to "Chat about anything and everything motorhome, caravanning and camping related...". The change was discussed in this thread in the Forum Support section.

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/topic/55815-chatterbox/

Bulletguy's last posting (on any of the forums) was on 9 December 2022 in an uncontroversial Chatterbox thread.

Regarding 'banning', in this other Forum Support thread

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/topic/56067-ignore-button/

the forum Administrator's policy was stated as follows

...any user undertaking behaviour likely to lead to intentional annoyance for another user, will initially have their service limited, with any additional future behaviour meant to continue the harassment in any way, may result in account suspension. This limitation may be removed upon request following a 3 month cool down period...

The O&AL forums are now based on an Invision Community platform. Having looked at other forums using that platform, standard practice seems to be that - if a user has been 'found guilty' of breaching the forum's terms and conditions and their forum service has been limited or curtailed - this becomes evident from the user's avatar - and when a user has been banned, "BANNED" appears on the avatar.

At present, the only forum user I'm aware of with a service limitation is witzend and the avatar on his postings (recent and past) now looks like this.

image.png.dd8e8040cb325a2c34ffab88f9f041a0.png

As Bulletguy's avatar (shown below) carries no equivalent message, it's evident that he has not been banned or 'service limited'.

image.png.02e5998650e6a3856142b0d485b3ebf7.png

7 hours ago, FunsterJohn said:

I haven't been here for weeks. Almost every post was from Bulletguy, with John52 adding a bit more left wing bile.

What's happened? Has Bulletguy gone to the Great Labour Party Convention in the Sky or have they been banned?

Their soapbox has been removed😏

22 hours ago, FunsterJohn said:

I haven't been here for weeks. Almost every post was from Bulletguy, with John52 adding a bit more left wing bile.

What's happened? Has Bulletguy gone to the Great Labour Party Convention in the Sky or have they been banned?

Keiths made it quite clear whats acceptable on here and even a 'dead' chatterbox is better than the one where the two members posted their endless doom threads for years . 

2 hours ago, Barry Lineker said:

I much prefer the silence to the non stop anti Brexit anti Tory drivel provided by the usual suspects like yourself😎 

LOL! no you don't!  Well I guess you dont miss constantly being shot down in flames and losing argument after argument but lets face it, you were on here day and night every day spouting "drivel".  

• Keithl locked this topic

Archived