Toll roads in Spain

Trickydicky1

• Keithl changed the title to Toll roads in Spain

Just to point out that the AP7 has always had a reputation for being “bandit country” with a long history of foreign registered caravans and Motorhomes being targeted. The usual ruse is to throw something at the rear end of your vehicle then pull alongside indicating something is wrong with your vehicle. If you pull over to check they would also stop to “help” and whilst you are out the vehicle a second person enters your vehicle and takes whatever is available. 
Be careful and remain vigilant.

David

We’ve been using the AP7 for the last 14 years travelling to Almondi about 40 mins past Alicante airport. 
it’s strange now passing the areas wher the tolls stood. 
with regard to bandit county, we have never encountered any problems travelling in MH’s and on a couple of occasions the car. 
the lay-bys do have very large signs in different languages warning of staying in them. 
we always take a break in proper motorway services and again without problem. 
our neighbours in Spain have never had a problem, maybe we’ve been lucky and I must admit we do not overnight from the French border until we reach our destination. 
we travel out next the end of March for 2 weeks. 
definetly not long enough 

den 

9 hours ago, John52 said:

Does anyone know if you can you take the motorway through Barcelona without infringing the new emissions laws?

(My 2021 Ducato is Euro 6 but I only have a French crit air number 2 sticker to prove it.  )

The following is valid if you don't have to enter the city but only bypass it.

The AP-7 passes over the city so if you don't leave it there are no restrictions and no tolls.

Max

p.s. Apart Barcelona and Madrid which have different rules, as far as I know cities with over 50,000 inhabitants have adopted (or will adopt) entry restrictions for the most polluting vehicles.

The relative sticker is not provided for foreign vehicles but Spain recognizes European ones.

Certainly the Crit'Air 1,2,3 and the German plakette 4 (green one).

Archived