BBC

Grumpyman

• Keithl changed the title to BBC
1 hour ago, Grumpyman said:

Good old BBC capitulated to Lineker. Iwould have sacked him and the rest who refused to work on Saturday. If your paid huge sums surely your contract says you turn up for work not going on  strike over an overpaid presenter.

I think that the BBC had to re-instate him went it was pointed out that other people who had broken the same rules, were NOT suspended.  The fact that Lineker is grossly overpaid is not relevant.

I haven't watched Match of the Day for years - but I saw it last Saturday and thought it was a great improvement. No waffle, no experts in hindsight - just football.  🙂

Good old BBC capitulated to Lineker’s political correctness and cancelled the series. I hope this doesn't become a trend for other programmes as it's becoming so difficult to enjoy anything without being bombarded with politics. It's not what we're here for! 

It is really sad seeing more and more of our favourite programs getting pulled off the air just because they don't align with current political correctness. I was a huge fan of Lineker’s series and it's such a shame that we won't see any more episodes due to this decision. Hopefully, other broadcasters will make sure they are able to stand up for their programming when needed in the future. 

17 hours ago, mtravel said:

...Rules are rules, Keith is around here and, like the BBC, he could censor someone.

I'm also around here...

The current 'rules' for Chatterbox subjects are clearly stated in the forum's title 

"Chat about anything and everything motorhome, caravanning and camping related..."

and there's further guidance in the ---- CHATTERBOX STANDARDS ---- thread at the head of the forum's homepage.

Archived