Hella Main Beam Headlight Corrosion

BruceM

Are you sure about those part numbers, as the top two seem to relate to side marker lights?

1603.15.199 seems to equate to what Hella's 90mm catalogue describes as 12V, H7 without position light - 1K0 008 191-011

What Brian said was 

I wonder if it might be easier for Bruce to initially contact Hella direct to verify a) the product code for the failed unit/s, and b) whether there is an updated, like for like, unit that could be installed to replace the failed unit/s.

As mentioned earlier, there's no real doubt that the 1K0 008 191-011 unit should be a direct like-for-like replacement for Bruce's Dethleffs motorhome's light-unit that has filled with water. It's the question "Is there a better updated version that could be fitted instead?" that it might be worth Bruce asking Hella about if he feels it worthwhile.

I'm very doubtful that there is a 'better' alternative Hella product that could replace a 1KO 008 191-011 unit without altering the fixing method used on Bruce's 2003 Dethleffs motorhome.

I'd just buy the 1KO 008 191-011 unit as cheaply as possible and - when I carried out the replacement - I'd follow onecal's advice about potential 'wicking' and if there's a rubber 'boot' over the back of the light-unit, I'd make sure that this was in good condition.

However, as Hella has a email address for sales, out of curiosity I'd use that address to ask if there were an 'easy fit' alternative to the 1KO 008 191-011 unit just in case there is.

Archived