Black Marks

ColinM50

No, not another of the Marx Brothers, though I heard the other day that Karl had a hitherto unknown athletic sister called Onya and her name's called out at the start of every race. Boom boom. But I digress.

I'm sure my Eldiss is like many other M/H's in that all the body panels are joined together with some sort of silicone sealer. Mine has gone black a grubby and despite washing with car wash detergent I can't get it off. Anybody any tips? Or should I scrape off as much of the sealant as I can and replace? If so what with?

TIA

I had a similar problem when I repaired a leaking windscreen with household silicone (because it was all I had at the time)  It worked fine but blackened with age)

I painted it with thick bleach.  Lett the bleach on to dry. Had to do it a couple of times. Just left a bit of salt residue on the surrounding paint which easily washed off.  Sealant gradually whitened again wih no apparent ill effects.

I use an anti mould spray that I clean my shower recess  at home. Spray on leave a while then hose off. Depending on the panel condition you may have to polish the panels as the spray will potentially remove existing polish.

cheers,

Archived