Whats allowed on Chatterbox now?

John52

Juse seen the Gambling thread, and moderator comment that I gambled on it being allowed

Fair point I suppose

Because we have no idea now what is allowed and what isn't

The Chatterbox rules are as clear as mud

So can anyone enlighten us as to what is allowed on here now?

I explained the present Chatterbox situation here

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/topic/61175-paul-o-grady-thread/#comment-707056

It's a waste of your time (and the Moderators' time) rabbiting on about this. You should address your question and complaints directly to the Big Boss (Daniel Attwood) as he chose to have the Chatterbox forum's stated purpose as it currently is

Chat about anything and everything motorhome, caravanning and camping related.

and it's only because the forum Moderators are winging it and allowing leeway to a few threads that anything recent has survived on Chatterbox.

I'm confident that - when you posted the "Gambling" entry around 6am - you knew full well it was a racing certainty it would get the chop and, sure, enough, an hour later it did.

If you must post on Chattebox feel free to do so. But the reality is that even if the type of 'general' subject you are interested in posting about is initially granted leeway, the thread will rapidly morph into the historic name-calling arguments that bedevilled 'old' Chatterbox and the thread will get edited, locked or removed.

Regarding your question "So can anyone enlighten us as to what is allowed on here now?" my personal view is that, if you cannot legitimately post what you want to say to any of the other O&AL forums, you cannot legitimately post it to Chatterbox.

• Like 1

I believe the rules are fairly clear as to what can be discussed ... Motorhoming issues and nothing political ... So one wouldn't find a discussion on here about yesterday's SNP problems but you might find a discussion about camp site prices 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, B Dobson said:

I believe the rules are fairly clear as to what can be discussed ... Motorhoming issues and nothing political ... So one wouldn't find a discussion on here about yesterday's SNP problems but you might find a discussion about camp site prices 

But if a forum-member wished to start a discussion on campsite prices, why would they pick the Chatterbox forum on which to do this?

A task that Moderators are expected to perform (on all forums, not just the O&AL ones) is to move a thread that starts in an inappropriate forum to one that is appropriate. This is a bugbear, as - although the move just needs a couple of key-strokes - there also needs to be an explanation as to why the move was done and where the thread went to.

I'm fed up with Chatterbox (again!) so no more 'leeway' from me. In future I shall adhere to the guidance that appears in the CHATTERBOX STANDARDS thread at the top of this forum's webpage and remove any thread I consider is not relevant to motorhomes, caravanning or camping.

6 hours ago, Derek Uzzell said:

But if a forum-member wished to start a discussion on campsite prices, why would they pick the Chatterbox forum on which to do this?

A task that Moderators are expected to perform (on all forums, not just the O&AL ones) is to move a thread that starts in an inappropriate forum to one that is appropriate. This is a bugbear, as - although the move just needs a couple of key-strokes - there also needs to be an explanation as to why the move was done and where the thread went to.

I'm fed up with Chatterbox (again!) so no more 'leeway' from me. In future I shall adhere to the guidance that appears in the CHATTERBOX STANDARDS thread at the top of this forum's webpage and remove any thread I consider is not relevant to motorhomes, caravanning or camping.

Why indeed? ... Folk posting in the wrong/inappropriate section is something that gives me sleepless nights and I often wonder how others manage to get through their day if they've read something thats in the wrong place ... Being a motorhome forum moderator is a position that comes with responsibility and challenges that the ordinary fella/woman/other cannot truly appreciate ... Please carry on the good work 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/6/2023 at 7:39 PM, B Dobson said:

Why indeed? ... Folk posting in the wrong/inappropriate section is something that gives me sleepless nights and I often wonder how others manage to get through their day if they've read something thats in the wrong place ... Being a motorhome forum moderator is a position that comes with responsibility and challenges that the ordinary fella/woman/other cannot truly appreciate ... Please carry on the good work 

Absolutely

The worry of something being filed in the wrong pigeon hole on the OaL forum keeps me awake at night too 😂