Stellantis - from John52

Derek Uzzell

(Posting by John52 moved from Motorhome Matters forum)

Politics aside, but this is highly motorhome relevant

Now even Stellantis, who manufacture most of our base vehicles, are talking about giving up on the UK if Johnson's Brexit deal can't be renegotiated

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2023/may/17/vauxhall-maker-says-brexit-deal-must-be-renegotiated-or-it-could-shut-uk-plant

....and I am not holding my breath for that - why would the EU renegotiate when they are doing great with the deal they got? 

Or do any more deals with our Government when our Governent has shown its willingness to renege on them?

They might as well wait for Stellantis to join the exodus from the UK to the EU.

Regarding the subject of this thread - importing from the EU etc, If Stellantis can't make it work, what chance have you or I got?

And I can't see these problems being resolved anytime soon. 

Unless Stelantis, and all other legacy vehicle builders, buck their ideas up they will loose out big time to Chinese. When you consider Tesla have had to drop price of model 3 in China to $22,000 it gives you some idea of the true price of EV's.

58 minutes ago, colin said:

Unless Stelantis, and all other legacy vehicle builders, buck their ideas up they will loose out big time to Chinese. When you consider Tesla have had to drop price of model 3 in China to $22,000 it gives you some idea of the true price of EV's.

Well yes, I guess thats what Stellantis are trying to do.

They cant compete when they are based in UK 

• Keithl locked this topic