One side of Fiamma awning does not disengage

DavyS

When I try to wind out my 2015 Fiamma F45s it sticks; it does not disengage from my cassette aft end. Some jiggling about usually frees it and it comes out with a bang.

I got up on a ladder to examine but the mechanism seems to be very simple and not have any adjustments

Anybody any ideas?

Hi Try extending it in and out a few time and see does it close/open with ease, ensuring its closing and opening fabric is straight

If not , try with an assistant to lift slightly the cassette end as it closes , The screw on the connection within the cassette closure may have come loose and be need to be tightened  

Spray some white grease on all the sliders and  operate a few times 

Hopefully this may help without investigating further 

Regards 

Edited by onecal
  • Like 1

It's possible that the sprung brackets, or least ways that end one, requires freeing off or adjusting. The aim is for the spring to partially rotate the arms into the casing to pull the cover closed, if either they are out of adjustment or they are partially seized they will cause circumstances that you describe.

The full adjustment procedure is in the wind outs instructions manual.

I have had exactly the same issues in the past, use of a PFTE based lubricant and very careful use of spanners should cure your problem.

Bas

• Like 1

20 hours ago, onecal said:

Hi Try extending it in and out a few time and see does it close/open with ease, ensuring its closing and opening fabric is straight

If not , try with an assistant to lift slightly the cassette end as it closes , The screw on the connection within the cassette closure may have come loose and be need to be tightened  

Hopefully this may help without investigating further 

Regards 

Can white grease be sprayed? IIt is a nice product  on wire cables. I used it at home awnings.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2023 at 12:57 PM, onecal said:

I think we coved all of that for DavyS, maybe he might let us know how he got on?

Not getting on very well. I cant find any reference in any of the recommendations to one end of the awning not unlatching. Several to how to fix an awning which doesn't fully retract.

But that can be what happens when the arms are out of adjustment, i.e. not level. It sounds like the one that is catching needs to be slightly raised. The way to look at it is to part wind out the awning so that the arms are still doubled up and look at the relevant level of each opposing arms knuckle joint to see if one is lower than the other. If as I suspect the one that is catching is lower then you need to adjust the arm nut to raise it slightly until it retracts and releases as it should. It's a very easy adjustment, and quick, but is more difficult to explain than do.

By the way if it is this that's the problem do not over adjust or it will rattle as you drive along. It should just slide against the base of the awning case where there are plastic pads that it rests on 

Bas

• Like 1

Hi 

As Basil says this is what happens if out of alignment and as in laimeduck post, loose wall connection and arm alignment connections. These need to be checked 

also 

On 6/10/2023 at 6:00 PM, onecal said:

try with an assistant to lift slightly the cassette end as it closes , The screw on the connection within the cassette closure may have come loose and be need to be tightened  

Simple test is with an assistant is to slightly push up on the cassette at the release point and it pops out easily now with the upward pressure it needs adjustment or replacement slider part if broken  

Edited by onecal

Davey

Just make sure the screw has not come loose within the cassette closure, Align up and tighten then open and close a few time If you need to put pressure upwards for it to pop out as it unlatches,  it then needs re alignment or replacement part if broken This is very visible when the awning is unlatched

Don't forget to lubricate all sliding and moving parts with white grease 

Hope this helps