Water and electricity

Santez

If you're talking 240v ie mains electricity, and are not competent in electrical understanding or rectification of problems, then the best thing would be to disconnect from the supply and get someone who is competent to look things over. 2nd best is to disconnect mains supply, then obviously dry as much as possible, water may well have got behind a panel or electrical component and if just left will take some time to dry out before not causing a short, then try a very cautious reconnection. Other posters may have more to advise.

I reckon you've still got moisture somewhere, doesn't take much to trip the RCD or Circuit Breakers. Maybe leaving doors open as much as possible will dry things off, especially in this weather assuming you're in the equatorial like UK/EU at the moment and not in Antarctica !

3 hours ago, Santez said:

hi long story short filling motorhome with water tube came of in mo home tipped 2 litres inside all electric went off keeps tripping but all fuses ok is the a fuse I didn’t know about 

I would suggest that if the electric keeps tripping it suggests that the area is still wet and something is shorting out.

Probably needs to be thoroughly dry before the problem gets solved.

Don't know where you are but if you are getting the current hot weather in U.K. drying out shouldn't take too long.

Hi,

No idea how competent you are electrically, so as advised turn off all mains power and let it dry out 

It may not be the fuse box ,maybe a socket or switch  

Please safety first , always fully disconnect from the mains 

So let it dry our for a day or two, and reconnect  and see is your tripping sorted especially if your sure the water caused it 

Regards 

Maybe beg, borrow a dehumidifier and use that to dry the Motorhome.

In good old days, dropping a glass bottle of milk on a tiled floor and bottle breaks, shows you how far fluids can run and spread out.

My guess is that maybe up to a quarter of the water remaining after mopping up the spill.

Archived