1999 CI Cipro 2 - Control-panel problems

Hi I have a 1999 Fiat Ducato CI Cipro 2  Motorhome , The electrical control panel seems faulty , Its  been standing all winter, all batteries disconnected , I Have just re connected and plugged into mains , the sockets and fridge work , but the control comes on and goes off , no lights ,pump or anything on there , I have checked fuses and all connections , cleaned connectors on panel , no better, Any ideas please ??? Would really appreciate any help !!!

All the best 

Brian

• Derek Uzzell changed the title to 1999 CI Cipro 2 - Control-panel problems

What is your battery voltage, preferable measured with a voltmeter directly at the terminals? It sounds like you have a flat battery, standing disconnected for six plus months will probably mean it needs charging.

Keith.

It's likely that the motorhome will have been built using Nordelettronica electrical equipment and (if that's correct) the control-panel may look like this

image.jpeg.48322bc8bff5e4239f4521361e82ef4e.jpeg

If the motorhome's batteries have not been regularly (or even occasionally) charged while the vehicle has been over-wintered with the batteries disconnected, there's a good chance the batteries will have been damaged and - even if they will tolerate being recharged now - that they will not hold charge.

As Keith has advised, the first thing to do is to charge the batteries (for at least 24 hours) and check that they will hold charge. Then reconnect the batteries and see if the control panel now works OK.

Archived