Dashcams

Grumpyman

Nextbase was a 'which' best buy, and I'm very happy with mine

Only problems have been due to the memory cards (which you buy separate) - they wear out, causing all sorts of problems with the recording.  Like gaps in between the segments so there are bits unrecorded.

I should add I found they work best with small memory cards

Mine is supposed to work with 126gb, but it doesn't work well with them.

You are supposed to format them regularly, and the bigger the card the longer it takes.

16gb or 32gb should format almost instantly.

When it doesn't it usually means the memory card is worn out and may be leaving gaps between the recordings.

Currently use an Aldi one in my car and a Lidl one in the M/H. Both work fine and the Aldi one can do front and rear but I only use the front bit. Had them 3 or 4 years and no issues. Not sure if they still do them or if it's one of their offers that comes and goes.

Another Next user on two vehicles for a number of years.

It seems to me that some of the added extras seem a bit ottop and when new are a fun fiddle factor, only to be forgotten quickly.

At the end of the day what is wanted is reliability, decent picture, ( at night as well) and maybe the speed displayed on the screen at the rear of the camera as a quick guide rather than looking down at the speedometer,

rgds

Archived