Burstner exhaust box replacement

pat terry

Hi every body, I need to replace the exhaust box on my 2010 Fiat Ducato Burstner right hand drive'

The exhaust exits from just behind the passenger door on the left hand side and runs across from the right side, the only silencers I can find are for right side exit or rear. Just wondering if any one can point me in the right direction where i might get one. Thanks Pat

It can be a bit of a nightmare.

Converters may well order A RHD vehicle with LHD exhaust configuration, such that they can mount conversion components in the same place on both models. If that is the case, a LHD silencer might work. e,.g.

https://coastalmotorhomes.co.uk/fiat-ducato-peugeot-boxer-citroen-relay-lhd-rear-exhaust-box-2-2l-2-3l-06-on.html

(there are other variations and suppliers check google for LHD units). Do check the configuration very carefully, though, as it might look just about right, but be subtly different.

If the 'van has an al-ko chassis, then things get rather more difficult, as the exhaust systems tend to be "bespoke". Usually under these circumstances people resort to having a replacement exhaust fabricated, often in stainless steel rather than mild steel, by one of the surprisingly many supplier that will do this.

Fabrication would also provide a solution for the "standard" chassis if you can't find a silencer that fits. Whilst not exactly cheap, it's not as much as one might imagine.

Thanks, yes I have seen these LHD boxes and I think it is very similar if not the same. My silencer box is 740mmx 300mm ,I just need to find out how big the LHD box is and I think it will be fine I am not to worried about the pipes as I  fabricate if need be. Thank Pat

The item suggested  for a standard Fiat chassis may be correct,

https://coastalmotorhomes.co.uk/fiat-ducato-peugeot-boxer-citroen-relay-lhd-rear-exhaust-box-2-2l-2-3l-06-on.html

The hangers for RHD and LHD are in place on the Fiat chassis,  so in theory  either a RHD or LHD exhaust could be fitted .( subject to any converters stuff being in the way)

Changes to the exhaust system upstream of the silencer  were made around 2010 with the change from euro 4 to euro 5 , this may  have an effect  on ordering a unit.

Archived