Caravan and Camping Club-disillisioned member?

laikaman

Syd

If you go to the municipal site at Bourges, you'll find a notice restricting access for twin axle vans.  The restriction exists, even if you haven't come across it. 

You may also encounter resistance due to your Tabbert caravan on some sites, because Tabbert (and also Fendt) frequently equals "traveller".  You heard it here first!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest caraprof
Likewise on the excellent municipal site at Troyes, which is where we first came across it. We then started to take notice as a friend has a T/A 'van and we came across this restriction at other sites that we used.

Brian Kirby - 2007-08-11 1:36 PM

Syd

If you go to the municipal site at Bourges, you'll find a notice restricting access for twin axle vans.  The restriction exists, even if you haven't come across it. 

You may also encounter resistance due to your Tabbert caravan on some sites, because Tabbert (and also Fendt) frequently equals "traveller".  You heard it here first!

Hi Brian.Hope you dont think that I disbelieve you because I dont just have not come across it before, must have been lucky eh Yes I have been associated with travellers before but in my experience I have found that Tabbert is just as likely to equal Dutchmen. At Jablines near Paris there must have been 15/20 Tabberts there all from HollandI just book or drive onto a site never mentioning the make of caravan only mention that it is a big one, never been refused YET.Hope no travellers take a likeing to my caravan, I would be devastated to loose it as it is so spacious and wonderfully stable even at high speeds

The thread seems to have wandered a little?

On the subject of travellers, I know a local Gypsy, very nice chap and very honest, really! He told me that many travellers in particular the "irish" (his words) would not dream of buying a van for their eldest son when he leaves "home" They simply steal one. They will go out fully equiped with oxy/gas gear, spare wheels etc and will take any van they like in minutes. Nothing,and I mean nothing! will stop them. He said they don't really think they are doing wrong, the van is empty and on its own so it's fair game!

About the only way to beat them is to have a wheel clamp loaded with Semtex. Pity obout the van but it would be worth it!

Oz

Archived