Re attaching bottom part of the Fly Screen on Sky Light.

Zydeco Joe

yes I've done it, when you want to fix the flynet to the screen slider, fold the net and shove it into the metal and then push the plastic rod? through the fold inside the metal piece to hold it there.(if you pull the canvas piece out so the metal connector is out you will see the plastic rod pushed through the ally), (hold one side of the ally piece pull the other side of the ally towards you then it will come out ).

you can see the fold on your flynet

sorry for my explaination but not sure how to explain it better, it is easy to do,

I expect sombody could explain it better than me

• Like 1

On 18/08/2023 at 17:18, teccer1234 said:

yes I've done it, when you want to fix the flynet to the screen slider, fold the net and shove it into the metal and then push the plastic rod? through the fold inside the metal piece to hold it there.(if you pull the canvas piece out so the metal connector is out you will see the plastic rod pushed through the ally), (hold one side of the ally piece pull the other side of the ally towards you then it will come out ).

you can see the fold on your flynet

sorry for my explaination but not sure how to explain it better, it is easy to do,

I expect sombody could explain it better than me

Can you show what you mean with some photos please. Have tried again today with no luck. What plastic Rod ?.

@Zydeco Joe That looks exactly like how the flyscreen in our bathroom window failed many years ago!

There is a small pocket sewn across the bottom of the flyscreen mesh with a round plastic filler rod slid into it. the mesh and rod are then slid into the groove on the aluminium bar. You may have to fully dismantle the screen and housing to slide the rod out then back in again after resewing the pocket. There looks to be evidence of the sewing having failed in your photo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keithl said:

Yes, my window was a very small bathroom window and was a pain so I wouldn't envisage a skylight being any easier!

mine was a skylight and was fairly easy to do, I'll try to take some photos tomorrow

3 hours ago, Zydeco Joe said:

Is it much of a job to dismantle the Screen & Housing ?.

no need to do that, it's easy to do when you know how

12 hours ago, teccer1234 said:

mine was a skylight and was fairly easy to do, I'll try to take some photos tomorrow

no need to do that, it's easy to do when you know how

first photo, push back one side then it will lift out to work on.

second photo, shows the aluminium bar with the net attached.

third photo, closup of the end of the bar showing where the net is folded and the plastic rod pushed through to hold it.

I think you will have to slide the net completly out and start again with the whole net

hope this helps11.JPG.c0356913801396a51aa55a2edd45734d.JPG

20230826_1023361.JPG

20230826_1021581.JPG

• Like 1

Just now, teccer1234 said:

third photo, closup of the end of the bar showing where the net is folded and the plastic rod pushed through to hold it.

I think you will have to slide the net completly out and start again with the whole net

20230826_1023361.JPG

20230826_1021581.JPG

photos loaded in wrong order but you will understand when I mean

14 minutes ago, teccer1234 said:

20230826_1023361.JPG

20230826_1021581.JPG

Thanks for the photos but ours is from a Over the Cab Skylight and a different sliding effect with no bar. Its attached (or was)) to the top of the normal night screen a concertina one. See my original photo. You can see the way it pulls down or up using the white handles The mesh is not attached on the sides just top and bottom.

If you look close at my photo you can see one of lug handles in white. To open the front window above the cab and use the fly screen, you first unlock and open the window, then you pull down the night time concertina blind to fully closed, and then you pull down on the white lug handles, which then brings the fly screen mesh into place by pushing the concertina blind down out of the way. It sounds more complicated to explain than to do.lol

Yes I understand, so the flyscreen is permanently attached between the blackout blind and the top of the frame. Looks like you're going to have to remove the entire frame to effect a repair. Start looking for fixing screws, possibly hidden by plastic caps.