Fitting gas tank.

snowy

Hi. I am waiting delivery of a Autotrail Expedition 66. In the next 3 weeks.  I was told that the refillable 2 gas bottles were the 2.7 kgs each, because of the small space for them. I would like to fit at least a 30 litre tank slung underneath. Not sure yet if there is space for it. I was wondering if anyone had fitted a tank underneath, and what size it was. Thanks.

Phoned Autogas2000 this morning and guy there was most helpful. He said there was no problem with space for the tank and they fitted a couple on that model every week. Just give them a Call and  they would sent every thing needed to fit it. Great news.

• Like 1

A GOOGLE-search on ducato gas tank kit will identify several potential installers (with some adverts showing where the tank goes).

The standard specification of an Auto-Trail Expedition 66 includes 2 x 3.9kg gas bottles.

Calor's decision to phase out their 3.9kg canister means that a buyer of an Expedition 66 will either need to use (in the UK) Flogas 3.9kg bottles, or go down the 'autogas' route that (as snowy has said) translates to using Gaslow's 2.7kg R67 refillable bottles or fitting an external gas tank - in both cases not a cheap exercise. (Presumably modifying the motorhome internally to carry larger-capacity gas bottles is a non-starter?) 

It would be interesting to know what (if anything) Auto-Trail is doing about this gas-related complication, as Calor's decision to discontinue availability of the 3.9kg canister was publicised 6 months ago.

• 1 month later...

Had a tank fitted in Thirsk by Auto Gas 2000 5 years ago. Stayed overnight with electric for free they even drove us on the day of fitting into Thirsk and picked is up after. Happy with the service. Big bonus is the space of the gas locker takes loads of stuff like ramps, two large boxes, cycle helmets, chargers etc. Plus no rip off by calor.