Ford Duetto, habitation power issues.

Maxarmour

Hi,

Can anyone help please?

We have no habitation power for both 230 and 12v electrics.

When we try to charge the 230 externally - house to van, there is no recognition of connection. We have tried the test on the RCD and it hasn't tripped.

Can't see any blown fuses - but suspect we may not have located all fuses.

on the dual solar battery controller both lights flash when engine is running. When not running leisure battery indicator shows solid red

Racking our brains, thinking also is there an inline (70amp?) fuse and if there is where is it located?

Thanks

If I'm interpreting correctly and you've used the "test" button on the RCD and it hasn't tripped, it seems to me that it is likely that current isn't reaching it (the RCD). (There is also a slight chance it is "borked").

There shouldn't be any further fusing or interruption between the RCD and the inlet from the hookup lead, so I'd be inclined to check whatever house outlet you're using (should be relatively easy if it's 13 amp), and (after fully unplugging) the state of your hookup lead, and the 16A plugs on either end.

Hi,   As has been said you should check the continuity of your mains lead ( i.e. pos, neg, earth ) end to end to prove that you don't have a broken core in the lead. This will be easy to do when you put your meter to resistance.