Is it the end of the friendly club ?

Pluto

I am a member of the Camping and Caravanning Club.  They have changed their logo and the look of the  front cover of the magazine. 

The new logo is now in black and white and they have removed the red 'Friendly Club'. I do not think it is an improvement and I wonder what others think ?

The new logo looks a bit ' drab ' compared to the old one - I've not seen the new mag design yet.

I read somewhere that the goal of the changes is " inspiring more travel for motorhome and campervan owners " so ( if that is so ) I would be more concerned about actual ' campers ' ( i.e. tenters ) interests in the new mag.

I doubt if much will change - many organisations like to update / modernise / from time to time for no apparent reason but there is rarely a noticeable difference.

( Removing the colour from the logo will save a bit of money on printing inks I guess ).

🙂

The cost of changing a logo is enormous!

Think all advertising has to be re-done, all letter headings and printed matter has to be changed, all signage has to be changed and graphics on buildings, vehicles etc. etc.  etc.
And to what benefit? Will it bring in more income for a cost of several 10's of £thousands? I very much doubt it!

Jeremy

• Thanks 1

For what it’s worth I hope they don’t fold as, out of the two main clubs, their local district organisations organise Temporay Holiday Sites in some pretty good places. Fairly priced, no frills, no need to book (usually), perhaps the nearest thing we will get to ‘freedom‘ camping in this country.

David

Hamza Yassin has taken over as club president following on from Julia Bradbury. She had 10 years in the post. Maybe that has something to do with it, I don't think they will fold, they are just changing with the times.

The forum, whenever I had a look was very slow, stationary. The Oxford site closing is a shame we liked that site for access to the city. But instead the ccc has invested heavily in the Nottingham in the woods site.

I do prefer the old logo myself and the friendly greeting.

We too liked the flexible and friendly approach with usually, but not always, no need to pre book for weekend meets and THS locations, much better than CC/CMCC or whatever their current name is, restrictions, regimentation and rules.

Perhaps the CCC has been infiltrated by CC spies hell bent on bringing the once friendly club down to their level of officialdom?

We have over the years joined THS without booking or fuss and the same with rallies (most times just happen to drive past one in a convenient spot.

Tried to join a C&MC rally once, what a todo, took the best part of an hour to book in with and constantly being told how lucky we were to get on (we only wanted to stop one night.

Pete

Edited by breakaleg