Posting Page justification ?

laimeduck

Question

10 answers to this question

54 minutes ago, Keithl said:

Your post appears perfectly normal to me so maybe a setting at your end?

image.thumb.png.6718b5a7b739af0cecb6de19a55d3a3b.png

Keith

Did you check the "Breakdown" posting I did?

This "Question" posting displays correctly but the "Breakdown" one does not? ...... see images

Jeremy

forum 1.jpg

forum 2.jpg

Jeremy

You could try logging off the forums, closing down whatever type of device (phone, tablet, or desktop/laptop?) you are using, then turning the device back on and logging back into the forums.

The format of your postings all look 'normal' (margin LHS with avatar in that margin) from my end and I haven't been able to get my own postings to display with my avatar positioned centrally above the text.

If the issue persists, one of the technical support staff may have an explanation.

Thanks guys for your input - I've just posted under "Breakdown" again and the post is fine?

Other peoples postings are also exhibiting LHS justification, but it seems quite random?

Spooky .... perhaps it's the swirling mists and sound of muffled hooves and scarecrow figures down here on Romney Marsh!

Stop press !!!  This post is now displaying LHS justification! OOOeeer guv!

Edited by laimeduck

1 hour ago, paul2 said:

Laimeduck when i read the posts on here  sometimes you are in the middle and sometimes on the side but so are Keith ,Derek  and lots of others

Thanks Paul ...that means it's not my home system at fault, it must be a glitch in the forum site?

PS

And I've just checked this post and it is displaying OK!

Edited by laimeduck

The difficulty trying to diagnose an issue like this - that (based on Jeremy's and Paul's comments) is sporadic, does not affect all forum members and cannot be reproduced at will - is that the device/software being used to access the forums is an unknown quantity. 

I use an elderly iMac using either Chrome or Safari as the browser, or a fairly new iPad using Safari, or - once in a blue moon - an old IPhone 7 and Safari. However I've NEVER seen postings displaying with the avatar centralised above the text as in Jeremy's screen-shot and (for me) both of Jeremy's postings in the BREAKDOWN INSURANCE thread have his avatar on the LHS.

Jeremy

You've said that your 2nd posting in the BREAKDOWN INSURANCE thread has your avatar in the 'normal' position on the LHS. On your 1st posting on the BREAKDOWN INSURANCE thread, is your avatar still being displayed centralised above the posting's text, or has the avatar moved back to the LHS?

Derek - it is happening on various threads eg

The following posts are LHS justified

"Breakdown"

DavyS post at 10.44 on 21/02/24

Laimeduck post 13.38   21/02/24

"Electric Bike Insurance"

The Bishbus  10 hrs ago ~08.41ish  22/02/24

Laimeduck 5hrs ~13.41ish 22/02/24

On these two topics all other posts are normal justified

Jeremy

UPDATE

And just checked another topic, "Fiat Ducato Alternator"

Mtravel is LHS and Keithl is LHS ... all others normal.

Jeremy

Edited by laimeduck

On the three forum threads you've referred every posting looks 'normal' to me (ie. avatar at top of 'margin' to the left of the posting's text).

Where the "Fiat Ducato Alternator" thread is concerned, no posting looks 'abnormal' to me and that includes Mtravel's and Keithl's (see my screen-shots below)

image.png.899b8c2258dddb493a457599a731449c.png

image.png.c84f3f7cd92b1f45ae91f1c11d7851ea.png

Paul2 has said that he also sometimes gets postings displayed in the same way, but I don't know how many other forum members have experienced the issue.

I'll message PaulD and Daniel the Editor who - as forum administrators have more forum privileges than moderators - and draw their attention to the phenomenon.